Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny how quickly you forget about the high draft picks when a new bunch of them come through. If Clug and Berry have huge seasons (possible) we could shoot right up the ladder.

It’s funny how quickly you forget about the high draft picks when a new bunch of them come through. If Clug and Berry have huge seasons (possible) we could shoot right up the ladder.
I Clug keeps up his post bye form from last year he’ll be close to our best player. Had a great finish to the year and showed how good a pick he was.

Last edited:

Hot as in Hobart right now.

And despite the ever-present risk of hypothermia lots of people in the water down Kingston way.

Nice little item re the Lions on last night's news.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Cedric Cox looks genuinely bigger than ever before. Last time I saw him at the game he looked weedy and was easily pushed around by Betts. This year I wouldnt be surprised if he locked down a half back role or a bench spot. His talent + increased strength = break out year. His breakneck speed will be much more readily apparent when he has the confidence to back himself like Rayner (which he will once he plays a few more games and realises his new strength base)

Darcy Gardiner has quite a large knee brace on after the practice match today

Darcy Gardiner has quite a large knee brace on after the practice match today
Archie said it was a very competitive session. Expect more collateral damage. There're a lot more people vying for spots this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed a little dig towards Beams there when Robbo said "actual A-graders" in regards to Neale and Lyons. Can't wait to see us vs. the pies.
I heard it, I was wondering if anyone else thought what I thought. :D

Reckon Eli doesn't have the mongrel in him much. Cop that face.
How determined is he, just get out of my way.
You need to use that face for your avatar.
I wondered who he was, Cheers,
Eli (alias The water boy) has opened the can of woopy ass up and skulled it.
RRRRTTTT RRRRRTTTT.

Howdy Lions Team. A mate of mine went and watched your training at Kinston yesterday. He's not a Lions supporter, but here is what he had to say:

"Went and watched Lions training / intraclub yesterday.

They looked a bit fumbly to me, even compared to Carlton last year. In warm ups afl players shouldn't be missing targets by 10 metres!

Hodge very good and very good organising, great to be able to lean on the fence and listen to him organising everyone.

Rayner was half back/mid all game and Charlie Cameron too.

In their warm up / ground drills they were practicing getting a mid 35m out from goal and using him as often as looking for forwards, Chirstensen etc, so I reckon that means they run a few of their 6 “in the forward 50” forwards upfield after restarts etc and then try to run them back in and lose their man in traffic?

Didn’t pay much attention to their kick in stuff – to me they didn’t kick enough points to get an idea as they were potting goals from everywhere.

Stefan Martin officially big, as is Marcus Adams (both of them on light duties) and a kid called Jack Payne was a fair size too. McInerney was good as well believe it or not.

McCluggage probably most impressive."

Probably nothing much you don't already know, but thought I would share. I know we all crave a bit of information over the pre-season.

Howdy Lions Team. A mate of mine went and watched your training at Kinston yesterday. He's not a Lions supporter, but here is what he had to say:

They looked a bit fumbly to me, even compared to Carlton last year. In warm ups afl players shouldn't be missing targets by 10 metres!

Hodge very good and very good organising, great to be able to lean on the fence and listen to him organising everyone.

In their warm up / ground drills they were practicing getting a mid 35m out from goal and using him as often as looking for forwards, Chirstensen etc, so I reckon that means they run a few of their 6 “in the forward 50” forwards upfield after restarts etc and then try to run them back in and lose their man in traffic?

Didn’t pay much attention to their kick in stuff – to me they didn’t kick enough points to get an idea as they were potting goals from everywhere.

Stefan Martin officially big, as is Marcus Adams (both of them on light duties) and a kid called Jack Payne was a fair size too. McInerney was good as well believe it or not.

Probably nothing much you don't already know, but thought I would share. I know we all crave a bit of information over the pre-season.

Thanks for sharing mate. Funny we were missing passes and potting goals. Will take that haha.

The fumbling has been an issue of most pre-seasons for well over a decade - in the last three years we have lost/delisted/retired 35 players, our average age is just 23.22yrs, we were ranked the 16th youngest side last season and have actually dropped to be the second youngest this season. We have a lot of enthusiasm but the coaches still need to continue with the learning/teaching & training. We seem to now be drafting/trading better footy smart kids and IMO are setting in place solid on and off-field foundations that are both enhancing the teams skill levels and culture.

Not going to happen overnight but with the Fagan/Noble inception now entering it's 3rd year I believe the club/supporters are about to leave a 'faith in phase' and a hell of a lot closer to one of expectation. As they say in the classics, these are EXCITING TIMES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back