Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s my point. They wouldn’t class themselves as a Victorian or an allies. Matt Ferguson played for wa but he is a Victorian. Lenny Hayes is a Sydney boy no matter who he played for
lenny Hayes played for NSW/ACT so he is a NSW player
Matt Ferguson plays WAFL footy but i dont recall him being selected for the WA state team so he is not a WA player
just like Tom Curren isnt and Michael Rix wasnt...

from that note George Young is a tricky one .. born in Melbourne played ammo at Wembly in WA before playing WAFL in his 20's, plays for WA in the 1972 Interstate carnival got picked up by St Kilda at 24 years of age and when fishing up comes bak to WA .. also played cricket for WA so certainly theres enough to claim him a WA player born in Victoria

what ever state you represent that state has a claim to you being their player

lenny Hayes played for NSW/ACT so he is a NSW player
Matt Ferguson plays WAFL footy but i dont recall him being selected for the WA state team so he is not a WA player
just like Tom Curren isnt and Michael Rix wasnt...

from that note George Young is a tricky one .. born in Melbourne played ammo at Wembly in WA before playing WAFL in his 20's, plays for WA in the 1972 Interstate carnival got picked up by St Kilda at 24 years of age and when fishing up comes bak to WA .. also played cricket for WA so certainly theres enough to claim him a WA player born in Victoria

what ever state you represent that state has a claim to you being their player
Ferguson played for wa. George young is wa player what state is allies if you went that theory.

Me

Not sure about CALL ME SNAKE
Im keeping in good shape mate
72f257a52773540de7f35abc3c9ea3dd---pack-abs-six-pack-diet.jpg

Big article about Hind and the Saints on AFL.com.au.

Can't paste it unfortunately but reckons he is a chance of a R1 gig.

Talked about the forwards working with Ratten and confirmed Gres and Billings in the mids.

Someone post it for others please

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Interesting aside down the bottom too:

"AFL.com.au will detail other aspects from behind-the-scenes access at Moorabbin in the coming days. This will include team meetings, different player roles for 2019, Richardson's fresh approach, the handling of new rules, Dan Hannebery's influence on teammates and Billy Slater's impact."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went there thinking it was a great place to start a lawn mowing business... However should have gone Iceland ironically.

Not a difficult mistake to make. The name suggests it is a verdant and vast land, which would provide many opportunities for an entrepreneurial type who maintains lawns for a living. I checked the local Nuuk directory and there isn't a single lawn mowing business there. Alas, the name is misleading, but I can't help thinking P66 is ahead of his time. With global warming and what not, Greenland may well still live up to its name. Then it will be P66 laughing, having put in the ground work.

Not a difficult mistake to make. The name suggests it is a verdant and vast land, which would provide many opportunities for an entrepreneurial type who maintains lawns for a living. I checked the local Nuuk directory and there isn't a single lawn mowing business there. Alas, the name is misleading, but I can't help thinking P66 is ahead of his time. With global warming and what not, Greenland may well still live up to its name. Then it will be P66 laughing, having put in the ground work.
Not as silly as it sounds.

Just purchased a home for peanuts in Noble Park.

Should be absolute beach front by 2130.

Sorry to intrude and bring it back to preseason ;) but it looks like lots of other structural options are being considered as well. Gresh and Billings to the mids, Battle to defence and

"Down back it might potentially do the same, we might have a look at (Jimmy) Webster on the wing because of what Hind might do through there (hb)."

I really like this one because I don't think we've utilised Jimmy as well as we could.

Always thought he should pose more of a scoring threat than he does (85 games yet to hit the scoreboard), don't know whether it is a tank issue or instructions.

Also looks like we've given the Age a fair bit of access over the pre season, should make for interesting reading.

AFL.com.au will detail other aspects from behind-the-scenes access at Moorabbin in the coming days. This will include team meetings, different player roles for 2019, Richardson's fresh approach, the handling of new rules, Dan Hannebery's influence on teammates and Billy Slater's impact.

Sorry to intrude and bring it back to preseason ;) but it looks like lots of other structural options are being considered as well. Gresh and Billings to the mids, Battle to defence and

"Down back it might potentially do the same, we might have a look at (Jimmy) Webster on the wing because of what Hind might do through there (hb)."

I really like this one because I don't think we've utilised Jimmy as well as we could.

Always thought he should pose more of a scoring threat than he does (85 games yet to hit the scoreboard), don't know whether it is a tank issue or instructions.

Also looks like we've given the Age a fair bit of access over the pre season, should make for interesting reading.

AFL.com.au will detail other aspects from behind-the-scenes access at Moorabbin in the coming days. This will include team meetings, different player roles for 2019, Richardson's fresh approach, the handling of new rules, Dan Hannebery's influence on teammates and Billy Slater's impact.
Yes, didn't see that bit.

Jimmy on a wing with his pace and weapon of a boot, that would be something.Robbo coming back makes that move easier.

The strategy of the mature aged recruits makes sense along with Hanners.
Many have bemoaned the fact we can't attract Sheil types so we have to go from within.
Billings and Gres are undoubted talents so bolster the positions they have played in.

We aren't a great list but at least the club is not sitting on its hands.

Big changes off field and new strategies on.

Not as silly as it sounds.

Just purchased a home for peanuts in Noble Park.

Should be absolute beach front by 2130.
http://www.floodmap.net/

When it gets to around 30m. :D
Just do yourself a favour and stay the hell of Cranbourne/Frankston island... things are going to get post apocalyptic out there, in an "escape from new york" sort of way but with more bogans.

Billings on SEN this morning, wouldn't commit to the club, just focused on pre season.

Sounds gone after this year

Didn't hear it but that is the importance of this year. Anything like last year and we will lose one or two players including Steven. We don't need to win 10 games but we do need to show plenty of improvement. A good start with that is looking at your percentage.

Ferguson played for wa. George young is wa player what state is allies if you went that theory.
my bad allies doesnt exist .... Nick Riewoldt played in the national champs for QLD (i forgot qld have their own team) so QLD have claim to say he is a QLD player

Billings needs to drive his value up by having a good/break out year this year, not signing early was his stance at the start of preseason too.

It wouldn't make sense for him to sign a new deal just now. Off the back of a good year he will get good offers from other clubs and that will drive up his price internally, which is what I think will happen. He'll have a brilliant year being in his last year of contract (extra motivation) and then sign on and for a lot more $$ than he would now.

The biggest concern from me is that Connors is his agent, so don't expect it to be a simple negotiation and that adds more uncertainty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back