Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I would be playing Parker before Lonie, on today's game.

Lonie looked really good at the ground especially in the 3rd. Parker only so so from what I saw. Young was lively, Rice, Savage and White all looked desperate. Big Lewie plays our angry, he was abusing the umpires for not giving him free kicks heaps.

Clav's been hurt. Limping off.

I think Lewie might have hurt him, he was shoving him around just before he went down and was going mental abusing the umps and getting shitty about delivery into the forward line.

Great to see Bruce back and presenting well.
Parker got plenty of it and something to work with for sure. Robbo back is a godsend.

Still bombing to hotspot too often.

Sorry for those who are hopeful, but IMO Paddy simply won't make it.
From what I observed he's doing same dumb s**t as last year. 4 x concussion attempts in a practice match says so.

The contested grab he took made me think he might work out.

A few observations from the game.
Bruce showed today why he is our number one KPF. He is very mobile, rarely gets outmarked and he crashes into packs.
Clark is a very creative player. Left side or right side....no issue for him. He finds an option.
We have found a player in Parker. He is going to be a difficult match up.Tall with breakaway speed and he cleared some good ball out of the centre today.
Geary......saw him miss some relatively easy hit up leads and kick one out on the full. He's not a long kick and if he receives the ball just outside 50, his forward 50 entries end up being shallow and easier to defend. He frustruted me today and I suspect he will continue to frustrate me during the season.
The venue.The vibe at the ground was terrific. We should never have left. It's a great place to watch football.

20190223_121008.jpg
Clark misses from 30m

I think Lewie might have hurt him, he was shoving him around just before he went down and was going mental abusing the umps and getting shitty about delivery into the forward line.
B161F469-891C-4415-BBEB-BB67520961ED.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He seemed really competent, and i saw Austin do some risky stuff in front of goals.
I'd still think Carlisle and Brown are ahead of those two.

And if we are going to play the third tall defender/intercept player I'd be surprised if it wasn't Battle.

Time will tell I guess.

Lonie looked really good at the ground especially in the 3rd. Parker only so so from what I saw. Young was lively, Rice, Savage and White all looked desperate. Big Lewie plays our angry, he was abusing the umpires for not giving him free kicks heaps.

Really? I thought Parker > Lonie by a long way.

pff

nathan brown should be worried

I understand you think Carlisle is an important cog in our defence but IMO he has gone backwards since he has been at our club. He doesn't show the urgency, aggression or dare he used to at Essendon and to me looks like he is coasting far too often, hence I believe he needs a rocket and coming back thru Sandringham might be just that. Reward the kids that are having a go Battle & Joyce. Brown is as fit as he has ever been and looked good today and is the lock down FB we need, so for me Carlisle needs to earn his place back in the side.

I understand you think Carlisle is an important cog in our defence but IMO he has gone backwards since he has been at our club. He doesn't shown the urgency, aggression or dare he used to at Essendon and to me looks like he is coasting far too often, hence I believe he needs a rocket and coming back thru Sandringham might be just that. Reward the kids that are having a go Battle & Joyce. Brown is as fit as he has ever been and looked good today and is the lock down FB we need, so for me Carlisle needs to earn his place back in the side.
ahuh

Parker looked really impressive to me , pretty sure at this stage he will be in round 1 side .
Pity Longer is not yet fit as it would have been interesting to see him against Pierce .

Great to have Robbo and Bruce back in the team , they add so much to the team .

Don’t Panic !!

I understand you think Carlisle is an important cog in our defence but IMO he has gone backwards since he has been at our club. He doesn't show the urgency, aggression or dare he used to at Essendon and to me looks like he is coasting far too often, hence I believe he needs a rocket and coming back thru Sandringham might be just that. Reward the kids that are having a go Battle & Joyce. Brown is as fit as he has ever been and looked good today and is the lock down FB we need, so for me Carlisle needs to earn his place back in the side.
d4ZhomlQX2LqUA_5GfPZqVbgzC2jKrRSBrJHS302c-xU8wgD8SACSytlWT1xmLBfn5uFIatwzvFW_u-914sVyWFGWYhzBZKR8TAv4nYAr6dpHjfDULAZOgcQUyRxHTc=w514-h286-nc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back