Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce gives off to Ed Phillips who runs in and kicks from 50 and goals on the siren!

Final score -

Black: 10.13.73
Green: 2.2.14

Boys are absolutely stuffed. Pretty hot down there and the first four quarter hit-out for the year.

Pretty promising signs for a lot of the young & new boys.

I thought our bests were Parker, Dunstan, Battle, Bruce, and Clark.

Great work from the club to live stream the event and get so many great people interviewed. A great turnout of around 5,000 people I'd say, a huge effort given the season we just had. Hopefully it translates well into memberships.

JLT next week! Looking forward to see how the boys go against opposition.
Anyone go last year as well ?

If so can you see differences? ?

Same here George....the group I was standing with were all gobsmacked at what they did for a "warm down"
I feel like it is really important to post this.

Spoke to Richo post game and he acknowledges it’s make or break for him. So he doesn’t want to die wondering this year. His coaching team and himself have challenged the players to be the fittest and hardest working team in the league. This is a normal thing for them

I understand you think Carlisle is an important cog in our defence but IMO he has gone backwards since he has been at our club. He doesn't show the urgency, aggression or dare he used to at Essendon and to me looks like he is coasting far too often, hence I believe he needs a rocket and coming back thru Sandringham might be just that. Reward the kids that are having a go Battle & Joyce. Brown is as fit as he has ever been and looked good today and is the lock down FB we need, so for me Carlisle needs to earn his place back in the side.
Respectfully, that is rubbish. Carlisle is in our top 3 best players and was last year perhaps our most important player. He may seem to lack urgency but that probably because he was battling through corkies and a crook back. As for lacking aggression thats ridiculous he is a campaigner and probably has eased off to avoid being suspended constantly.

Did anyone else notice Hanners and Skunk out on the ground after the game giving specific feedback to players - Skunk spent 3 or 4 minutes going through something with Battle and Hanners was chatting to Seb and a couple of others. Could clearly see them going through some in game stuff pointing to different parts of the ground.

Welcome back, Barrels.
wp-1487503250534.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like it is really important to post this.

Spoke to Richo post game and he acknowledges it’s make or break for him. So he doesn’t want to die wondering this year. His coaching team and himself have challenged the players to be the fittest and hardest working team in the league. This is a normal thing for them
It sounds like the whole footy department have had a boot up the arse and have changed to suit.

Full marks to the club for the day....IMO.....the set up was absolutely fantastic and I'm sure the huge crowd was having a great time.....it certainly appeared that way.

I was standing on the grassy knoll....well....the dead grass....grassy knoll on the building side of the ground.. ….checking out all the set up and looking across the building side of the ground,the view looked amazing ….a huge crowd......umbrellas...tables and chairs....bean bags.....even a chill out room..lol.

Anyway......looked to my left and right next to me was one Matt Finnis.

I said hello and we chatted for about 5 minutes.....you could see how chuffed he was at the turn out...….he said the China connection will be very big for the club....stage 2 of RSEA Park is now well underway(I'll post a few pics of that)......and where we were standing will be a 2 K seated grandstand this time next year.

He was very easy to talk to and seemed in no rush to go.

At games end asked the membership table how sales were...they said...excellent.

From what I saw of the game...eye catchers for me were:

Bruce
Parker
Kent
Clarke
Battle.....he took some great contested marks.
Paddy's kicking....at a few of the games last season......I thought his field kicking was excellent.
Great stuff Watto - interested in who you think will be in our backline if Brown , Carlisle can't play - who would be your bet on filling the positions , as you say Battle will most probably fill Carlisle spot , but what about Brown's spot - Joyce or Austin

Carlisle is the only player that I never questioned during the season. He stood up when no one else dared. All of last year I called on him to be named captain because every single week he played, he cared.
Couldn’t say the same about any other player last year.
Really? Carlisle has a habit of cracking it or giving up when it gets tough.
Plenty of times last year his effort could be questioned once the margin started getting inflated. He will never take the next step to becoming a legitimate A grade player until he stops picking and choosing what contests matter.

Admit it..... You been too busy watching Married At First Sight ;)
I choose not to deny that. Or confirm it.

Full marks to the club for the day....IMO.....the set up was absolutely fantastic and I'm sure the huge crowd was having a great time.....it certainly appeared that way.

I was standing on the grassy knoll....well....the dead grass....grassy knoll on the building side of the ground.. ….checking out all the set up and looking across the building side of the ground,the view looked amazing ….a huge crowd......umbrellas...tables and chairs....bean bags.....even a chill out room..lol.

Anyway......looked to my left and right next to me was one Matt Finnis.

I said hello and we chatted for about 5 minutes.....you could see how chuffed he was at the turn out...….he said the China connection will be very big for the club....stage 2 of RSEA Park is now well underway(I'll post a few pics of that)......and where we were standing will be a 2 K seated grandstand this time next year.

He was very easy to talk to and seemed in no rush to go.

At games end asked the membership table how sales were...they said...excellent.

From what I saw of the game...eye catchers for me were:

Bruce
Parker
Kent
Clarke
Battle.....he took some great contested marks.
Paddy's kicking....at a few of the games last season......I thought his field kicking was excellent.

Agree fantastic day very enjoyable.

My only suggestion would have been seeing we are aiming at families and we play at Marvel..

Could have worded the boys at Marvel to send some of their Characters & Deadpool for the adults along
today.

Thought Hunter Clark showed will be a nice footballer going forward given the opportunities in the centre .
Actually thought Acres was pretty good in undermanned team , 1st half.
Have to play 2 ruckman this year , Bruce too valuable as forward option in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back