Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Great - will be interested to hear who you find thats

A - A proven AFL grade player

B - Match fit to AFL standards

C - Doesn't need years of physical development

D - Fills the temporary need we may have for a back up Key "defensive" Defender.

Can't wait for your Sunday night update on who we should pick.

Oh that guy, he was going to go pick one, but all the recruiters forgot about him

Rowe can play on the ‘monster’ forwards, something that only really Brown and Joyce can given that Carlisle is now out long term.

Rowe’s a really great person. Even if he’s not the best player and is prone to some frustrating mistakes, he’ll give it all he can on the field and least you’ll know he’s not half-arsing it.

Sam’s real benefit to St.Kilda will be off field leadership. He’s a level headed bloke who’s dealt with Carlton at its absolute worst. His experience and leadership, as well as his relationship to Ratts, should help you guys in what’s proving to be a shocking run of luck in 2019.

Bad luck with Dylan and Paddy, hope things work out for you guys this year, good luck.

He has slowly recaptured his swagger. But you never understand what's going on inside.

It's a crap situation but you have to find a way to keep going. That's life.
You are called a widow/er losing your partner, you are called an orphan when you lose your parents.

There is no label when you lose a child as it is just too effing horrible to even contemplate.
Hope your friend can endure VDS. I literally couldn't think of anything worse for a family.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not a part time scout unfortunately. But I'm sure there is minimum 74 players more suitable in the VFL SANFL or the WAFL than Sam friggin Rowe. If that doesn't tickle your fancy minimum 34 kids who missed out in the draft. I'll head down the GFL or BFL and watch a few praccy matches on the weekend and find a half dozen better than Rowe to if you would like.
I mean common. We all have had enough of sucking and mediocrity in our lives but we get defensive when someone rubbishes Sam Rowe. So backwards.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
So who? You whine about who we pick up but haven't a replacement, not even a suggestion.

Excellent

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

D - Fills the temporary need we may have for a back up Key "defensive" Defender.

That's the thing.

If we didn't have the Robbo situation we wouldn't be picking up Sam or anyone. We've picked him for one reason and one reason only - backup. Robbo not playing is not an excuse to go out and take a punt on a kid who may or may not make it down the track.

Rowe might never even play a game in 2019 but he's there if needed. And at 31 years of age it's probably unlikely he'll get another year.

The depressing news out of today IS Robbo standing down.

It IS NOT Rowe signing on.

This will be my 47th consecutive year as a member and I'm yet to see a flag.

I've also never rooted a supermodel.

Life is tough and doesn't always pan out as we'd like it to.

Rooting super models is overrated. I got sick of it pretty quickly. A premiership, however........ I doubt I'd ever get sick of winning those.

That's the thing.

If we didn't have the Robbo situation we wouldn't be picking up Sam or anyone. We've picked him for one reason and one reason only - backup. Robbo not playing is not an excuse to go out and take a punt on a kid who may or may not make it down the track.

Rowe might never even play a game in 2019 but he's there if needed. And at 31 years of age it's probably unlikely he'll get another year.

The depressing news out of today IS Robbo standing down.

It IS NOT Rowe signing on.
Apparently we did have a look at Rowe earlier on in the pre-season.

So he was on our radar and guess that's why we were comfortable making the call so quickly.

Rooting super models is overrated. I got sick of it pretty quickly. A premiership, however........ I doubt I'd ever get sick of winning those.

If you have two or three at a time they can still be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me get back to you. Actually, I've never rooted a supermodel. I lied. What's it like, SaintsSeptember?
Just googled "supermodel" and have gone completely off the idea

111hw8j.jpg

How is he 'a proven AFL grade player' because he has previously played on AFL lists? There has been hundreds of players that should never have been playing AFL. St.Kilda have had there fair share.
There are numerous rookies and Mature Age Recruits that will be playing AFL this season that will allready be superior talents than Rowe.
I'm not sure how I've ended up debating the possible selection of an absolute potato like Rowe. It's like half the people in here don't watch football. Have you seen the bloke play? He is putrid.
Not sure what you are getting at with the Sunday comment but nice one champo.

How is he 'a proven AFL grade player' because he has previously played on AFL lists? There has been hundreds of players that should never have been playing AFL. St.Kilda have had there fair share.
There are numerous rookies and Mature Age Recruits that will be playing AFL this season that will allready be superior talents than Rowe.
I'm not sure how I've ended up debating the possible selection of an absolute potato like Rowe. It's like half the people in here don't watch football. Have you seen the bloke play? He is putrid.

They have until the deadline to pick a replacement rookie for Roberton.
Those criteria appear to be yours.
We have already taken several mature age recruits ahead of Rowe.

Just because you imagine the availability of someone more suitable for a 1 year stint at the Saints doesn't mean they exist.

He can at least play. He’s similar to Brown, just a solid mature experienced head in defence.
Should have taken Mitch Brown, then actually played Nathan in game one, but claimed it was his twin! #devious

I'm not sure its worth the effort but here goes.

AS to how is he "a proven AFL grade player - well Rowe did his ACl in 2017 came back in round 5 last year and then played 17 of the last 18 games of the 2018 AFL season for a total of 99 games of AFL.

As to the "numerous rookies and Mature Age Recruits that will be playing AFL that will allready be superior talents than Rowe." - what do you reckon we should drafted one of them instead of Rowe - hey hang on already "playing AFL" - want explain how we might manage that?

As to the "not sure what you are getting at with the Sunday comment" - dunno mate maybe it was in response to this - "I'll head down the GFL or BFL and watch a few praccy matches on the weekend and find a half dozen better than Rowe to if you would like."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back