Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Quality session today in some pretty hot and sweaty conditions, the boys worked their asses off for three hours plus in the sun.

Stuv looks like he has visited the gym almost as often as he has visited the barber since the end of the season. He is a star and will no doubt be fine but it's obvious as it is with Rice, Jake and a couple of others.

Billy is in the best shape of his life, first time that I've seen him in shape so early in preseason - I feel that he is absolutely ready to fulfil his potential this year. Just got to keep him away from the Xmas pudd and he has set himself up be a top 5 ruckman by seasons end.

Hanners just keeps on impressing me with his actions. Towards the end of the session Stuv and Hanners were chatting to coaches in the middle of the ground when the main group was doing some serious running drills. At the end of the drill on the other side of the oval the group called for the water. Hanners noticed this and was hurrying up the three trainers to bring out the drinks, one of the trainers was a little large to run the drinks over like the other two trainers were doing so Hanners ran to him, grabbed the drinks tray and ran it to the group on the other side of the oval, encouraging each of the boys who did the running. During the whole process Stuv didn't move. It's just a small thing, but it really stood out to me - I've never been so impressed by anyone at training as I have been with him. His skill work and training standards are exemplary, the way he is running, I'd be shocked if he isn't hitting 2016 form this year. I said it last week but he is seriously bringing these boys up to an elite level.

Parker and Young have me very excited, Hind looks like a skinny jockey, poor bloke needs a steak. Bytel is a beautiful size, we got a steal with him. King did some running and my god he just glides across the turf, kicking both feet and marking at the highest point, give him 12 and sit back and enjoy! He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him, will be a superstar I have little doubt.

The skills seem better this year than previous years in preseason, they are also doing a lot more work with their pinpoint kicking it feels.

JB, Blake, Hanners and Steele looked unstoppable today, I must admit though I was hiding in the shadows so I didn't get great views of many players at a distance.

Lewi was embarrassing in the running drills, I feel like his body can do it but it's all in his head. Wish he had the running ability because it really holds him back. The basketballer is a big unit, moves well and might become Billy's backup sooner than we think.

All of Marshall, Bruce, Paddy, Battle and Membrey look in in career best shape. The recruitment of King has no doubt put a rocket up these guys.

Spook looks in ripping shape, I'm not sure if he was crook but he was near on falling over from exhaustion by the end. I'm guessing he is getting the most out of himself, I'm choosing to think this rather than he is just unfit.

Giving DMac his due, he is a fitness machine, I am actually surprised by his progress.

It was so lovely seeing Roberton out there, he is like a new recruit out there and his contribution to our team is criminally underrated. A fit Longer, Roberton, Bruce and Hanners at there best are basically new A/B grade recruits. I find it hilarious how many outsider's don't recognise any of this when looking at our upcoming 2019 season.

Finally, Biggy looks a prospect, I reckon we will be getting a good one with him! Tall, smooth moving with big skills, he is a big boy for 16/17!

Much more of this, please.
Sounds terrific!

Quality session today in some pretty hot and sweaty conditions, the boys worked their asses off for three hours plus in the sun.

Stuv looks like he has visited the gym almost as often as he has visited the barber since the end of the season. He is a star and will no doubt be fine but it's obvious as it is with Rice, Jake and a couple of others.

Billy is in the best shape of his life, first time that I've seen him in shape so early in preseason - I feel that he is absolutely ready to fulfil his potential this year. Just got to keep him away from the Xmas pudd and he has set himself up be a top 5 ruckman by seasons end.

Hanners just keeps on impressing me with his actions. Towards the end of the session Stuv and Hanners were chatting to coaches in the middle of the ground when the main group was doing some serious running drills. At the end of the drill on the other side of the oval the group called for the water. Hanners noticed this and was hurrying up the three trainers to bring out the drinks, one of the trainers was a little large to run the drinks over like the other two trainers were doing so Hanners ran to him, grabbed the drinks tray and ran it to the group on the other side of the oval, encouraging each of the boys who did the running. During the whole process Stuv didn't move. It's just a small thing, but it really stood out to me - I've never been so impressed by anyone at training as I have been with him. His skill work and training standards are exemplary, the way he is running, I'd be shocked if he isn't hitting 2016 form this year. I said it last week but he is seriously bringing these boys up to an elite level.

Parker and Young have me very excited, Hind looks like a skinny jockey, poor bloke needs a steak. Bytel is a beautiful size, we got a steal with him. King did some running and my god he just glides across the turf, kicking both feet and marking at the highest point, give him 12 and sit back and enjoy! He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him, will be a superstar I have little doubt.

The skills seem better this year than previous years in preseason, they are also doing a lot more work with their pinpoint kicking it feels.

JB, Blake, Hanners and Steele looked unstoppable today, I must admit though I was hiding in the shadows so I didn't get great views of many players at a distance.

Lewi was embarrassing in the running drills, I feel like his body can do it but it's all in his head. Wish he had the running ability because it really holds him back. The basketballer is a big unit, moves well and might become Billy's backup sooner than we think.

All of Marshall, Bruce, Paddy, Battle and Membrey look in in career best shape. The recruitment of King has no doubt put a rocket up these guys.

Spook looks in ripping shape, I'm not sure if he was crook but he was near on falling over from exhaustion by the end. I'm guessing he is getting the most out of himself, I'm choosing to think this rather than he is just unfit.

Giving DMac his due, he is a fitness machine, I am actually surprised by his progress.

It was so lovely seeing Roberton out there, he is like a new recruit out there and his contribution to our team is criminally underrated. A fit Longer, Roberton, Bruce and Hanners at there best are basically new A/B grade recruits. I find it hilarious how many outsider's don't recognise any of this when looking at our upcoming 2019 season.

Finally, Biggy looks a prospect, I reckon we will be getting a good one with him! Tall, smooth moving with big skills, he is a big boy for 16/17!
Anything on Hunter and Coffield? Looking for these two to make a bigger impact next year.

Ready to make a stand?

2r2x85y.jpg
Gee, that's some low hanging fruit.

Anything on Hunter and Coffield? Looking for these two to make a bigger impact next year.
As I was typing I honestly was trying to think of players I wish I could write about and those two came to mind, but I didn't really take much notice of them or at least they didn't stand out. It's a shame because I am expecting big things from these two this year as well.

I find it fascinating that Coffield seems somewhat underrated by us all, his composure, pace and skills are something to behold as per early last season. I suppose it was his finish to his first year that has lessened everyones expectations but I still love him. I might focus on some of the other lesser names next session that I get to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent Post BJ.
Awesome for us Country Folks who cant get to watchTraining Sessions.
I gather u go trainings reguarly,certainly sounds as if we look stronger and fitter than past few season

As I was typing I honestly was trying to think of players I wish I could write about and those two came to mind, but I didn't really take much notice of them or at least they didn't stand out. It's a shame because I am expecting big things from these two this year as well.

I find it fascinating that Coffield seems somewhat underrated by us all, his composure, pace and skills are something to behold as per early last season. I suppose it was his finish to his first year that has lessened everyones expectations but I still love him. I might focus on some of the other lesser names next session that I get to.

I’m not underrating the C’s. They’re exactly one year in...
I’m prepared to give them at least another few months before calling for delisting :rolleyes:

Is Biggy training with us?

What do you get for your $37 pm, sammm?
Foxtel through telstra. Basic package plus all sport.

I have thought about moving to the $10pm from afl site. But my mum wants me to taoe the foxtel matches. So i carnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back