Training 2019 Preseason

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Rumours coming out that Perse’s Laundry Basket has been pegged for a spot in the leadership group. Can any ITK’s confirm?

its a setup, if they don't win round one, they'll hang him out to dry.

EDIT: Dohhh too slow

Rumours coming out that Perse’s Laundry Basket has been pegged for a spot in the leadership group. Can any ITK’s confirm?
Some people hanging shirt on him but Basket's presently impressing Richo by being very strong in the contest

2isxj80.jpg

Cripptonite

All Australian
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Was very surprised to hear the news about Sammy Rowe this morning, I'm absolutely rapt for the bloke. He is a great clubman and an absolute warrior that will always give his best. His strength is competing in one-on-one contests and has on many occasions nullified some of the best full forwards in the game. In saying that he does have his shortcomings and unfortunately they were magnified by playing in our backline over the last 5 years.

Shattered to hear about Roberton, the poor bloke just can't catch a break. He did the right thing by the club today despite short turnaround and what would have been an emotional rollercoaster, what a champ! Hope he gets can get himself right medically and return to the field over the next few years, although sometimes there are more important things than footy. Similar applies to Paddy McCartin who I hope gets a real injury-free run so he can show us his ability.

Your mob seem to be hit hard with the injury stick at the moment which sucks and I know how devastating it can feel as a supporter. I think I know the feeling with Docherty and a few other key players going down a fair bit over the last few years. Hang in there because the wheel will turn eventually and you have some good youth that will develop to cover the losses.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
To be fair, it was the Carlton B&F. My laundry basket could have been in their top 10.
Meh. All this Sam Rowe potting that’s going on & im over here going “well, we only won 4 games for the previous year, have Jarryn Geary as a captain & Cho as our coach...... still”

As you were..... ;)

Rowe isn't much good and if he plays it means heaps of injuries but there is no point in getting a kid. We don't have the player after the end of the year. You get them to hold down a spot straight away.

I think he was 8th in their B&F last year. He's always been a solid citizen.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think he was 8th in their B&F last year. He's always been a solid citizen.
I have no idea just how good (or bad) a player Sam Rowe is, to be honest.
Probably like a lot of people on here, most of the time I saw him was on highlights of someone kicking goals on him, and him shaking his head as he raised his hands to stand on the mark.
That may be because the Blues haven't been any good, or he was poorly matched...dunno. But I think it skews our opinions a bit.
I definitely remember some forwards kicking solid bags of goals on him though. Always felt sorry for the guy. Now I can feel extra sorry for him when it happens. Has he got a nickname, other than "laundry basket"?

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Probably like a lot of people on here, most of the time I saw him was on highlights of someone kicking goals on him, and him shaking his head as he raised his hands to stand on the mark.
That may be because the Blues haven't been any good, or he was poorly matched...dunno. But I think it skews our opinions a bit.
I definitely remember some forwards kicking solid bags of goals on him though. Always felt sorry for the guy. Now I can feel extra sorry for him when it happens. Has he got a nickname, other than "laundry basket"?
OmoRowe

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
New 22 for round 1:

Geary Joyce Webster
Battle Marsh Savage
Billings Ross Newnes
Kent Bruce Gresham
Parker Marshall Membrey
Pierce Steven Steele

Hind, Lonie, Long, Clark

Unlucky to miss out are Dunstan and Sinclair. McCartin, Acres and Hannebery are all out with injury.

St Kilda and proud.

Sorry to disappoint at training today .

Dunstan & Sinclair 2 of the more impressive today

Acres trained fully

Steven trained fully

Longer trained fully

Austin trained fully

Coffield impressive

White should be in team but unfortunately lost confidence in senior coach
( bloody obvious)

Very happy to get Marsh but looks underdone for mine , just got miles in the legs

Young also just ran laps

Wasted pick up Rowe watched him a lot .. has been ordinary for 3 years.

Should have picked talented young ruckman Luke Strnadica from Western
Australia .

Typical recruiting get some right some completely wrong

Sorry Libba

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure why players are losing it.

He won't play unless we have lots of injuries.

Worse case, he is a seasoned AFL player.

Emergency insurance only.
So White well aligned with majority of the supporter base then.

Still, silly move to make it obvious and get cut out of selection.

I have family members who follow the Blues, he's not that bad. I had a similar view of Nathan Brown..... Old school defender who plays role. He's not a superstar but he's a decent player.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs

Acres trained fully

Steven trained fully

Longer trained fully

Austin trained fully

Coffield impressive

( bloody obvious)

Very happy to get Marsh but looks underdone for mine , just got miles in the legs

Young also just ran laps

Australia .

Sorry Libba
Strnadica

Where’s Cicatriz/Defacto?

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
J
He's giving Richo bad attitude, or is Richo ignoring him? How obvious?

Maybe see the difference when he plays for Hawthorn next year.

No vendetta as been mentioned countless times coaches have their favourites been going on since end of time.

Seen Richo engage with Brandon a number of times , body language tells you a lot someone is talking
someone doesn’t believe in the program.

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City

Acres trained fully

Steven trained fully

Longer trained fully

Austin trained fully

Coffield impressive

( bloody obvious)

Young also just ran laps

Australia .

Sorry Libba

No need to apologise, that’s not a disappointment at all. Thrilled to learn that Acres, Steven and Longer all trained fully. I like Dunstan, I’d be happy for him to start round 1. Just wouldn’t know who would give way.

How about Hanners?

St Kilda and proud.

J

Maybe see the difference when he plays for Hawthorn next year.

No vendetta as been mentioned countless times coaches have their favourites been going on since end of time.

Seen Richo engage with Brandon a number of times , body language tells you a lot someone is talking
someone doesn’t believe in the program.

Richo seems to get very fixated on certain players and has others who can't get a game despite form. He seems more harsh than a lot of other coaches.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure why players are losing it.

He won't play unless we have lots of injuries.

Worse case, he is a seasoned AFL player.

Emergency insurance only.
[QUOTE="Rors, post: 59868954, member: 1182

Where’s Cicatriz/Defacto?[/QUOTE]

The other one would have was Mitch Hibberd who has got snapped up by Williamstown

Difference is he quick , young , can play in multiple positions.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
No need to apologise, that’s not a disappointment at all. Thrilled to learn that Acres, Steven and Longer all trained fully. I like Dunstan, I’d be happy for him to start round 1. Just wouldn’t know who would give way.

How about Hanners?

St Kilda and proud.

No Hannebery .

Back