Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Delaying the inevitable.

Two years out of the game.

A heart condition that couldn't be fixed in an entire year (2018), looks extremely unlikely that Roberton ever plays again.

PR stunt from the club IMO. Don't want to close the book on his career, but gee, I can't see a way back for him.
PR stunt - not fair on the club by saying that. the club is assisting him and themselves by going down this route.

So White well aligned with majority of the supporter base then.

Still, silly move to make it obvious and get cut out of selection.
White has been in the system now 3yrs , he is 22 and has only played 10 games , no reason the guy can't fill a place in the team - had a outstanding game last year against GWS where he a very good game.
Can play tall or small.

White has been in the system now 3yrs , he is 22 and has only played 10 games , no reason the guy can't fill a place in the team - had a outstanding game last year against GWS where he a very good game.
Can play tall or small.
Looked ok from what I saw of his games.

Can play tall or small.
Tell that to the dim witted coach

I don’t get the Brandon White-Richo thing. If he’s a good player and would benefit the team so what if he’s not the best trainer in the world. Maybe playing him and allowing him to prove himself in a game, may even motivate him to train better. Don’t know if or what a Richo has against him, but it’s almost like a parent-child relationship. Who is the adult in the relationship?

Sorry to disappoint at training today .

Dunstan & Sinclair 2 of the more impressive today

Acres trained fully

Steven trained fully

Longer trained fully

Austin trained fully

Coffield impressive

White should be in team but unfortunately lost confidence in senior coach
( bloody obvious)

Very happy to get Marsh but looks underdone for mine , just got miles in the legs

Young also just ran laps

Wasted pick up Rowe watched him a lot .. has been ordinary for 3 years.

Should have picked talented young ruckman Luke Strnadica from Western
Australia .

Typical recruiting get some right some completely wrong

Sorry Libba

but we don't need another ruck at the moment

I don’t get the Brandon White-Richo thing. If he’s a good player and would benefit the team so what if he’s not the best trainer in the world. Maybe playing him and allowing him to prove himself in a game, may even motivate him to train better. Don’t know if or what a Richo has against him, but it’s almost like a parent-child relationship. Who is the adult in the relationship?
I remember Richo and Whitey went to one of the finals games last year.

I got to know a player who thought Richo was deliberately punishing him by not playing him for no reason while other were first picked with poor form. Another poster DMed me saying his cousin played for us and had the same experience. Won't name names.

but we don't need another ruck at the moment

We certainly don’t need a lumbering slow tall backman.

As for Luke is Rowan Marshall type can play Ruck , Forward or Back .

Blokes I talked today at training mentioned Rowe could be backup ruck option so will leave that one with you.

I thought Richo was just the coach in name only this year?

You know, Ratten really in charge and calling the shots...

If so, then surely what Richo thinks has nothing to do with White not getting a game this year.

We certainly don’t need a lumbering slow tall backman.

As for Luke is Rowan Marshall type can play Ruck , Forward or Back .

Blokes I talked today at training mentioned Rowe could be backup ruck option so will leave that one with you.
Will be handy if needed , Sandy will be happy.

Anyway saw a article by Stevie j , picking his 5 teams to look for this year - Demons , Tigers , Magpies , Swans , GWS.
Amazing - he is working for the Swans as a coach
I will be totally surprised if we end up lower than the Swans

We are going to surprise a lot of teams - Steven back in full training today as well as Acres , Pierce , Austin.

Suns will be in for punishment and hopefully that carries over and we physically hurt the Bombers then show the Dockers they are still rubble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be handy if needed , Sandy will be happy.

Anyway saw a article by Stevie j , picking his 5 teams to look for this year - Demons , Tigers , Magpies , Swans , GWS.
Amazing - he is working for the Swans as a coach
I will be totally surprised if we end up lower than the Swans

We are going to surprise a lot of teams - Steven back in full training today as well as Acres , Pierce , Austin.

Suns will be in for punishment and hopefully that carries over and we physically hurt the Bombers then show the Dockers they are still rubble.

Bombers way overrated at this stage Daniher been told today won’t probably play till round 6.

If we can get 4 points round 1 confidence will grow.

If so, then surely what Richo thinks has nothing to do with White not getting a game this year.

Richo is a campaigner and all good things he does are Ratten ideas. End of story, debate over.

Bombers way overrated at this stage Daniher been told today won’t probably play till round 6.

If we can get 4 points round 1 confidence will grow.
66 I really feel we can get off to a good start , the game against the injectors will be the game that can really propel us forward - we beat them and I'm flying to Perth for the Dockers game.

66 I really feel we can get off to a good start , the game against the injectors will be the game that can really propel us forward - we beat them and I'm flying to Perth for the Dockers game.

Please be right Premo.

Richo is a campaigner and all good things he does are Ratten ideas. End of story, debate over.
Its the best thing that could of happened for Richo , if he plans to do something stupid Ratten and Lade will openly put sh// on him - mates can do that.
He now has the support he needs , we all know he is a good bloke , but after the whipping last year where is was lucky to keep his job , I feel just the injection of the coaches will push us towards finals.

McCartin - Roberton hardly played at all last season , so really to me its no big deal
Carlisle - great intercept marker , but our game plan could also improve with him out of the team - why ? faster movement of the ball.

We now have basically the same team as last year , but we have a fit Bruce and hungry half forwards back in the team - Long , Kent and we get a fit Acres and our team is vastly improved compared to last year.

That's 4 good players and a tap ruckman in Pierce who actually can ruck , as well the new rules will help us.

a big year coming or at least better than the 4 games won last year.

I think Austin is a bit of a forgotten man . He’s trained almost a full pre season so is fit , knows our system and looked promising last year so I’d definitely throw him in the mix over Marsh . With brown back the following week it’s between Joyce and Austin after that .
0DyUYGD_CpmcgCem5h9v-M8d6XKuBxrwHA94OEtSuKrx7VAULGk6m56IekWYLnyjviykPCXBzRp-y0ZSpAZctUkWx3MOfYAcZdhVJMy0Sa6VdYgNJumT4mgljnU0VZA8JphohvWFeTo7VAChfZrZhn0=w498-h239-nc

Does

Not

Fit

Narrative

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its the best thing that could of happened for Richo , if he plans to do something stupid Ratten and Lade will openly put sh// on him - mates can do that.
He now has the support he needs , we all know he is a good bloke , but after the whipping last year where is was lucky to keep his job , I feel just the injection of the coaches will push us towards finals.

McCartin - Roberton hardly played at all last season , so really to me its no big deal
Carlisle - great intercept marker , but our game plan could also improve with him out of the team - why ? faster movement of the ball.

We now have basically the same team as last year , but we have a fit Bruce and hungry half forwards back in the team - Long , Kent and we get a fit Acres and our team is vastly improved compared to last year.

That's 4 good players and a tap ruckman in Pierce who actually can ruck , as well the new rules will help us.

a big year coming or at least better than the 4 games won last year.

I am going to hold fire on any further predictions for the year and just see how we go against GCS firstly. I dont think we can under estimate how destabilising something like this week can be for a young vunerable group.

I am going to hold fire on any further predictions for the year and just see how we go against GCS firstly. I dont think we can under estimate how destabilising something like this week can be for a young vunerable group.

...or how galvanising for a maturing group that has vowed to redeem themselves for last season and appear ready to take up the challenge...

Last edited:
I'll be disappointed if this happens to be a reason or the reason for another horrendous season. I want to at least see some heart and effort each week, otherwise all this redemption and stuff they talk about is meaningless, its tough, losing some of your best players to injuries and stuff, and then face the fact two loved players might have to retire before the season even starts, but this is the sort of stuff that makes and breaks a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back