Training - 2019 preseason | Page 10 | BigFooty

Training 2019 preseason

Discussion in 'Western Bulldogs' started by Lindsay_Gilbee, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Charlie Bucket

Charlie Bucket All Australian

Western Bulldogs
    Young is looking a lot bigger in the vids and photos.
    Size and strength was probably the thing he lacked last season but looking at him now this could be the year he finds a spot down back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. goodcop badcop

goodcop badcop Club Legend

Western Bulldogs
    Next year.

Getting in the gym over the off seasons seems like it was a focus. Dale, English, Lipinski and Young in particular look noticeably bigger.

Dry Rot and doggies ftw like this.
  3. LovevShaqBB13

LovevShaqBB13 Rookie

Western Bulldogs
    Saw Boyd in person tonight looking noticeably thinner hopefully not just to relieve the stress he had (in his back) and to get him a bit more mobile for a forward role

4. grassman75

grassman75 Premium Platinum

Western Bulldogs
    Heard a few people saying at the SC party tonight that Young was training with the forwards?

Both him and Lippi have definitely put on some size. Schache looking great too (he is a top kid as well). We have some ripping kids on our list now

jaxie1, perro_loco, Tommycash and 4 others like this.
  5. Testekill

Testekill Don't look at me like that

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
    Reckon that's probably the case, dropping muscle mass is one of the easiest ways to fix up a back injury.

6. doggies ftw

doggies ftw Brownlow Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Sounds like Young and Ed training with the forwards and William's with the mids. So while we think weve got an overabundance of half backs, two of the main guys everyone has in there teams look set to play elsewhere.

I'm so excited to see Bailey William's in the midfield. Big call but I can see him being our third best mid behind Bont and Macrae. Hes exactly what were crying out for in there. Big, hard at it, quick, elite through traffic and a brilliant kick. If he starts getting the ball 25+ times a game and breaking lines through the midfield watch the **** out. He only turned 21 last month!

I like Ed up forward too, he knows where the goals are and is super reliable at taking his opportunities. Hopefully plays high and rotates through the wings because I love his run up the ground, but we also need some of that pace going inside 50 that we lack and you want the ball in his hands going inside 50 too always makes good decisions. So that's a pretty exciting move for our forward line IMO.

Young I'm not sure on, I really really like him down back and theres the perfect spot for him opening up soon. But we obviously need a 2nd kpf too and if the club thinks hes capable of playing that role then it's a no brainer.

7. Virgin Dog

Virgin Dog Team Captain

Western Bulldogs
    I like the idea of Ed on a wing, not sure how suited to the forward line he really is, but I guess the coaches would know far better than any of us.

I believe Young played a decent amount of juniors/U18s as a forward, and has also played up there at VFL level, so this move doesn't surprise me. Does make me think that Boyd may be less likely to be featuring as a full forward this year though, and it may also mean that our key defensive stocks are getting a little thin. We have Naughton and Cordy as our main spine, but with Morris likely retiring soon, Roberts out of favour, Trengove playing more in the ruck, Roughead being traded, Adams being traded, plus Collins and NMM being delisted, we've suddenly gone from an over-abundance of KPD's to being noticeably short of them

8. VitalDread

VitalDread The Unofficial Face of Bigfooty Bulldogs

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Chicago Bulls
    Training with us Western Bulldogs: Jack Bell, Hugo Ralph-Smith, Josh Worrell, Darcy Cassar 2019 group

9. Northernsoul74

Northernsoul74 Club Legend

Western Bulldogs
    Has this Young and Red training with the forwards been confirmed? Wasn’t sure if it’s info from last nights event or people putting two and two together.

10. Virgin Dog

Virgin Dog Team Captain

Western Bulldogs
    Oh, I assumed the comment I replied to was the guy confirming he saw them training with forwards. I actually don't know myself, I don't live in Victoria so never get the chance to attend any of these events

11. doggies ftw

Western Bulldogs
    I think he'd still be mostly high half forward/wing but the kid just seems to find himself in good spots to kick goals and rarely misses. I dont see why he couldnt kick 25+ in a HFF/Wing role as soon as next year to be honest.

I've liked what I've seen from Young forward too but like you said our defensive stocks are getting short and I really see a A grade defender in him in a couple of years so I'm a bit wary of moving him. Also I want to see Boyd at full forward in a perfect world but even if it's not Boyd youd think either Trengove or English will be there with Schache the lock so not sure theres really a spot open for Young their either. So if hes still waiting for a spot either way I'd just be developing him down back where he will slot directly into Moz's spot next year.

Northernsoul74 and Virgin Dog like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. doggies ftw

Western Bulldogs
    From someone on Woof. William's with the mids has been mentioned a few times now and is pretty obvious anyway so I'd say that's a lock. Whereas the other two may just have been doing a drill with the forward group I dunno but it makes a lot of sense too. Been thinking Red was going to move forward all off season considering our investment in more half backs. Knowing Bev I'd say a lot of our flankers are training in both forward and defensive drills.

Northernsoul74 likes this.
  13. VitalDread

VitalDread The Unofficial Face of Bigfooty Bulldogs

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Chicago Bulls
    Williams as a midfield is his best position imo, his ability to step through traffic is elite

14. Northernsoul74

Northernsoul74 Club Legend

Western Bulldogs
    Makes sense, I’d also like to see Ed on a wing.

JJHunter and doggies ftw like this.
  15. ossie_21

ossie_21 Norm Smith Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Everton
    Jack Bell: 200cm, 73kg, ruckman presumably?
    Hugo Ralphsmith: 186cm, 70kg, mid/wing?
    Darcy Cassar: 183cm, 75kg, mid/forward?
    Josh Worrell: 195cm, 74kg, KPP?

hatescaptcha likes this.
  16. Browny123

Browny123 Rookie

Western Bulldogs
    Anyone know Mitch O’Neill for next years draft

17. RedWhite&Blue

RedWhite&Blue Club Legend

Western Bulldogs
    Macrae getting stuck into him while he's in the foetal position is gold.

Iamspock and Tommycash like this.
  18. Bodicifer

Bodicifer Brownlow Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Hopefully none of our guys are 'training the house down' :D

19. Dogs_R_Us

Dogs_R_Us Brownlow Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Who was it that picked him up?

20. Pugz89

Pugz89 Norm Smith Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    I reckon it was Callum Porter, workmate reckons it was Will Hayes.

Dogs_R_Us likes this.
  21. Sentinel

Sentinel Club Legend

Western Bulldogs
    Definitely Porter.

Dogs_R_Us likes this.
  22. gordo2016

gordo2016 Club Legend

Western Bulldogs
    Training Thursday 6th December.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 8:55 PM
  23. Whoyagot

Whoyagot Debutant

Western Bulldogs
    Bailey Williams looks ******* huge! I swear he must have grown 3 inches since we drafted him.

24. House_of_Dahl

House_of_Dahl Premiership Player

Western Bulldogs
    Our ability to be/play physical is really going to step up a notch from last season.

unclechopchop2 and ossie_21 like this.
  25. ossie_21

ossie_21 Norm Smith Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Everton
    I’m looking forward to Libba being able to get in the face of the opposition again. He’s not that big, but he’s as tough as they come & to be honest, he’d probably be scary out on the field