Training 2019 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyd's a huge concern IMO no inside word just applying the smell test.

Great news for Webb really glad for him, hope all is behind him now.

No need to make something out of nothing. Spoke to Chris Grant today. Boyd is still having low level pain and will be back in the footy program once that settles down. He has been in the gym and running, so his transition will be swift once his back responds.

No need to make something out of nothing. Spoke to Chris Grant today. Boyd is still having low level pain and will be back in the footy program once that settles down. He has been in the gym and running, so his transition will be swift once his back responds.

Hope you are correct but they are waiting for his back to settle down and have been waiting since his season 2018 was finished.

Boyd can't afford to miss large chunks of pre season and a return to the full program is still up in the air

Hope you are correct but they are waiting for his back to settle down and have been waiting since his season 2018 was finished.

Boyd can't afford to miss large chunks of pre season and a return to the full program is still up in the air

He is on a modified program. Fitness and strength work being done, but ball work to come. He'll be back soon...

Without knowing any details and going by my own experiences, how can a back settle down when your running? I mean your pounding and compressing the spine when you run and as this issue has been lingering for a while it sounds like a disc problem. They don't go away quickly, hopefully just something else

Without knowing any details and going by my own experiences, how can a back settle down when your running? I mean your pounding and compressing the spine when you run and as this issue has been lingering for a while it sounds like a disc problem. They don't go away quickly, hopefully just something else
I think it’s a metaphor
He needs to harden the fu

Hey Doggies fans, just wondering how Will Hayes has been tracking through his first AFL preseason. I've been keeping my eye on him for a few seasons and was really stoked you guys picked him up.

Recon he could be a great outside player at the senior level.

My source at the club says - Picko still getting headaches and fears extremely bad news coming, Boyd’s back is really bad and not responding to treatment at the moment and need to look at other treatments.Has had it since his early teens.Webb has had good news about the neck but along way to go before he can play!

Your source was very different in their views to Chris Grant, who I am happy to name. Chris spoke to me just yesterday and is a straight shooter. He said Picko is tracking well despite not yet given the green light to enter the contact drills. No bad news on the horizon, just a conservative and respectful approach with no risk taking. Picko will be ready when he is ready, and has done all the fitness and diligent rehab to step straight into the contact drills, which will hopefully expedite his transition back to playing.

You are right that Boyd's back has been slow in it's response to treatment. Granty was not at all concerned when I challenged him on this and says that Boydy is working hard and that they will evaluate progress at the camp this week. I expect his return to training to be announced soon, but no doubt a delayed start.

Will Bailey Smith be ready to go Round 1?
From the small amounts I've been able to gather, it doesn't sound like it. West is the more likely debutant, unless Smith makes enormous progress over the upcoming camp. He's too late to be joining the full training by the sounds of it. Plus our injury list isn't looking quite so bad, outside of speculation about players carrying over injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Doggies fans, just wondering how Will Hayes has been tracking through his first AFL preseason. I've been keeping my eye on him for a few seasons and was really stoked you guys picked him up.

Haven't seen much at all, but he's already been pretty involved with the club during training before he was drafted. Personally wouldn't mind hearing anything from those who have attended open training to get their thoughts

Another question for those who attended open training: How’s Dickson looking? Jury’s out on whether he’s still got the fitness to play consistently at the elite level with soft tissue injuries the last few years. Has he been training with the main group?

Haven't seen much at all, but he's already been pretty involved with the club during training before he was drafted. Personally wouldn't mind hearing anything from those who have attended open training to get their thoughts
Article from Foxsports today, they reckon Hayes is likely to debut early
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ev...e/news-story/c8373d555910e6dd94ffa1432f467bd9

Cheers. How are you guys for outside runners anyway?

Actually not too badly. Hunter was posting great stats last year on a wing and Richards is likely to be our other wing. Dunkley is also going to play more as our extractor which has the knock on effect of Bontempelli being able to play slightly more outside.

Cheers. How are you guys for outside runners anyway?
Pretty decent. Hunter is one of the best wings in the competition (ranked #1 by Champion Data) and has an insane tank. Richards is developing really nicely, then we have JJ who moves from back flank, to wing, to forward flank. Just picked up Laitham Vandermeer who is, by all reports, extremely quick (similar to JJ). Then we have the usual suspects like Bont and Macrae who could play a more outside role with Dunkley getting better and Libba returning, plus Rhylee West being added to the mix

What's the rationale for a training camp in SE Qld? January is about the worst month to be up there because of the humidity ... or is that the point? Maybe get rid of a bit of Christmas pud?

I'd hate running around at training in those conditions.
Essendon do there pre season up there to coincide with schoolies.

Pretty decent. Hunter is one of the best wings in the competition (ranked #1 by Champion Data) and has an insane tank. Richards is developing really nicely, then we have JJ who moves from back flank, to wing, to forward flank. Just picked up Laitham Vandermeer who is, by all reports, extremely quick (similar to JJ). Then we have the usual suspects like Bont and Macrae who could play a more outside role with Dunkley getting better and Libba returning, plus Rhylee West being added to the mix

and you are forgetting Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back