Preview 2019 Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies, 7:50pm Friday

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. And no excuses, apart from Guthrie, who I believe is a key player in our lineup.

Ive been a Guthrie supporter and wanted him in the team - however against Carlton he was poor - very poor - 2 kicks for the game !! . I know it was only Carlton - but i liked how Geel played that day ( with an eye to the finals ) and Guthrie didnt do a thing

If we were going to rotate one of our small forwards through the midfield I would have thought Dahlhaus was a good chance to be that guy.

What I like about that thought exercise is even without Menacegola or Guth in the team we still have so many different options. Good position to be in, imo.

Look, who knows but going back to the old faces that have failed finals pressure was an uncomfortable idea. I like the boldness even if it comes to nought. Terry Wallace said today that Coll are “...simply a better team....” before saying that he thinks geel might win as they’ve got ‘...at the right time...’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ive been a Guthrie supporter and wanted him in the team - however against Carlton he was poor - very poor - 2 kicks for the game !! . I know it was only Carlton - but i liked how Geel played that day ( with an eye to the finals ) and Guthrie didnt do a thing
Calf was probably injured that game, and he still did useful things. I was at the game and did not think he was a passenger

why ? It on Gem sometimes isnt it just press 92 or 93 or whatever it is... ..
Gem is fine when I'm on straight tv, but can't access it on Foxtel.

In terms of the secondary channels, directly through Foxtel I can access Mate, Go & Peach

It's just annoying, but sometimes I'll sit with both remotes, turn down the volume on the tv & switch between shows

He hasn't been a high possession winner majority of this season, so thinking that's not a main instruction point from the MC. He still had a positive impact last game with 6 clearances & 7 tackles.

He's ranked 2nd at the club for tackles, top 4 at the club for average clearances & one of only 5 players averaging over 1 centre clearance per game - he may be missed in some of those areas

In terms of the secondary channels, directly through Foxtel I can access Mate, Go & Peach

It's just annoying, but sometimes I'll sit with both remotes, turn down the volume on the tv & switch between shows

This is me because Foxtel talked us into changing our subscription, then no GEM.
But peace reigns when I watch GEM cricket on a full PC.

By that same token, why make any unnecessary changes from the team that won in round 23.

Guthrie out injured obviously means a change, but why then omit Henderson to bring back Kolo from injury?

Because Hendo is not finals reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't been a high possession winner majority of this season, so thinking that's not a main instruction point from the MC. He still had a positive impact last game with 6 clearances & 7 tackles.

He's ranked 2nd at the club for tackles, top 4 at the club for average clearances & one of only 5 players averaging over 1 centre clearance per game - he may be missed in some of those areas

If you want my honest opinion on Cam Guthrie - and like i say ive been a supporter of his

However at present he reminds me of a rugby league 2nd rower - he gets the ball - hes got about 2-3 blokes hanging onto him - he stands upright in the tackle - and trys to advance 2-3 metres - thats about it

Theres none of that line breaking - creativity type of play - that has evaporated - gone from his game

I have fox as well. Maybe I have it setup different not sure. I have a TV button and an AV button ..On the TV its on the cricket ..I press the AV button which takes me back to fox .. so its no real issue to me... in fact easier than changing channels using the foxtel remote.

I have fox as well. Maybe I have it setup different not sure. I have a TV button and an AV button ..On the TV its on the cricket ..I press the AV button which takes me back to fox .. so its no real issue to me... in fact easier than changing channels using the foxtel remote.
I'll have a play with the Foxtel remote, I never bothered to read any instructions - so probably something I can do also then

I posted earlier in the week - that i wanted Guthrie moved out of the midfield - onto a half back flank - so Mark Blicavs could go into that midfield and give that midfield alot more drive . Now Guthrie is out injured - someone has to go into that midfield - and i hope it is Blicavs

There is a precedent for this - Round 6 2015 - Geel 15-10 defeated Collingwood 8-11 . That night Mark Blicavs played as a bona fide midfielder - directly opposed to Scott Pendlebury . He got 27 possessions and was awarded 2 Brownlow Medal votes

Your opinion about who can win the premiership is in no sense the truth.

Seven teams still alive, all a chance. Ours far from the worst still in it.
Very true. That's why you select Pies by a lot?
Let's revisit in 24 hours.
Hope we are all relieved

So who goes to Pendles with Guthrie out?

Pendlebury is by far the player I'm most worried about tomorrow night. More so even than Grundy.
His 300th doesn't hurt their chances at all.
If it was our player, we tend to get up even more in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back