Preview 2019 Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies, 7:50pm Friday

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been a Guthrie supporter and wanted him in the team - however against Carlton he was poor - very poor - 2 kicks for the game !! . I know it was only Carlton - but i liked how Geel played that day ( with an eye to the finals ) and Guthrie didnt do a thing
Maybe he was carrying that calf last week and playing as an extractor so he didn't have to run as hard on it. 9 contested possessions for 10 handballs sounds are stats you'd expect from a solid quarter from Chook

I just checked the first of your total 6 posts "I joined this website to say this one thing: GET RID OF CAMERON GUTHRIE AND MENEGOLA."

If you have nothing positive to bring to the conversation then you are just a whiner. Is that you Patrick?

He said Geelong wins. That's positive. Nothing wrong with talking about Guthrie here either as he's one of the outs.

If a tall is left out we should bring in someone to tag Pendles, his composure in pressure situations is excellent and he sets them up so stopping him goes a long way to winning.
What makes you think they have left someone out that they believe could do such a thing and more importantly why.

So over 90,000 expected... good luck with the KP claim now.... Smary Eddies is smiling and saying told yo so ...

Geelong Cats 2019: Eddie McGuire has his say over Geelong’s home final push
Eddie McGuire has his say on the issue that began as the elephant in the room and has since grown to become one of the major talking points within the AFL industry.

“It would be counter-productive to go to a ground that can’t fit people in … I mean 95,000 people. People have to take into account what that means for the AFL and the competition as a whole,” McGuire said.

“It means your TV rights are through the roof and you have a genuine blockbuster game, and in the near future we might have to be doing deals with Netflix or Amazon or Facebook — not just organisations that understand football like Channel 7 and Foxtel — but they want to see big figures.

“The whole idea of Collingwood and other Melbourne clubs giving up their home grounds was to be able to build a fantastic facility at the MCG which would then lead to all of the fortune and the strength of the competition.

“So the MCG is a neutral ground for everybody, everyone plays there, everyone plays home games there, and we might play there more often than we play anywhere else but we play against Melbourne, Richmond, Geelong, Carlton and Essendon who all have home games there, and even non-Victorian clubs play there.”

Collingwood has not played for premiership points in Geelong this century, despite repeated requests from the Cats to have the Magpies play at GMHBA Stadium, and the past 23 games between the two teams have been held at the MCG.

McGuire said he could not see that changing anytime soon and suggested Chris Scott’s men were better off playing games in Melbourne if the AFL was to continue scheduling its finals matches there.

“Geelong has got a really good model where they play home games against clubs that suit the GMHBA model and then they play the big games against the big teams at the MCG and it works well for everybody,” he said.

Nothing like having a home game 75KM from home .. meanwhile they walk to the game...

The roads ara mess...no extra trains .... and Eddie is just giving us Dobbie Brothers ..

Its not fair... Listen to the music 95,000

75km ... Listen to the Music

But but but .... listen to the music

Gees I hope we beat them....

Most likely the majority here now.

Correct.

All the Talk about Tagging Pendles why not put Parfitt on him and see how the young man goes..

Couldn't be any worse than Guthrie, who gets beaten by his opponent every single week. Unable to curb influence, unable to be physical / put opponent off their game, unable to hurt opponent going the other way with any consistency (often sub 15 touches, ultra low meters gained). Why not?

Selwood and Parfitt are going to have to play an unselfish game, blocking for Danger and Kelly and being the defensive mids. Danger, Ablett and Kelly are the game breakers.

Narkle and Parfitt will be fine if instructed to take first option. They won’t break tackles tonight like against Carlton. They are both very clean. Excited to see Parfitt in midfield more. He is such a key player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big night is here. Get ya kickin' boots on.

Rain coat. Check.
Anchor. Check.
Confidence. Check.

Cloudy. Patchy fog early this morning. Very high (95%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm from late this morning. Possible hail in the late morning and afternoon. Winds westerly 25 to 40 km/h increasing to 35 to 45 km/h in the late evening.

So over 90,000 expected... good luck with the KP claim now.... Smary Eddies is smiling and saying told yo so ...

Geelong Cats 2019: Eddie McGuire has his say over Geelong’s home final push
Eddie McGuire has his say on the issue that began as the elephant in the room and has since grown to become one of the major talking points within the AFL industry.

“It would be counter-productive to go to a ground that can’t fit people in … I mean 95,000 people. People have to take into account what that means for the AFL and the competition as a whole,” McGuire said.

“It means your TV rights are through the roof and you have a genuine blockbuster game, and in the near future we might have to be doing deals with Netflix or Amazon or Facebook — not just organisations that understand football like Channel 7 and Foxtel — but they want to see big figures.

“The whole idea of Collingwood and other Melbourne clubs giving up their home grounds was to be able to build a fantastic facility at the MCG which would then lead to all of the fortune and the strength of the competition.

“So the MCG is a neutral ground for everybody, everyone plays there, everyone plays home games there, and we might play there more often than we play anywhere else but we play against Melbourne, Richmond, Geelong, Carlton and Essendon who all have home games there, and even non-Victorian clubs play there.”

Collingwood has not played for premiership points in Geelong this century, despite repeated requests from the Cats to have the Magpies play at GMHBA Stadium, and the past 23 games between the two teams have been held at the MCG.

McGuire said he could not see that changing anytime soon and suggested Chris Scott’s men were better off playing games in Melbourne if the AFL was to continue scheduling its finals matches there.

“Geelong has got a really good model where they play home games against clubs that suit the GMHBA model and then they play the big games against the big teams at the MCG and it works well for everybody,” he said.

Nothing like having a home game 75KM from home .. meanwhile they walk to the game...

The roads ara mess...no extra trains .... and Eddie is just giving us Dobbie Brothers ..

Its not fair... Listen to the music 95,000

75km ... Listen to the Music

But but but .... listen to the music

Gees I hope we beat them....

Maybe you could get every AFL player to take a substantial pay cut so you could play every home game in Geelong, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Or

Ask thousands of Cats supporters to miss out on going to the game because of limited seating.

RESTED RESTED ??? what is he made of rice paper... too wet ??? The clubs has to get fair dinkum about this role... messing around with blitz is not ideal
This is not a crazy out of nowhere concept. We are playing the comp's #1 ruck in reportedly appalling conditions tonight. Last time this happened, CS made the change. I like Stanley, but he or Taylor could be redundant tonight .

Maybe you could get every AFL player to take a substantial pay cut so you could play every home game in Geelong, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Or

Ask thousands of Cats supporters to miss out on going to the game because of limited seating.
piss off dickhead

Or

You appear to be lost. Move along.

Hawk said we get up for them, but losing to the D's in Geelong for Boris was a shocker. Rarely leave a game before the end, but we did that day. Wasted 3-4 hours drive. Exceptional loss that day in many ways.

And then Mark Fine heaping it onto us post match added to a terrific night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All the Talk about Tagging Pendles why not put Parfitt on him and see how the young man goes..
He is an excellent tackler and can never be a bad thing lining up on someone like Pendles for learning

And he’s composed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back