Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JLT v2.0

Sicily back to Laird. Whitfield down to Brodie. Bont back to Yeo. Gresham up to Killings. Kreuzer across to Westhoff.

Untitledd.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 6.22.23 AM.png

Definitely swayed to some degree by JLT.
Mainly the style of play - intercept markers ie. Siciliy - you're out.
Backline freaks me out.. can just see the 80's rolling in week after week but oh well. Apart from Laird and Whitfield, not entirely sold on the other higher priced premos and don't think there is a lot of rookie defenders?

View attachment 628320

Definitely swayed to some degree by JLT.
Mainly the style of play - intercept markers ie. Siciliy - you're out.
Backline freaks me out.. can just see the 80's rolling in week after week but oh well. Apart from Laird and Whitfield, not entirely sold on the other higher priced premos and don't think there is a lot of rookie defenders?

Clark
Cats
Rookie defender

Put him in now

Drunk me is an arsehole. Woke up this morning and Billings is in the forward line.

tenor.gif

Pick the 4 you would rather have.

Jake Lloyd
Rookie mid with 5 premo mids
Toby Greene
Isaac Rankine

Or

Brodie Smith
Jack Macrae giving me 6 premo mids
Cheap Rookie FWD
Cheap Rookie FWD

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Option 2 every day of the week, if Setterfield and Cavarra are your forward rookies. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todays version

Screenshot_20190303-112555_SuperCoach.jpg

Andrews, Neale, Dunkley, Nank and Worpel are the main spots I'm switching. I want JOM but it makes more sense to have Crouch at M5 for 90k less and he hasnt proven to be a high enough scorer yet to put at M4.

Agreed, I'd be taking Ross ahead of Steele.

I don't see the improvement possibility in Ross. He already averages 30+ disposals as a decidedly uncontested midfielder who doesn't do much around the ground after 102 games. I think he complements the Saints midfield well (when all fit) but really can't see how he averages much more than 102 without a random increase in goals, contested possessions, or tackles. At 30 disposals a game he is already a high ball winner but there's not much room for improvement there.

Steele is nearly 3 years younger with 40 less games. He doesn't kick many goals, or get involved deep in play at either end aa well but he is a Supercoach-suited style midfielder (high DE, high CP:UP ratio, good tackler). The thing holding him back was his raw stats - such as a low to mid 20s disposal number. When his role was changed late in the year - his numbers went up and at a very sustainable rate (27 dis, 0.5 goals, 7 tackles) along with an increase in TOG% (of his 12 highest TOG% for the year, 8 came after the bye).

Ross`s best runs of scoring have come with what are in my opinion for him unsustainable (over a season) raw stats (i.e. averaging over 35 disposals for 6 weeks) and often scores less than 110 with 30+ disposals anyway.

I am not sold on Steele yet, he has been my M5 for quite some time but with 100k already in the bank I`m looking out on a possible D1/F4 downgrade if Oliver looks fit ahead of round 1 (swapping Steele for Oliver) but basically: there's only a 5 point difference in their best seasonal averages, and Ross has the best run of form (125 over the last 6 in 2018), but Steele is younger, less experienced, doesn't rely on huge disposal numbers, has more sustainable stats for his period of best form (the 8 weeks after the bye), and his increased scores are correlated with an increase in TOG - which I can't see a reason to decrease.

Essentially to be a keeper Ross has to be the new Tom Mitchell. Steele has to be a good solid inside mid.

I don't see the improvement possibility in Ross. He already averages 30+ disposals as a decidedly uncontested midfielder who doesn't do much around the ground after 102 games. I think he complements the Saints midfield well (when all fit) but really can't see how he averages much more than 102 without a random increase in goals, contested possessions, or tackles. At 30 disposals a game he is already a high ball winner but there's not much room for improvement there.

Steele is nearly 3 years younger with 40 less games. He doesn't kick many goals, or get involved deep in play at either end aa well but he is a Supercoach-suited style midfielder (high DE, high CP:UP ratio, good tackler). The thing holding him back was his raw stats - such as a low to mid 20s disposal number. When his role was changed late in the year - his numbers went up and at a very sustainable rate (27 dis, 0.5 goals, 7 tackles) along with an increase in TOG% (of his 12 highest TOG% for the year, 8 came after the bye).

Ross`s best runs of scoring have come with what are in my opinion for him unsustainable (over a season) raw stats (i.e. averaging over 35 disposals for 6 weeks) and often scores less than 110 with 30+ disposals anyway.

I am not sold on Steele yet, he has been my M5 for quite some time but with 100k already in the bank I`m looking out on a possible D1/F4 downgrade if Oliver looks fit ahead of round 1 (swapping Steele for Oliver) but basically: there's only a 5 point difference in their best seasonal averages, and Ross has the best run of form (125 over the last 6 in 2018), but Steele is younger, less experienced, doesn't rely on huge disposal numbers, has more sustainable stats for his period of best form (the 8 weeks after the bye), and his increased scores are correlated with an increase in TOG - which I can't see a reason to decrease.

Essentially to be a keeper Ross has to be the new Tom Mitchell. Steele has to be a good solid inside mid.
Fair points. FWIW I dont like either.

after yesterdays shenanigans. All this will change so its just based on what we have seen so far.

Backline. All preseason I had whitfield locked as my D1 but wasnt too impressed yesterday so switch him over to laird.
But I found if that I downgraded him to mills I can really bolster my fwd since the rookies there look like a pile of s**t Drew and Setterfield aside.
If there is any position where mid pricers genuinely present the most value this year it appears to be in the backline since in the very small sample size McMillian and Shaw were the only ones to go huge so far. Taken out Duursma and McKay just to see if Collins, Quaynor, Hore score better. Mckay looks a decent option for D8 though with his JS.

Mids. Yet to see most of the mid premos im interested in apart from Matt Crouch. He did what was expected so he stays. He is a safe pick to go about 110 and score you 100 just about every week. I think there is a ceiling there however with this low TOG and preference to handball. Beams on the watchlist as a replacement or if Im looking for cash to free up cash his brother. Rookies mids were on fire. Walsh Butters Constable Hately all scored very well. So replaced hind and gibbons with the more expensive ones. This is likely to reverse next week for at least 1 of them.

Rucks for stays for now even fort. If he doesnt play might trade him to a loop option.

fwds- loading up here to avoid fielding there rookies. Drew was good enough to be on field yesterday but had low TOG which I suspect will be mostly the case all year and the parker was the only other fwd rookies to show something. The rest couldnt crack 50.

Capture.JPG

This will change another 50 times today.

Last edited:
after yesterdays shenanigans. All this will change so its just based on what we have seen so far.

Backline. All preseason I had whitfield locked as my D1 but wasnt too impressed yesterday so switch him over to laird.
But I found if that I downgraded him to mills I can really bolster my fwd since the rookies there look like a pile of s**t Drew and Setterfield aside.
If there is any position where mid pricers genuinely present the most value this year it appears to be in the backline since in the very small sample size McMillian and Shaw were the only ones to go huge so far. Taken out Duursma and McKay just to see if Collins, Quaynor, Hore score better. Mckay looks a decent option for D8 though with his JS.

Mids. Yet to see most of the mid premos im interested in apart from Matt Crouch. He did what was expected so he stays. He is a safe pick to go about 110 and score you 100 just about every week. I think there is a ceiling there however with this low TOG and preference to handball. Beams on the watchlist as a replacement or if Im looking for cash to free up cash his brother. Rookies mids were on fire. Walsh Butters Constable Hately all scored very well. So replaced hind and gibbons with the more expensive ones. This is likely to reverse next week for at least 1 of them.

Rucks for stays for now even fort. If he doesnt play might trade him to a loop option.

fwds- loading up here to avoid fielding there rookies. Drew was good enough to be on field yesterday but had low TOG which I suspect will be mostly the case all year and the parker was the only other fwd rookies to show something. The rest couldnt crack 50.

View attachment 628404

This will change another 50 times today.

If you're going to take Moore as a DEF / FWD option .....you need a corresponding FWD / DEF Rookie, otherwise you're not maximizing that selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back