Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like that one day a week when I parlay all the daily NBA underdogs into one, large $10 multi, praying to wake up to find I won like $10,000.

Good luck with that.

I have a good gut feeling about this team.

Usually my gut feelings are more good than bad so hoping the trend continues.

After dicking around for far too many hours, I've settled on this basic structure:

View attachment 635245

Instead of talking about the staples of the team, I'll quickly discuss the outliers.

Mid-Price POD's ($250k - $450k):

McCarthy: Averaged 90 during the JLT and is in his prime. With a new environment, and Brisbane's strong medical team behind him, Lincoln could be one of the surprise packets of the year. He's a big risk, but he's relatively cheap so I'm backing him in.

Ballard: With the Suns midfield looking like a dog's breakfast, their defence is going to get slaughtered at times. This should give plenty of oppourtunity for Suns defenders to rack up the pill. Connor played the JLT in Defence and averaged 81, he should have good JS too.

Premium POD's ($450k+):

Andrews: He was a SC beast last year before that dog-c***, gutter sniper Jeremy Cameron ended his AA chances. He looks to be back to his best in the JLT averaging 96.5 and I doubt he'll see much time in the FWD line. At only 22 years of age, I think he has what it takes to elevate himself into the top 6 scoring defenders this season.

Darling: Similar story to Andrews. With Josh Kennedy battling father time, Darling will be the focal point of the Eagles' attack. I wanted Jack in my team last year, so I'll take him now after a strong JLT averaging 98.5.

*MID & FWD Bench Rookies subject to change after team announcements.

I'm backing in my gut on this one, I've spent too long looking at other teams, chopping & changing, and it's frying my brain.

Charlie Ballard not Connor.
Hoping he does well for you!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm currently sucked in by Sheed... although...
2 years ago he also killed it pre-season and was cheap as chips, didn't play round 1 then scored 48 in round 2.
Looking at his stats, his average score was down 11 points last year (73) on 2017 (84).
I'm hoping his previous good pre-season form was an indicator of what he's capable of while not haveing the full opportunity to do so during the regular season and maybe now he gets to carry on his preseason into the regular season.

I'm currently sucked in by Sheed... although...
2 years ago he also killed it pre-season and was cheap as chips, didn't play round 1 then scored 48 in round 2.
Looking at his stats, his average score was down 11 points last year (73) on 2017 (84).
I'm hoping his previous good pre-season form was an indicator of what he's capable of while not haveing the full opportunity to do so during the regular season and maybe now he gets to carry on his preseason into the regular season.
That's the big red flag in my book asking for a 30 point jump from last season seems a lot when he doesn't have the runs on the board from previous seasons. I am happy to sit and wait if he goes off in the first 2 games it will be easy to downgrade one of my mids if I want to go down that path.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Version 'lost count'. $30k left over.

Defence has remained locked, except I've upgraded Ridley to BSmith. I wasn't keen on him, but having him at D4 doesn't stress me too much. Worst case scenario he gets injured early and I downgrade to Ridley or Collins.

Midfield and Rucks haven't changed. Locked and Loaded. Set and Forgotten.

Forwards have changed a little. Have gone from Higgins and Greene at F3/F4 to Walters at F3 and another rookie. Walters scored very well in the JLT with his little TOG, and with more midfield time, he could average above 100 and hit that top 6 FWD status, just hopes he doesn't break down during the season and burn me. I'll revert back to the Higgins/Greene set-up if not enough Forward Rookies are named, but for now I'm sticking with this.

1552691151754.png

DEF: Whitfield, Andrews, Z.Williams, B.Smith, Scrimshaw, Clark (Hore & Duursma)

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Yeo, Dusty, MCrouch, Walsh, Constable, Butters (Gibbons, Drew, Scott)

RUCK: Grawndy (Fort)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, SPS, Moore, Setterfield, Balta (Petrucelle & Owies the loophole)

Hayden from North a better loophole option I reckon.

Made a few changes.

Punchable out for McCarthy.

Liba out for Rocky.

Only 3 rookies on the ground. Haha!

Hanging my balls out on the electric fence while playing with my massive chol is equivalent to how risky my SC team is.....

View attachment 635841

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back