Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

View attachment 635428

So one week out and I have a backline that will need working on... but happy to wait and see the new rule impacts there.
If Clarke plays in any week then Westhoff to F6 is the plan so Bines the floating donut.
I think I can live with Moore, Clark, Walsh and Setterfield on field early.
Fwd line seems a little heavy early but just possibly 5 keepers.

o_O:oops:
Surely there's a song somewhere in YouTube that sums your team up? ;)

Almost settled on this team. The defence is my biggest concern. I'm not yet sold on mills but the pickings are slim!

The forwards are rock solid (maybe to the detriment of the backs) but I feel theres value in darling and walters thats hard to pass up.

Would love to squeeze M crouch in somehow but at the same time the mid rooks look capable of scoring well and may be better left on field

Thoughts on this bad boy? Have at it! Screenshot_20190316-083343_SuperCoach.jpg Screenshot_20190316-083356_SuperCoach.jpg

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Almost settled on this team. The defence is my biggest concern. I'm not yet sold on mills but the pickings are slim!

The forwards are rock solid (maybe to the detriment of the backs) but I feel theres value in darling and walters thats hard to pass up.

Would love to squeeze M crouch in somehow but at the same time the mid rooks look capable of scoring well and may be better left on field

Thoughts on this bad boy? Have at it! View attachment 635920View attachment 635921

Think you can only pass up Grundy if you take 2 or more of Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Oliver.

Would also think spending the extra 80k on M.Crouch instead of Walters/Darling will be worth it. Drew to forward, Walters to M.Crouch, maybe by downgrading a mid priced mid - if you get enough money you change a Libba/Walters combo for example into a rookie/Oliver combo which looks a lot better in terms of risk in your side (still some subpremo/midpriced options but not full of them)

Sorry but after all these months of planning, i’d like to also know how Ridley has suddenly become so popular ??
Wow. You’re passing on Moore? :oops:

Ridley or Collins ??

Collins better JS
Start with Ridley, re-assess after two rounds and downgrade if required, banking the cash saving.

Reckon it's risky starting him but definitely a watch for the first two rounds. If he cuts the mustard then will look to maybe use as a round three corrective trade.
Make sure you leave 50k sitting in your bank then, assuming you’re starting with Collins, otherwise better leave more cash in the bank.

Why are so many going the one premo at D1 and the rest mid prices. What’s the thinking there
Defenders score the least. Also not many consistent year to year Premos. They seem to change every year bar Laird and Simmo (inb4 someone says “what about”). My defence is always my weakest line Round 1.

Thoughts on this bad boy? Have at it! View attachment 635920View attachment 635921

While your forwards are not too bad picks, I think there's far too many upgrades later down the line to be made for your team to be competitive, particularly in defence and midfield

I think only one of Sheed, Libba and Steele would be worthy of M8 meaning around 5 upgrades in midfield and probably 2 of Mills, Williams and Smith would be good enough for D5-6, but not all 3, so probably at least 3 upgrades there also

Grundy might outdo Goldy also, then there's F6 too, so you might get lucky and only need 8 upgrades or so if you nail your team, but it could be as high as 10-11 too if a few go **** up

13 bonafide keepers seems to be the regular number this year from the teams I've seen including myself, but 14 could be achieved too if you sensibly look for value (Williams, Smith, Libba, Brouch types)

I feel 15 is very risky which is what you're starting with here, it could get you off to a flier, but could also hurt later down the track

Just a thought... What if Danger is started in the Mids instead of F1? Gives some extra money and the pressure for the F2-F4 spots gets relaxed a little.
Will see if it works...
WTF? He’s the same price regardless of where he starts. FWD rookies are ratshit. Why force yourself to field an extra spud? :oops:

Defenders score the least. Also not many consistent year to year Premos. They seem to change every year bar Laird and Simmo. My defence is always my weakest line Round 1.
Depends what scoring attributes CD values I feel too and defence offers arguably the most varied types of relevant scorers in the game

KPDs
Intercept types
Inside mids who got defence status but had a role change
Outside mids who got defence status but pushed up to a wing
And your high metres gained rebounder types

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF? He’s the same price regardless of where he starts. FWD rookies are ratshit. Why force yourself to field an extra spud? :oops:
I can see what he's thinking, but I've only tinkered with the same theory in the ruck with a ruck forward type like Westhoff or Lycett instead of picking one of Gawn/Grundy who I'd wait to fall in value.

Once said Gawn/Grundy falls in value you upgrade a forward rookie to them then swing your RF from R2 into the forwards

With Savdogs thinking, forward premiums are generally cheaper than midfield premiums by a good 50-100k, you load up on value there then prioritise upgrades in midfield throughout the season and Danger moves back to the forwards eventually

You're starting with 5 premium forwards in both scenarios, just one will be out of position to start with obviously

If it helps squeezing in another value type somewhere to start with then the idea could have some merit. The downside to it is is that uber mids are hard to acquire with a traditional downgrade/upgrade in this game, we normally need 3 maxed out rookies to get an uber mid in, or maybe 5 maxed out rookies for 2 ubers if we're lucky/playing the breakeven game, would have to nail the rookie situation.

Just a thought... What if Danger is started in the Mids instead of F1? Gives some extra money and the pressure for the F2-F4 spots gets relaxed a little.

Will see if it works...

I can see what he's thinking, but I've only tinkered with the same theory in the ruck with a ruck forward type like Westhoff or Lycett instead of picking one of Gawn/Grundy who I'd wait to fall in value.

Once said Gawn/Grundy falls in value you upgrade a forward rookie to them then swing your RF from R2 into the forwards

With Savdogs thinking, forward premiums are generally cheaper than midfield premiums by a good 50-100k, you load up on value there then prioritise upgrades in midfield throughout the season and Danger moves back to the forwards eventually

You're starting with 5 premium forwards in both scenarios, just one will be out of position to start with obviously

If it helps squeezing in another value type somewhere to start with then the idea could have some merit. The downside to it is is that uber mids are hard to acquire with a traditional downgrade/upgrade in this game, we normally need 3 maxed out rookies to get an uber mid in, or maybe 5 maxed out rookies for 2 ubers if we're lucky/playing the breakeven game
What???? You missed his post - see above in Red.

Danger is 660k as a MID
Danger is 660k as a FWD

It makes no difference where he starts except allowing you one extra forward rookie (where there’s SFA available) instead of a midfield rookie (where there’s a bucketload)

If it helps squeezing in another value type somewhere to start with then the idea could have some merit. The downside to it is is that uber mids are hard to acquire with a traditional downgrade/upgrade in this game, we normally need 3 maxed out rookies to get an uber mid in, or maybe 5 maxed out rookies for 2 ubers if we're lucky/playing the breakeven game, would have to nail the rookie situation.
The problem with this is that the forward premium you start with will average 10-15 points less than the mid that costs 50k more

While your forwards are not too bad picks, I think there's far too many upgrades later down the line to be made for your team to be competitive, particularly in defence and midfield

I think only one of Sheed, Libba and Steele would be worthy of M8 meaning around 5 upgrades in midfield and probably 2 of Mills, Williams and Smith would be good enough for D5-6, but not all 3, so probably at least 3 upgrades there also

Grundy might outdo Goldy also, then there's F6 too, so you might get lucky and only need 8 upgrades or so if you nail your team, but it could be as high as 10-11 too if a few go **** up

13 bonafide keepers seems to be the regular number this year from the teams I've seen including myself, but 14 could be achieved too if you sensibly look for value (Williams, Smith, Libba, Brouch types)

I feel 15 is very risky which is what you're starting with here, it could get you off to a flier, but could also hurt later down the track

Most years I end up with only 6-8 of my original Rd1 squad. The notion that you must have 12-14 keepers in your starting squad otherwise you won't end up with a 'complete' team is BS

The problem with this is that the forward premium you start with will average 10-15 points less than the mid that costs 50k more
That too

Same with the ruck forward scenario I guess

I guess if you're squeezing in another value premium/midpricer onfield somewhere using these methods, you'd weigh up is that value premium/midpricer replacing an onfield rookie or not

So it'd be

Midfield/ruck premium + rookie

Vs

Forward premium + value premium/midpricer

Nah nah ......a very respected Coach, toxic ...has been on Moores case for at least a month

It's his DPP that's valuable with such a dearth of rookies ......as long as he doesn't get injured (a bleach job gone wrong)
Moore was never in your Pre-JLT sides.

Moore was never in your Pre-JLT sides.
I had Moore in mind ......but yes I agree, the JLT raised his profile, and Roberton & Collins failure in JLT2 , called for Moore

He's not a preferred option, in that I'm not totally committed

Think I posted one side .....but it's changed dramatically ...thin down back, but two DEF playing rookies is too dangerous

So I have to operate and slice out some $$ from the midfield :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back