Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the best one I've seen ....because it gives you the breadown of byes and prem/rookies ;)

Have you not checked out Huttabito's? His does the same thing, but even gives you a visual representation on the side, even lets you pick your own "keeper" price.

Interesting strategy .....if your DEF stands up, you could be rewarded

What I'd say is, that you have only 2 sub $140K players on-field ......this is going to make your cash generation much slower than other teams .....if the players named score well, then it's a tick, but last year a lot of these premium priced Rookies failed to score well, or appreciate in value

You've got a good # of keepers, but I'd be downgrading a few premium rookies & boosting your DEF ......having all 3 of Birchell, Williams, and Roberton is ballsy

I have thought about that and im being conservative with planning as i dont want to be in a situation where i am happy with my team and then have to find extra cash for rookies come round 1. In all likelihood I will downgrade 1 or 2 expensive rookies before the season starts and will then look at using the extra cash. Lets say that extra cash is approximately 50k then that could allow me to upgrade Wingard, Libba, Goldy or perhaps Roberton/Birchall. My preference would probably be to upgrade Libba to B.Crouch as im quite bullish on him. That would be a luxury upgrade though, costing 115k so id only need an extra 25k on top of the spare cash ive got now. I really like both Libba and Crouch as mid-priced mids but i cant justify starting with more than 1.

On another note, I must say i'm pretty surprised that Lloyd is not featuring in many teams at the moment. I think he is a better option than Laird and Whitfield, albeit a bit more expensive. The way he finished last season was pretty incredible! I dare say it was "Docherty-like". He was probably my 2nd or 3rd player picked behind Danger and possibly Grundy

never played SC before, thought I'd have a crack this year, so be gentle to this virgin:rolleyes:View attachment 597532 View attachment 597533
Your backline is potentially 1 premium/mid-pricer short but the structure of the rest of your team looks pretty good. Devon Smith is an interesting point of difference selection. His tackling numbers were insane last season and if he can increase his possessions and/or goals he could be a super pick. I'm not sure whether the acquisition of Shiel will help or hinder him but he is definitely one to watch. I don't really like the Coniglio selection as i think he might not have that much upside but he's far from a bad pick. Dusty/Bontempelli are at a similar price and are both superior players in my opinion - granted that doesnt always equate to points.

Overall, its a good team with a few good unique picks. I'm really nitpicking with my criticisms so obviously take what i have to say with a grain of salt.

Your backline is potentially 1 premium/mid-pricer short but the structure of the rest of your team looks pretty good. Devon Smith is an interesting point of difference selection. His tackling numbers were insane last season and if he can increase his possessions and/or goals he could be a super pick. I'm not sure whether the acquisition of Shiel will help or hinder him but he is definitely one to watch. I don't really like the Coniglio selection as i think he might not have that much upside but he's far from a bad pick. Dusty/Bontempelli are at a similar price and are both superior players in my opinion - granted that doesnt always equate to points.

Overall, its a good team with a few good unique picks. I'm really nitpicking with my criticisms so obviously take what i have to say with a grain of salt.
Yeah, I've gone a little light on the backs cos I reckon the rooks will score better there than the forwards. The Shiel influence is an interesting one, does he affect Devon's scoring or does he help Cogs scoring potential? Anyway it's early days and my rabble will more than likely be a different rabble tomorrow

Yeah, I've gone a little light on the backs cos I reckon the rooks will score better there than the forwards. The Shiel influence is an interesting one, does he affect Devon's scoring or does he help Cogs scoring potential? Anyway it's early days and my rabble will more than likely be a different rabble tomorrow

Yeah, it will be interesting to see. To be honest I don't think it will help Cogs as i don't believe he will see much if any more extra time on the ball but i could definitely be wrong. Personally i like Dusty more as he has shown more scoring potential and i think Bont could be a SC superstar if he gets the right mix of time on ball and forward...which really means i hope he plays a bit more on ball this season. With the rise of Dunkley and having Libba back, im not sure it happens. Dogs supporters would know more. With all that said, if you don't like Dusty/Bont/other substitutes and are happy going into the season with a point of difference as a premium mid, then the reward could be big (or it could go the other way)!

never played SC before, thought I'd have a crack this year, so be gentle to this virgin:rolleyes:View attachment 597532 View attachment 597533

Hey man, I remember you gave me some feedback/advice a few times on the AFL Fantasy board earlier this year. It was my first time playing that game for 9-10 years. Not quite a virgin, but still appreciate you bothering to help out a newb.

I like your selections, feel you're probably batting 1 premo too deep in the mids though. Cogs to a SP def premo like Laird would be a better balanced team IMO.

Hey man, I remember you gave me some feedback/advice a few times on the AFL Fantasy board earlier this year. It was my first time playing that game for 9-10 years. Not quite a virgin, but still appreciate you bothering to help out a newb.

I like your selections, feel you're probably batting 1 premo too deep in the mids though. Cogs to a SP def premo like Laird would be a better balanced team IMO.
Hey Andrew, thanks for the feedback, reckon the deck chairs will be shuffled quite a bit yet. I only have a basic idea how SC scoring differs to Fantasy so I'm a bit blind to which players are more relevant to this format, so things will change as I become more educated. Plus the limited trades is a bit for me to get my head around too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome & just to make you feel at home.;):D

tenor.gif

Dunkley discussion interesting.
Small sample, albeit a very good one.
Liberatore back, Mclean without shoulder issues.
Schache starting to look effective up forward and Boyd should have more continuity English and Trengove I guess will cover the ruck.
Thought Schache and Boyd would release Bontempelli.
Doesn't seem that conducive to Dunkley.

Cogs is a very good pick, and is still breaking out go with your gut.

Cogs is a very good pick, and is still breaking out go with your gut.
GWS have lost half their midfield. Cogs no longer the 26th best midfielder. Will cop more attention. Wait and see IMO.

I have thought about that and im being conservative with planning as i dont want to be in a situation where i am happy with my team and then have to find extra cash for rookies come round 1. In all likelihood I will downgrade 1 or 2 expensive rookies before the season starts and will then look at using the extra cash. Lets say that extra cash is approximately 50k then that could allow me to upgrade Wingard, Libba, Goldy or perhaps Roberton/Birchall. My preference would probably be to upgrade Libba to B.Crouch as im quite bullish on him. That would be a luxury upgrade though, costing 115k so id only need an extra 25k on top of the spare cash ive got now. I really like both Libba and Crouch as mid-priced mids but i cant justify starting with more than 1.

On another note, I must say i'm pretty surprised that Lloyd is not featuring in many teams at the moment. I think he is a better option than Laird and Whitfield, albeit a bit more expensive. The way he finished last season was pretty incredible! I dare say it was "Docherty-like". He was probably my 2nd or 3rd player picked behind Danger and possibly Grundy
Think most Coaches are worried about any DEF over $600K .....but particularly if you want premium Rucks + a 5 Premium midfield and Danger

Think most Coaches are worried about any DEF over $600K .....but particularly if you want premium Rucks + a 5 Premium midfield and Danger
I can’t see Lloyd increasing his output from last year. Plus you just can’t trust horse. He likes to redefine roles every year. Would rather Mr Dependable from the Crows.

They may fall but still could be scoring 120 plus every week set and forget is the way to go imo
About efficiency of outlay for me.
If two lone wolf / primary rucks present in the 250-300k range (prob 4 with some chance to do so), any solo ruck with a pulse will give you 85-plus, potentially a little higher.
You're clearly down pts vs top two till you upgrade, but they're overpriced, the cheapies are underpriced and they'll converge a bit.
Plus you have $$ to spend more efficiently in the gift shop on other lines.
Not saying set and forget bad, but more than one way to skin a cat.

I can’t see Lloyd increasing his output from last year. Plus you just can’t trust horse. He likes to redefine roles every year. Would rather Mr Dependable from the Crows.
I agree .....but I haven't picked Mr Dependable this year ....will be an upgrade target, as I want to see Smith's impact as the nominated kicker ....I also don't think Laird can increase on his output last season, but i can see him dropping a bit (smith)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back