Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say he's averaging 80 and is the highest averaging mid rookie in my team, then a slowish burn is not a problem as he'd be my final on-field midfield upgrade anyway.
Yes, but a $117k rookie will save you $75k .... likely score similar & appreciate more

The major question will be .... will there be a shortage of midfield rookies requiring the selection of Walsh ..... that’s the only justification for him IMO

Yes, but a $117k rookie will save you $75k .... likely score similar & appreciate more

The major question will be .... will there be a shortage of midfield rookies requiring the selection of Walsh ..... that’s the only justification for him IMO

If the last couple of years are anything to go they won't score similar and the other mid rookies will average 60-65ppg. I'm banking on Walsh scoring 15-20ppw more than most of them. I play a MPM front running game, so pre-bye points on the board are more important to me than early cash gen as I have reserved bank$$$ and only a few on-field rookies to upgrade.

If the last couple of years are anything to go they won't score similar and the other mid rookies will average 60-65ppg. I'm banking on Walsh scoring 15-20ppw more than most of them. I play a MPM front running game, so pre-bye points on the board are more important to me than early cash gen as I have reserved bank$$$ and only a few on-field rookies to upgrade.
yes it’s a reasonable strategy, as long as you don’t get hit with injuries .... plus you’ve still got mid pricers to upgrade, as all wont succeed

I guess whether you go Guns & Rookies ... or your approach, really depends on the quality of the Rookies

So what’s the maximum number of On-Field Rookies we should take ..... I’m thinking maximum of 6

your thoughts ?

yes it’s a reasonable strategy, as long as you don’t get hit with injuries .... plus you’ve still got mid pricers to upgrade, as all wont succeed

I guess whether you go Guns & Rookies ... or your approach, really depends on the quality of the Rookies

So what’s the maximum number of On-Field Rookies we should take ..... I’m thinking maximum of 6

your thoughts ?

I don't like starting any more than 6 rookies on field. 4-5 is my preference.

View attachment 620958

It was quickly thrown together and I don't like it, I don't like it.

I DON'T LIKE IT!
English needs to be a watch during JLT. My opinion on the rucks at the moment i either set and forget or a rookie at R2. Mosquito won't play early but possibly just a place holder at the moment. But, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Relton Roberts would be a better choice than Michael Hibberd.

English needs to be a watch during JLT. My opinion on the rucks at the moment i either set and forget or a rookie at R2. Mosquito won't play early but possibly just a place holder at the moment. But, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Relton Roberts would be a better choice than Michael Hibberd.

Mosquito is just a placeholder.

I had Naismith as second ruck but realised he won't be ready for the start of the season.

Don't sleep on Hibbo, he'll be back to his best this year with May and Lever coming into the back line.

your thoughts ?

5 at worst...4 if my nerve holds out in my backline o_O:rolleyes::rainbow::footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your thoughts ?

I got 9

yc8pJLKXr-yn6thcL0t1ELuUVix61TvbySF8VSXGxzmWzwhMxBAMu-0B8IikER9RYh6ZW7Nhwc9Oj4eCijJzQ8qIeu-8Gv4d3wJSwGXEk4v8y6P9fBIz-Zv9jnqPiYzK23zylWw566SC_-JMZTYlrO0=w320-h240-nc

Yes, but the coach had a slightly different POV

Frankly at this time of the year, most of the hype is aimed at building players confidence up in the media .... but withoutvreally committing
Selling memberships.

View attachment 620958

It was quickly thrown together and I don't like it, I don't like it.

I DON'T LIKE IT!

It's not far off? Decent nucleus for a quick throw together. I'd personally pick 3 max of Mills, Hibberd, McGrath, Libba, English, Vandenberg - probably lean towards Mills, Hibberd, Libba of those 3. But overall that would just leave you with 2 downgrades and 1 upgrade - so again, a good nucleus.

People here make such strong and compelling cases for players that sometimes I can't help but be swayed by some of them. :$ Mills, Taranto & Parfitt being players that I had not considered previously who are currently in my side. Thanks Kents :moustache:
Taranto the only real pick there...the others need too much to go right to pull it off!...not this year for Mills/Parfitt.
Taranto is just a lil too much coin for me to commit to spending. 50-75k cheaper and he'd walk in to my team.

People here make such strong and compelling cases for players that sometimes I can't help but be swayed by some of them. :$ Mills, Taranto & Parfitt being players that I had not considered previously who are currently in my side. Thanks Kents :moustache:
Soooo

Billings is your F1?

Possibly could be my F3 come round 1 lockout if Devon/Robbie/Dunkley don’t look the goods.
No team bias there Bob ?

I have to be careful of team bias with Brouch ? .... also have to be careful i don’t select brouch as an anti-bias mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back