Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Now stay with me here.

This team is the best team ive made because it has Grundy and Gawn in it.

View attachment 601376View attachment 601377

In defense.
Ive got Cox Cumming.
A Hore for the after party.
Butts (Butler wanna be)
Maibaum. Its mine not yours. And yes its real and its spectacular.
Sholl cos it rhymes with the great one.
Eagles. Cos they rule.
Pittard on the bench just to piss off stevebbb

Midfield is stacked. I tried to squeeze Barrass in at M1 but he's too good to be a midfielder.
Danger is a better mid than a forward so he gets a gig in my midfield cos I like to win.
Isn't that right Chris you muppet...
Gaff is there to keep all the other campaigners in line. Word has it he wears Brayshaws teeth on a chain around his neck set in gold under the words MAD DOG.
Brayshaw is in there for motivation for Gaff to pull his head in as the campaigner owes me for missing the first two weeks.
Swallow is in there twice because he gonna be busy with all the Bonars and Cox around
Bennell is still good, hes still good
Gaz is in just as a thankyou for years of SP service
Shuey gets a gig for winning us a flag. Bless his cotton socks.
Hanners is in there so I know there will always be beer in the fridge.
Rockliff hasn't burnt me enough yet so we go round again.

Rucks
Set and forget.
50k coming my way.

Forward line.
Billings. I tried making him my F1 but SC is smart and knows better than to let me do that.
Woodcock or Cox Nutting in the Pink?
Hogan cos lol freo
Robinson. Token Ranga.
M.Chol. The great one. Leader of this team by locker room comparison.

Welcome any thoughts please kents.

I've decided to sit this year out now.
Don't know how I'm supposed to compete with that team.
I'll pm you my details so you can shout me a plane ticket to SA for the party :moustache:

I've decided to sit this year out now.
Don't know how I'm supposed to compete with that team.
I'll pm you my details so you can shout me a plane ticket to SA for the party :moustache:
This team is beatable but only by my other team with Barrass in it

Wouldn’t consider Roberton + B Smith > Premo + rookie? Lessens risk if enough rookies present.
Other lines look strong, can see the attraction, have to go a bit skinnier somewhere with the starting squad.
Early days and just tinkering as we do. I’ve got 5-6 squads that I like and most have a Laird Whitfield ZW Roberton defense. Macrae is downgraded to accommodate that.

If he can average in the mid 80's he'd be a lock ......but the more important aspect for me would be his reliability (hopefully) at being picked and not churning out 35 scores

It's a similar thought process with Roberton

He plays if fit for sure, will replace Burton’s half back. We miss his run and decision making coming out of defence.

2016 was his last full season and he averaged 84. At his peak (2012-16) was consistently in the mid 80’s to mid 90’s. Can he get back there after almost seasons out is my main concern, but I think I’d risk him ahead of a $200k rookie.

version 1. I dont have Supercoach Gold because i am a cheapskate :'(

Defence 3/1/4
Lloyd, Laird, Whitfield, Blakely, Rozee, Logue, Quaynor, Mclennan

Midfield 3/0/8
Titch, Cripps, Merrett, Walsh, Setterfield, Stocker, Constable, Ling, Hind, Valente, West

Rucks 2/0/1
Grundy, Goldstein, Clarke

Forwards 3/1/4
Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Lynch, Rankine, Blakey, McAdam, Cavarra

68K left over

Looks like it will be Guns and Rookies for me this year. only 13 possible keepers in that side :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence 3/1/4

Midfield 3/0/8
Titch, Cripps, Merrett, Walsh, Setterfield, Stocker, Constable, Ling, Hind, Valente, West

Rucks 2/0/1

Forwards 3/1/4

68K left over

Looks like it will be Guns and Rookies for me this year. only 13 possible keepers in that side :huh:
I like it. If it was my side I would go:

Lloyd>Williams & Blakely>Roberton - Backline still solid with Laird & Whitfield @ D1/2.

Then upgrade Walsh to Fyfe.

Defence 3/1/4

Midfield 3/0/8

Rucks 2/0/1

Forwards 3/1/4

68K left over

the scoring ability of your midfield makes me feel a bit yucky

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1546831630745.png

Pretty happy with this team going into 2019. Despite a lot of juicy midpricers this year, I’ve limited myself to 2 (if ZWilliams counts), as midpricers/fallen premos often carry risk.

DEF:
Laird – Mr. Consistency. 93.8, 96.8, 100.2, 108.2 avg past 4 years…. Can’t see him going below 100. The safest back option this year.
Whitfield – A rare midfield option presented in the backline. Can see him playing more wing with Z Williams coming back into the side to play that loose defender type role. Has never averaged above 100 (99.9 avg last year) but can see him cracking the ton this year. 97, 85, 113, 106, 105, 107, 141, 130, 80 & 61 post-bye last year.
Z Williams – Will be bringing the ball out of defense this year. Loves to play on, and with the new rule changes will see him playing on from kick-ins more than ever. Boots it a mile so will leak points from this role alone. Will be the new Heath Shaw this year.
Watch List – Lloyd, Sicily, Old Man Simmo (will he ever slow down), Hurley, Blakely, Witherden, Mills (midfield role on the horizon?), Roberton, Birchill.

MID:
Titch – Captain option each week. Will he decrease in price? Yes. Is it worth waiting 10 rounds for him to lose 100k? No. Like Danger in prior years, it tends to pay off starting with the best player.
Oliver – Pig. Was a bit of a POD to start last year and I reaped the rewards. Ultra-consistent, and only getting better with age. If he starts kicking the ball more, expect a 120+ avg. Can’t see him going backwards.
Fyfe – Hoping he remains injury-free. Expect him to go back to his beast ways now that he is likely going to win more of the ball with Neale gone. Pending PS, may be flipped for Neale going into R1. I like my premos to be durable, but upside for Fyfe is too big to ignore.
Martin – Expect him to go back to 2017 form. Something was off last year… may have been Richmond winning without Dusty needing to get out of 2nd gear but after the heartbreak of the prelim final, expect him to be as hungry as ever. Will be kicking the ball into a more potent forward line so am expecting monster scores from goal assists. Have put $50 on him for brownlow and think he will finish top 5 overall scorers.
Libba – If he remains injury-free and out of trouble, will be a massive bargain. Showed in past he can score, and has massive upside at 300k. If Hannes has a big PS, may be flipped to him.
Watch List – Cripps, Macrae, Kelly, Neale, Beams, MCrouch, Zerrett, Hannebury

RUCK:
Grundy – The cox curse may finally be broken with Grundy… all depends on Preuss. If Preuss plays, curse will be broken. If Pruess doesn’t play, Grundy will finish as #2 ruck. Regardless, will be right up there again come season end, especially as he is now hitting it to an even more dangerous Collingwood midfield.
Goldstein – Will anyone challenge him to play ruck at NM next year? Pressure will be off, and thus am expecting Goldy to unleash. Will he hit 2015 level of a 128 avg? Probably not, but a fit and firing Goldstein is a great player to watch. May still be flicked for the bearded one.
Watch List - Gawn

FWD:
Dangerfield – First picked. Nothing really needs to be said.
Smith – Think he will relish the added freedom caused by Shiel. Don’t think much will change with Shiel coming into the side; will still play mid and will still tackle like a man possessed.
Heeney – Huge man crush. Will fill the Hannebury void. Could push Danger for #1 FWD next year.
Dunkley – This pick depends on Libba. Dunkely came home like a man possessed last year: 105, 147, 132, 106, 157, 116 after he moved to midfield. Will Doggies keep him there with Libba coming back into the side? I sure hope so. If not, eyeing off Mclean & Kelly for this position.
Watch List – McLean, Kelly, Westhoff, Gray, Wingard

View attachment 602184

this is my 174th attempt, I need JLT to hurry up so I stop fiddling around with my team

Probably my favourite pure GnR team.

D4/F4 obviously a little weak but the 3 super premos make up for that.

Only major difference between our teams is I’ve got Roberton & Greene @ D4/F4 with Libba @ M5.

Probably my favourite pure GnR team.

D4/F4 obviously a little weak but the 3 super premos make up for that.

Only major difference between our teams is I’ve got Roberton & Greene @ D4/F4 with Libba @ M5.

I changed my team once again, replaced Llyod with Z. Williams

this allowed me to make a midfield upgrade; Dusty to Titch and I also freed up a tiny bit of cash by downgrading Macrae to Piggy. Allowing me to upgrade Collins to Roberton @ D4 (my team is sexy)

I just feel as if there’s more points to be accumulated overall by running with that structure, with Roberton being a decent shout in the past.

I really like my base but I just keep switching premos around, this bloody forum is way too persuasive.

Last edited:
Ugh too many teams with Neal makes me sad.. he use to be POD gold.. booo

And who is M Hore In the backline, sounds tasty
Neale ain’t even that good - gets 40 touches for 90 points type player

There's over 300,000 people play SC. Only a small percentage are on here. Need to wait till it opens before knowing who's a POD. Just cos he's not a POD here doesn't mean he won't be in the overall comp.

Better that Neale is in lots of teams now ......that means come R1 he'll be back to a POD

My problem is having a great POD ....then the JLT comes around & everyone gets my POD in ......example, Sicily last year

Will Hore get a run in that Melbourne DEF ......it's going to be tough

There's over 300,000 people play SC. Only a small percentage are on here. Need to wait till it opens before knowing who's a POD. Just cos he's not a POD here doesn't mean he won't be in the overall comp.
300,000 registered players, but generally only 2/3rds active players .......I mean, I registered another use with SuperCoach, just to get the Team Picker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back