Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate, this is probably the most settled I've ever been this far out.
I'm very my borderline... I can afford Heeney over Gray but it leaves me with $600.

Edit - Actually I will go with Heeney, I didn't realise Gray was 30.

Team looks better with him in it...I'm sticking with McLean as he fits my profile.
View attachment 602662
Very nice team! Interested in your thoughts on why those mids? I've picked them too, but interested to hear why others rate an Oliver over a Kelly for example.

Only worry about that team is with $600 left over, not much room to move rooks to $123 counterparts.

Very nice team! Interested in your thoughts on why those mids? I've picked them too, but interested to hear why others rate an Oliver over a Kelly for example.

Only worry about that team is with $600 left over, not much room to move rooks to $123 counterparts.
For me, it was an agonising choice of Oliver v Kelly

Here's my rationale of why I chose Oliver

1. Oliver in 2017 he handballed incessintly, but always tonned up and would get you your 105 SC points each week .....In 2018 he again increased his average to 114 SC points, but we started to see some big scores .....5 x 130+ scores

2. His Handballs dropped a little & he started kicking more ....dropping from an average of 22 hballs to 19

3. The shoulders also must have impacted his game, but scores weren't really affected

4. Lowest score of 59 ....6 scores < 100 , compared to 5 scores < 100 in 2017 ......but his consistency was actually better in 2017, except he started to go big with his scores in 2018 ......and given he's starting the season as a 21 YO , the upside is still massive

5. Josh Kelly, a bit harder to read, because of his interrupted season ....but he had 8 scores < 100 from his 15 games & that's not a great strike rate

6. Kelly had 5 x 130+ scores from his 15 games ....that's a 3rd of his games :thumbsu: .....but this was counteracted by the 8 x sub 100 games :thumbsdown:, showing that his consistency was not as good as Oliver

So I went for Oliver, kicking more, improving his average year on year .....starting to score big, but also pretty consistent

Thanks mate.

Oliver over Kelly was about ceiling/potential and durability for me.
They've all be pretty much selected as I think they'll be the highest scorers.

I hate having to correct premo selections.

Some nice sides here.
All depends on which rookies present where and how much they set us back, but that’s always the case.
Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Finally starting a team. Apologies for lack of a pic due to my lack of technical saviness.
Going for the Gun/Rookie setup for no good reason. ( Burnt early last years on mid pricers.)
Saving cash in rucks just to be different and get the extra keeper back and fwd in early.
Liking upside of Martin and Sloane. Having 4 keeper backs and fwds to start is new to me but I think I like it.
Nank and Longer both seem ok in this setup.

Whitfield; Witherden; Mills;
Z.Williams; Collins; Clark;
( McKay; McLennan )

Mitchell; Cripps; Fyfe; Martin;
Sloane; B.Smith; Stocker; Bewley;
( Valente; Hind; McFadyen )

Nankervis; Longer
( Fort )

Dangerfield; D.Smith; Heeney;
McLean; Setterfield; Cavarra;
( Parker; Wilkinson )

have $132,700 left at this stage.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Finally starting a team. Apologies for lack of a pic due to my lack of technical saviness.
Going for the Gun/Rookie setup for no good reason. ( Burnt early last years on mid pricers.)
Saving cash in rucks just to be different and get the extra keeper back and fwd in early.
Liking upside of Martin and Sloane. Having 4 keeper backs and fwds to start is new to me but I think I like it.
Nank and Longer both seem ok in this setup.

Whitfield; Witherden; Mills;
Z.Williams; Collins; Clark;
( McKay; McLennan )

Mitchell; Cripps; Fyfe; Martin;
Sloane; B.Smith; Stocker; Bewley;
( Valente; Hind; McFadyen )

Nankervis; Longer
( Fort )

Dangerfield; D.Smith; Heeney;
McLean; Setterfield; Cavarra;
( Parker; Wilkinson )

have $132,700 left at this stage.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Mills at D3 :think:

Gotta have one of the top 3 premo rucks at R1 at least ......missing all of Grundy, Gawn, and Goldy, you're going to be behind the 8-ball from R1

Use your spare cash to get that premo ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be nice to see points per game in losses too
Player | Win | Loss
Macrae | 143 | 117.8 (average loss of 123.9 with injury game (42% TOG) removed)
Fyfe | 142.2 | 99.7
Gawn | 131.3 | 113
Grundy | 130.8 | 129.6
Mitchell | 128.9 | 128.1
Beams | 128.2 | 94.8
Kelly | 113.3 | 91.5 (average win score of 121.9 when concussion game (20% TOG) removed)
Dangerfield | 120.6 | 118.7

Player | Win | Loss
Fyfe | 142.2 | 99.7
Gawn | 131.3 | 113
Grundy | 130.8 | 129.6
Mitchell | 128.9 | 128.1
Beams | 128.2 | 94.8
Kelly | 113.3 | 91.5 (average win score of 121.9 when concussion game (20% TOG) removed)
Where did you source these from ?

Player | Win | Loss
Fyfe | 142.2 | 99.7
Gawn | 131.3 | 113
Grundy | 130.8 | 129.6
Mitchell | 128.9 | 128.1
Beams | 128.2 | 94.8

That's awesome, cheers Huttabito.
Would be very interested to see where these stats are.
For me, Grundy, Mitchell and Danger are locks in my team already. Beams a 'wait n see' as are the others TBH

Player | Win | Loss
Fyfe | 142.2 | 99.7
Gawn | 131.3 | 113
Grundy | 130.8 | 129.6
Mitchell | 128.9 | 128.1
Beams | 128.2 | 94.8
Geez that makes Beams an interesting proposition

Player | Win | Loss
Fyfe | 142.2 | 99.7
Gawn | 131.3 | 113
Grundy | 130.8 | 129.6
Mitchell | 128.9 | 128.1
Beams | 128.2 | 94.8
Legend.

Fyfe lockity locked.

Well I said Im gonna try something very different this year

Liking this set up

1547120628844.jpeg

Whitfield gonna get more midfield time with Shiel goneski
Blakely the same with Neale departing
Williams and Smith both underpriced and will get most of their teams kick ins = points
Roberton gonna clean up the mess in St Kildas back line. Plenty to feast on and he's hungry cos it's been so long since he's has a chip or two
Collins, see Roberton
Wigg and Wilkie are there for now.

Cripps. LOCK. Gonna finish top 3 MID
Locky Neale. Close to a lock. Gonna feast of the ball at Brisbane with Beams gone. Points are there to be had. In his prime.
Dusty. Should improve a little on his average. Richmond a million games at the G in prime time. Dusty should also play less forward with Lynch finally allowed to be feast from something other than a intravenous drip
M.Crouch. Can only see this kid getting better. SCores better with Sloane in the team who finally looks fit. Crows lots of easy games. Underpriced.
Redden. Had a *en terrible start to the year after I started with him then became a consistent scorer after I ditched his arse the *en campaigner. Underpriced. Im happy to give him another chance.
Libba too cheap to pass up. He's a stepping stone and a bit of a mad kent.
Rookies all solid and likely types.

Goldy. LOCK. No Pruess Mousse. * paying ten gazillion for some dick with a man bun and an injury prone muppet with a s**t but kinda ok beard.
Witts. Gonna get ten bazzilion hitouts to his new inside midfield buddies. Reckon he can average a touch better even.
ATM I've got Bines for his DPP but will likely lock in Fort cos he a gun and Geelong dont know what a ruck is so he will likely play games early or after their season is shot and Chris starts to cry

Danger. LOCK. Next.
Robbie. Sexy. LOCK. Next
Chad. The *en Chad. Reckon he will go up another gear after Clarko is finished with him. Hoping he stays a POD.
Gresham. Reckon he has a lot more growth in him and expect Richo to give him more opportunity. He really dont like Acres...
Setterfield. LOCK. probably the biggest rookie lock this year.
Other rookies again all likely types.

See you all at the after party kents :moustache:

pass for me

No Lockity Locked Neale so he's gonna get smashed, and then injured, and probably suspended :poo:

Did you avoid Cripps the last few years too?

Fyfe has claims to the title of best midfielder in the competition when hes not injured and isn't taggable.
And you think more opportunity is bad for him?

:drunk:

Well I said Im gonna try something very different this year

Liking this set up

View attachment 603462

Whitfield gonna get more midfield time with Shiel goneski
Blakely the same with Neale departing
Williams and Smith both underpriced and will get most of their teams kick ins = points
Roberton gonna clean up the mess in St Kildas back line. Plenty to feast on and he's hungry cos it's been so long since he's has a chip or two
Collins, see Roberton
Wigg and Wilkie are there for now.

Cripps. LOCK. Gonna finish top 3 MID
Locky Neale. Close to a lock. Gonna feast of the ball at Brisbane with Beams gone. Points are there to be had. In his prime.
Dusty. Should improve a little on his average. Richmond a million games at the G in prime time. Dusty should also play less forward with Lynch finally allowed to be feast from something other than a intravenous drip
M.Crouch. Can only see this kid getting better. SCores better with Sloane in the team who finally looks fit. Crows lots of easy games. Underpriced.
Redden. Had a ****en terrible start to the year after I started with him then became a consistent scorer after I ditched his arse the ****en campaigner. Underpriced. Im happy to give him another chance.
Libba too cheap to pass up. He's a stepping stone and a bit of a mad kent.
Rookies all solid and likely types.

Goldy. LOCK. No Pruess Mousse. **** paying ten gazillion for some dick with a man bun and an injury prone muppet with a s**t but kinda ok beard.
Witts. Gonna get ten bazzilion hitouts to his new inside midfield buddies. Reckon he can average a touch better even.
ATM I've got Bines for his DPP but will likely lock in Fort cos he a gun and Geelong dont know what a ruck is so he will likely play games early or after their season is shot and Chris starts to cry

Danger. LOCK. Next.
Robbie. Sexy. LOCK. Next
Chad. The ****en Chad. Reckon he will go up another gear after Clarko is finished with him. Hoping he stays a POD.
Gresham. Reckon he has a lot more growth in him and expect Richo to give him more opportunity. He really dont like Acres...
Setterfield. LOCK. probably the biggest rookie lock this year.
Other rookies again all likely types.

See you all at the after party kents :moustache:
Alice-in-Wonderland-gif-12.gif
you ok.gif
evil genius.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back