Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 pre season:
View attachment 620478

2019 pre season:
View attachment 620477

Rocky means business and will return to being SC relevant in a big way this year. Far better prepared physically going into this season + permanent midfield role = :devil: Ignore at your own peril.

Hard to take him serious ...Look at all that white "stuff" on his face :moustache:.

Whats trengrove doing still on a AFL list ?

My starting team had $330,000 in the bank, I think you have your hand on it, do you have any evidence from a reputable source.
That is just a picture of your round one score,do you have any real evidence or is it an alternate truth.
So you finished in the top 0.01% with Billings and Kreuzer in your team? Lol good one churchy birchy!
Please supply evidence that he said he finished in the top .01%, or is that just an alternate truth? He finished outside the top 500, but was well up there early on. Not sure why it's so difficult to believe, and also not sure why you would not believe it? We've had a couple of posters in here finish in the top 10 the last few years. Do you believe that or do I need to supply evidence? I finished 198th a couple of years ago. If I posted a screenshot would you believe it or think it was doctored?

Surely there are more important things to worry about than this. Seems like a personal vendetta to me.

Please supply evidence that he said he finished in the top .01%, or is that just an alternate truth? He finished outside the top 500, but was well up there early on. Not sure why it's so difficult to believe, and also not sure why you would not believe it? We've had a couple of posters in here finish in the top 10 the last few years. Do you believe that or do I need to supply evidence? I finished 198th a couple of years ago. If I posted a screenshot would you believe it or think it was doctored?

Surely there are more important things to worry about than this. Seems like a personal vendetta to me.
Well Birchy is a climate change denier so he needs a bit a s**t.This board is for everyone not just the self-proclaimed super elite.Having said that, I respect the high scores from the punters here and look forward to embarrassing a few of the old timers on this board with my team.Call me Mr 1% .

Last edited:

Well Birchy is a climate change denier so he needs a bit a s**t.This board is for everyone not just the self-proclaimed super elite.Having said that, I respect the high scores from the punters here and look forward to embarrassing a few of the old timers on this board with my team.Call me Mr 1% .
And if you can somehow stop being a d!ck I'm sure you will be welcome around here. the more the merrier. Like your answer though. You must be a politician??

Anyone else thinking of going really light in the backline? It's hard for me to justify Lloyd, Simpson, Sicily or Laird when they cost more than M.Crouch, Dusty and Merrett. In the 400k range the only one I really like is Williams and maybe Mills, I really wish Blakely was still an option

Anyone else thinking of going really light in the backline? It's hard for me to justify Lloyd, Simpson, Sicily or Laird when they cost more than M.Crouch, Dusty and Merrett. In the 400k range the only one I really like is Williams and maybe Mills, I really wish Blakely was still an option
I think you need to include at least two that take kick ins.With the rule change, the player kicking in will get an extra 10+ points per game from what I can tell.

And if you can somehow stop being a d!ck I'm sure you will be welcome around here. the more the merrier. Like your answer though. You must be a politician??
I'll be a good contributor captain but I don't care for people who tell me Murdoch newspapers are a good source of news and I have little time for anti-science religious types no matter what board I'm on.A bit of friendly competition sounds good, it will be a very intersting year.

I know what you mean. Hard to justify spending 570 - 600k on defenders. But on the flip side, they're priced higher than Crouch, Dusty and Merrett cos they outscored them. I think even taking out Crouch and Merrett injury scores they would be on par with Laird, Sicily, Simmo. Lloyd outscored most premo mids which will be extremely hard to back up new rules or no. Who's to say teams won't pay him more attention?
And yeah Blakely going down f&$#ed up my team plan/balance he was locked at D2.

I think you need to include at least two that take kick ins.With the rule change, the player kicking in will get an extra 10+ points per game from what I can tell.
Someone else will know more but I'm pretty sure it won't be as much for SC because kick ins were already counted in the scoring?

Someone else will know more but I'm pretty sure it won't be as much for SC because kick ins were already counted in the scoring?
I don't think that's right, I think you can just run out of the square now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if they kicked to themselves first?
You dont have to kick it to yourself anymore so players can leave the square and get points for a normal field kick.The fact that you don't have to kick it to yourself means more players will play on and hence get more points.

So then the players who might get an increase in scoring will be the ones who take kick ins and had the least play ons last year?

You dont have to kick it to yourself anymore so players can leave the square and get points for a normal field kick.The fact that you don't have to kick it to yourself means more players will play on and hence get more points.

Yeah, but the guy I was replying to was saying that rule won't change scoring because kick-ins were still counted in SC.

But I believe they were only counted if they kicked to themselves first.

. I actually think the opposite will happen. Already, we've seen in intraclubs, more sharing of the kick in duties, because teams want a quick play on. Those that took the most kick ins 2018 will score less.

Yeah, but the guy I was replying to was saying that rule won't change scoring because kick-ins were still counted in SC.

I think they used to get 1 point for a kick in

So then the players who might get an increase in scoring will be the ones who take kick ins and had the least play ons last year?
Well we dont know yet, maybe those that played on will do it more and those that didn't will start to do it.

It also means that the traditional, stop and wait for the designated kicker won't happen.
It'll be, nearest to goal line, grab ball and go.

I can see the new rule hurting the designated kickers from 2017,2018

I can see the new rule hurting the designated kickers from 2017,2018

It's very interesting how it will change.

Will rucks suddenly become a lot better because you can play on quicker and get a kick to 50 where your ruck should be waiting for the mark?
Instead of competing with 5 people he could be 1 v 1.

Will the guy in the back pocket drop because he's not getting the easy mark (Laird)?

Will the FB (Rance) be seeing an increase as he's last on the line?

https://outline.com/SYcvtz

Based on that they got 1 point for a kick in where they didn't play on and play ons were counted as a normal kick-in. Last year Witherden had 126 kick ins and played on 52 times so that leaves 74 kicks which he would gain points on. So yeah you are right, assuming about 80% of his kicks are effective that's an extra 8 points per game. You can probably expect 5-8 points extra for most players

I'll be a good contributor captain but I don't care for people who tell me Murdoch newspapers are a good source of news and I have little time for anti-science religious types no matter what board I'm on.A bit of friendly competition sounds good, it will be a very intersting year.

Dude, your primary news source is Buzzfeed. :p Everyone laughed at your floggery and meltiness on Bay13 and now you're stalking me on a SC forum because you're triggered that I'm a conservative. :eek: It's quite bigoted and narrow minded of you to simply assume that I'm anti-science and "churchy" or religious when I've always been pro-science & a staunch atheist. :cool: I look forward to more uninformed and bigoted melts from you in the future comrade Scrotum, but this is not the forum for it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back