Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
With TayTay out, I'm now on:

D: Lloyd, Witherden, Sicily, Williams, Brodie Smith, Williamson (Clark, Burgess)
M: Brayshaw, Merrett, Neale, Martin, Brouch, Miles, Walsh, Bailey Smith (Gibbons, Bewley)
R: Grundy, Jacobs (Fort, Xerri)
F: Dangerfield, Heeney, Rozee, Setterfield, Parker, Cavarra (Corbett, Drew)

Elroy67

Senior List
Apr 5, 2007
Out to lunch
AFL Club
Sydney

D: Lloyd, Witherden, Sicily, Williams, Brodie Smith, Williamson (Clark, Burgess)
M: Brayshaw, Merrett, Neale, Martin, Brouch, Miles, Walsh, Bailey Smith (Gibbons, Bewley)

Since you started a new thread it would be helpful to know who you traded in for Adams....

Im a bit surprised that there are no Collingwood players in you midfield.

I've had Seb Ross at M2 for a while, but have been considering options given the news on Jack Steven.

It seems to me that with Adams injury, it clarifies the midfield situation at Collingwood and makes replacement options such as Treloar and Beams more obvious.

Would like to hear your perspective.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Since you started a new thread it would be helpful to know who you traded in for Adams....

Im a bit surprised that there are no Collingwood players in you midfield.

I've had Seb Ross at M2 for a while, but have been considering options given the news on Jack Steven.

It seems to me that with Adams injury, it clarifies the midfield situation at Collingwood and makes replacement options such as Treloar and Beams more obvious.

Would like to hear your perspective.

Good points. Have grundy though.
So for now I've gone Neale and he looks good thus far.
I love Beams and my M1 is far from set so would love to put Beams or Trel in but for now don't think I will.
Would rather see how they go and get the 1 or 2 that dominate in first few weeks, if any.

Beau_Waters for PM

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast

Your defence is particularly strong there.
Obviously you're backing Sauce to get back to his best. I don't share your confidence but that's neither here nor there!
I feel you may be a little thin in the forwards as while Rozee and Cavarra may have best job security of the FWD rookies, they don't appear to be strong fantasy performers. I'd be wary of fielding both of them.

Beau_Waters for PM

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
My current side:

DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, Newman, Williams, B.Smith, Logue (Hore, Burgess)
MID: Cripps, Brayshaw, Merrett, Steele, B.Crouch, Walsh, Hind, Bewley (Constable, Gibbons)
RUC: Grundy, English (Fort, Sweet)
FWD: Dangerfield, Dunkley, Parfitt, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew (Parker, Cavarra)

$76k in bank

Elroy67

Senior List
Apr 5, 2007
Out to lunch
AFL Club
Sydney
My current side:

DEF: Lloyd, Witherden, Newman, Williams, B.Smith, Logue (Hore, Burgess)
MID: Cripps, Brayshaw, Merrett, Steele, B.Crouch, Walsh, Hind, Bewley (Constable, Gibbons)
RUC: Grundy, English (Fort, Sweet)
FWD: Dangerfield, Dunkley, Parfitt, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew (Parker, Cavarra)

$76k in bank

It's a fine side, but....

With a game and a half to go in JLT1, there are still too many questions unanswered.

I have no confidence in anyone for R2.

Outside of Walsh, Setterfield and Constable, I have limited enthusiasm for the rookies.

At this rate I fear an outbreak of mid-price madness, or I can see myself spending the first 3 weeks of the season trading rookies....

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Following week 1 JLT I’ve already made changes. Just waiting on the make up of the rookie selections

Def: Lloyd, Whitfield, witherden, Williams, Clark, Jones (burgess, Hore)

Mid: macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Merrett, b crouch, Walsh, gibbons, Hayes (Atkins, Bewley)

Ruck: Grundy, goldstein (fort, Cameron)

Fwd: danger, Dunkley, darling, Setterfield, Parker, drew (balta, Miers)

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
New team and it is pretty extreme mid price madness but i just see more value going down this method over the rookies at the moment. Happiest i have been with my team all pre season.

AFL F JLT 1.png

Jul 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
My side as of this weekend has been pretty steady, haven’t made too many changes. Adams was a forced change.

Dunkley’s role is a bit of a worry...

DEF- Lloyd, Witherden, Smith, Williams, Collins, Logue

MID- Cripps, Merrett, Coniglio, Brayshaw, BCrouch, Walsh, Bewley, Constable

RUCK- Grundy, Gawn

FWD- Danger, Dunkley, Heeney, Setterfield, Rankine, Cavarra

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Elroy67

Senior List
Apr 5, 2007
Out to lunch
AFL Club
Sydney
My side as of this weekend has been pretty steady, haven’t made too many changes. Adams was a forced change.

Dunkley’s role is a bit of a worry...

DEF- Lloyd, Witherden, Smith, Williams, Collins, Logue

MID- Cripps, Merrett, Coniglio, Brayshaw, BCrouch, Walsh, Bewley, Constable

RUCK- Grundy, Gawn

FWD- Danger, Dunkley, Heeney, Setterfield, Rankine, Cavarra

Its a good side

The inclusion of LIberatore has to impact someone and both Dunkley and McLean showed last year how role dependent their scores were.

I'm not sure the scoring capacity of Rankine and Logue warrant their elevated prices. That said, I'm not really confident of many rookies.

Will be interesting to see if the Bulldogs include Cavarra next week. They desperately needed someone to kick some goals today, and I believe Dickson and Schache played in the VFL.

Jul 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Its a good side

The inclusion of LIberatore has to impact someone and both Dunkley and McLean showed last year how role dependent their scores were.

I'm not sure the scoring capacity of Rankine and Logue warrant their elevated prices. That said, I'm not really confident of many rookies.

Will be interesting to see if the Bulldogs include Cavarra next week. They desperately needed someone to kick some goals today.

Yeah the Rankine and Logue are more job security picks rather than chasing scoring potentials as I think having a few rookies that will be best 22 and just slowly make some money along the way is a good way, rather than having to swap rookies around each week chasing new selected ones and potentially wasting trades

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Your defence is particularly strong there.
Obviously you're backing Sauce to get back to his best. I don't share your confidence but that's neither here nor there!
I feel you may be a little thin in the forwards as while Rozee and Cavarra may have best job security of the FWD rookies, they don't appear to be strong fantasy performers. I'd be wary of fielding both of them.

Thanks for the tips. I'm really hoping I can run with a Clarke / Darcy / Pierce type as R2 and use that cash to get a more stable F3 option like Worpel or Walters. Will see how it pans out.

Hissy17

Draftee
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rate my team post JLT 1 please positivies and negatives welcome

Backs
Lloyd laird Williams smith witherden Clark (Hore and burgees)

Mids
Fyfe Cripps Neale Duncan Oliver Sloane Walsh butters (Scott and gibbons)

Rucks
Martin Clarke (fort and Cameron)

Forwards
Dangerfield Heeney settersfield owies
Cavarra Larkey (Balta Corbett)

VSTone

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 17, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

Backs

Mids

Rucks

Forwards
nice def, mids slick, rucks deal the cards, fwds who is this owies guy?

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
My team has changed a lot in the last few days mainly because of Adams and poor forward rookie options. $0 left in the bank.

1551663358090.png

Backs: Iv been settled on this set up for awhile. Duursma made way for Clarke but I am concerned for Clarke's job security.

Mids: Adams dropped down to Liberatore to free up some extra cash for my forwards. He is not my first choice but he is the best I can afford. This is my lightest line but I'm confident everyone can score high enough to justify it.

Rucks: Grundy & Gawn should be the top 2 unless one gets injured.

Forwards: I think we can only have 2 rookies on the field as there is too much risk you will be forced to bank a bad score each week. I cut Cavarra and Parker because I needed the cash and they dont look any better than the other rookies.
Everyone seems to be sleeping on Jack Martin. With Lukosius and Rankine being added to GC's forward line Martin should play more midfield which will only improve his score. He could realistically be in the top 6 at the end of the year.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
1551666415784.png

Struggling to build a side I like. I semi like this however F5-6 + bench is awful. Hopefully JLT2 answers some questions...Oliver kick to handball ratio might be enough for me to look elsewhere also

Have $100K in the bank.

forlols

All Australian
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
current team

Def: Laird, Lloyd, Newman, Z.Williams, J.Clark, H.Jones / F.Watson, C.Wilkie
Mid: Cogs, Cripps, Brayshaw, Steele, Bcrouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable / Bewley, Gibbons
Ruc: Grundy, Witts / Fort, Xerri
Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Parfitt, Setterfield, W.Drew, C.Burgess / Balta, Petruccelle

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
Lloyd, Witherden, Williams, Smith, Collins Logue (Jones, Burgess)
Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, B. Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Davies-Uniacke, Constable (Gibbons Bewley)
Grundy, Gawn (Smith, Cameron)
Dangerfield, Heeney, Mundy, L. McCarthy, Setterfield, Parker (Balta, Drew)

Probably to heavily influenced by JLT.

Hissy17

Draftee
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Backs

Mids

Rucks

Forwards
Moved on Sloane for libba...and upgradeded Neale to Macrae now not sure if want Oliver or Brayshaw ?

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Lloyd, Witherden, Williams, Smith, Collins Logue (Jones, Burgess)
Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, B. Crouch, Liberatore, Walsh, Davies-Uniacke, Constable (Gibbons Bewley)
Grundy, Gawn (Smith, Cameron)
Dangerfield, Heeney, Mundy, L. McCarthy, Setterfield, Parker (Balta, Drew)

Probably to heavily influenced by JLT.
Solid team mate.....Obviously only 1st week of JLT but I reckon there's better value than LDU, but if you're happy with him then go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back