Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie05

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi All, heres my final line up, would love to know obvious issues

Backs: Lloyd, Whitfield, B. Smith, Williams, Collins, Duursma (F. Watson, Hore)
Mids: Macrae, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Taranto, Rockliff, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Wagner, Scott)
Rucks: Grundy, Jacobs (Cameron, Fort)
Forwards: Dangerfield, Billings, Worpel, L. McCarthy, Setterfield, Drew (Parker, Balta)

$19k left

Last edited:

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi All, heres my final line up, would love to know obvious issues

Backs: Lloyd, Whitfield, B. Smith, Williams, Collins, Duursma (F. Watson, Hore)
Mids: Macrae, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Taranto, Rockliff, Liberatore, Walsh, Constable (Wagner, Scott)
Rucks: Grundy, Jacobs (Cameron, Fort)
Forwards: Dangerfield, Billings, Worpel, L. McCarthy, Setterfield, Drew (Parker, Balta)

$19k left
Good mix which could pay off if Rocky & Billings return to form.

Swap Watson for Burgess. Def.

Collins somehow made it back into my side as I think he'll see that much footy coming his way that making a few dollars is a given, plus job security.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Good mix which could pay off if Rocky & Billings return to form.

Swap Watson for Burgess. Def.

Collins somehow made it back into my side as I think he'll see that much footy coming his way that making a few dollars is a given, plus job security.
Any worry that he will play more of a lock down position due to Thompson going down?

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Any worry that he will play more of a lock down position due to Thompson going down?
Indeed, and that's one of the reasons he quickly exited many teams, that and 37pt JLT2.
But I figure, even in a lock down, he's a good intercept mark.
If you're playing in Gold coast's backline and a decent reader of the ball, you shouldn't have too many 30pt games. (There may be some, but surely there's some $)

Too hard to say when he is back but playing VFL this week means it's likely

It felt like insanity to pick Phillips anyway. Just don't think Grundy is worth the money based on his preseason and was assessing all the options.

Crashy

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Adelaide Strikers
generic team

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 263
Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
It felt like insanity to pick Phillips anyway. Just don't think Grundy is worth the money based on his preseason and was assessing all the options.
Other options:
Lycett - Ryder playing forward
Darcy - Sandi injured
Witts - fixtures look good, people think he can up his average
Goldy - seems value if you look at his previous years

Shadow89 is going the Phillips route though I believe so he may be able to talk you back into him. Not sure what his back up plan is if he doesn't make it past round 2 though

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Other options:
Lycett - Ryder playing forward
Darcy - Sandi injured
Witts - fixtures look good, people think he can up his average
Goldy - seems value if you look at his previous years

Shadow89 is going the Phillips route though I believe so he may be able to talk you back into him. Not sure what his back up plan is if he doesn't make it past round 2 though

It'd be something that involves culling one of my mids down to a Cousins/Libba type and then going to whoever I could afford for a Round. I'd be pretty damn unlucky if he couldn't get one extra game when Kreuz hasn't even had a pre-season. Surely they give him one game with half a match to build up, then another with a full game and then his third can be AFL. That's my reckoning anyway. Theoretically then Mummy comes back, and he'll do the job for a while and then I sort out R2 down the line. It's only because Grundy had an injury and a shitty pre-season that I'm even flirting with this idea. If he was fully fit, it'd be suicide

Rise_up_Stiffy

Premiership Player
Sep 3, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I rate those thumbs up a thumbs down...uck.

Oh you meant the team... Haha, nah looks good mate. Would probably be going from Mills to Scrimshaw and Balta to Newnes/Worpel or something similar if it was me, but other than that, all good! :)

I like that option. Mills is a true punt. If scrimmy gets named I'll probably go with that. Thanks mate!

LyonCryin

Draftee
Mar 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thoughts? I've tried to go for a fairly even spread but am a bit worried about going with Smith or Clarke in the ruck. Any advice welcome!
Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 10.08.49 pm.png

bol316

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 11.13.07 AM.png

Hey everybody, whatcha think? I think i managed to balance it out well and have a good amount of keepers while trying to minimize my on-field rookies. Hope you agree!

Thoughts? I've tried to go for a fairly even spread but am a bit worried about going with Smith or Clarke in the ruck. Any advice welcome!
View attachment 638222
I reckon if you’re running with Smith at R2 (if he’s named), you have to swing a link to a playing ruckman in your forward line - e.g. Hoff or Lycett via ruc/fwd on your ruck bench. It’s way too risky otherwise.

Elroy67

Senior List
Apr 5, 2007
Out to lunch
AFL Club
Sydney
My structure keeps changing and it's starting to do my head in. Need some assurance.

D: Lloyd, Crisp, B.Smith, Z.Williams, Ridley, Clark (Scrimshaw, Burgess)

A lot of mid price mayhem going on down here but see more value in those guys and the defender rooks rather than forwards and originally had English rucking but that scares me so went Newman down to Ridley.

M: Cogs, Brayshaw, Crouch, Crouch, Libba, Walsh, C.Jones, Duursma (Constable, Hind)

Happy with mids.

R: Grundy, Goldy (Fort, Xerri)

Tossing up between Goldy and Witts, could even get Gawn if I were to go Ridley down to Hore and play Scrimshaw?

F: Danger, Heeney, Boak, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew (Balta, Parker)

Happy with forwards.

Its a good side. If you are happy with you should back your judgement.

BTW - If you think you are going midprice mayhem in defense, you should see my back 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back