Teams 2019 Rate My Team (RMT) pre-JLT edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second crack at the team.

DEF - Lloyd, Whitfield, Witherden, Williams, Duursma, Collins (Hore, Jones)

MID - Macrae, Cripps, Merrett, Martin, B.Crouch, Walsh, Bewely, Gibbons (Starcevich, Hind)

RUCK - Grundy, Gawn (Cameron, Fort)

FWD - Dangerfield, Dunkley, Elliot, Setterfield, Burgess, Drew (Parker, Petruccelle)

I feel the fwd line is just a tad weak. If Elliot was someone a little closer to a 90-95 type player I would feel a lot more comfortable, but only $46k in the bank.

I dont know if Walsh is a r00k not the way he played I like the team, D Smith i wonder if paying up for him but its a formidable fwd line

Yeah wow, he didn't look out of place hey. Yeah as am I, he too looked good last night though, 40 odd in a half i'd take in JLT. I also may get sucked in to Newman after his performance. Sic down maybe?

Second crack at the team.

DEF - Lloyd, Whitfield, Witherden, Williams, Duursma, Collins (Hore, Jones)

MID - Macrae, Cripps, Merrett, Martin, B.Crouch, Walsh, Bewely, Gibbons (Starcevich, Hind)

RUCK - Grundy, Gawn (Cameron, Fort)

FWD - Dangerfield, Dunkley, Elliot, Setterfield, Burgess, Drew (Parker, Petruccelle)

I feel the fwd line is just a tad weak. If Elliot was someone a little closer to a 90-95 type player I would feel a lot more comfortable, but only $46k in the bank.

Wait and see. If Preuss is playing then you can easily downgrade Gawn and upgrade Elliott which is basically your only weak point. Nice work!

Annoyed Newman has jumped onto a lot of people's radars, had him from the start.

View attachment 627395

Can't see your other 3 defenders in this pic. I was set on Roberton but after Carlisle got injured there's a chance that Robbo plays tall defender instead of the loose +6 accumulating role. Switched to Newman after last night since they're at a similar price.

I like the Yeo and Beams picks, they don't seem to be too popular on here. I'd try and start Gray in the forwards and have another mid rookie in his spot. There seems to be more mid rookies than fwd rookies at the moment. Anything in particular that you like about Ziebell? Kreuzer is good value and I hope he shows something in JLT.

Can't see your other 3 defenders in this pic. I was set on Roberton but after Carlisle got injured there's a chance that Robbo plays tall defender instead of the loose +6 accumulating role. Switched to Newman after last night since they're at a similar price.

I like the Yeo and Beams picks, they don't seem to be too popular on here. I'd try and start Gray in the forwards and have another mid rookie in his spot. There seems to be more mid rookies than fwd rookies at the moment. Anything in particular that you like about Ziebell? Kreuzer is good value and I hope he shows something in JLT.
Yeo not overly popular as he hasn’t had a great preseason. Beams is injury prone and coming into a stacked midfield at pies. Although the Adams news means he could come into peoples considerations although I would say most people will lean towards Treloar due to age and injury history (outside of last year that is)

Quite a few ppl here had McGrath last year.
Now as he enters that awkward price he'll be overlooked but fast forward 12months and I think he'll start to be in plenty of sides. Hardly a big call for a top draft pick but he's trajecting well.

Yeo not overly popular as he hasn’t had a great preseason. Beams is injury prone and coming into a stacked midfield at pies. Although the Adams news means he could come into peoples considerations although I would say most people will lean towards Treloar due to age and injury history (outside of last year that is)

Is Yeo on track for JLT?

Quite a few ppl here had McGrath last year.
Now as he enters that awkward price he'll be overlooked but fast forward 12months and I think he'll start to be in plenty of sides. Hardly a big call for a top draft pick but he's trajecting well.
This could be the year, but i don't thinl i'll be goign there. I reckon it may be a case where he has a slow start to the season (like Brayshaw) and comes raring home, then he'll be a nice underpriced premium next year. I'll grab him then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be the year, but i don't thinl i'll be goign there. I reckon it may be a case where he has a slow start to the season (like Brayshaw) and comes raring home, then he'll be a nice underpriced premium next year. I'll grab him then.
Also have to keep in mind that essendons best three midfielders all played very limited minutes. Something like 36%, 39% and 51%

Sorry, it's Lloyd, Newman and Witherden.

And yeah I've actually shifted Gray forward now.

Actually loving this build at the moment:

DEF: Whit, Newman, McGrath, Williams, Duursma, Hore (Jones, 170K)

MID: Bray, Steele, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Miles, Walsh, Constable (Gibbons, Hind)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Clark, Fort)

FWD: Danger, Mundy, Billings, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew (Parker, Burgess)

So much cash to be made from so many of these picks. Gawn is a placeholder, along with Clark, which frees up 450K if I decide to go to English and Sweet/Cameron

MID: Bray, Steele, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Miles, Walsh, Constable (Gibbons, Hind)

So much cash to be made from so many of these picks. Gawn is a placeholder, along with Clark, which frees up 450K if I decide to go to English and Sweet/Cameron
Interesting.

Very, very boom/bust ain't it?

I think you *might* be able to get away with it in fwd/def but I'd personally want some bigger guns in the middle. Don't think I'd be confident captaining a single one (maybe Bray if his tagging is behind him completely?) which puts a lot of pressure on a potentially underdone Grundy and Gawn who we seem to think will regress.

Very, very boom/bust ain't it?

I think you *might* be able to get away with it in fwd/def but I'd personally want some bigger guns in the middle. Don't think I'd be confident captaining a single one (maybe Bray if his tagging is behind him completely?) which puts a lot of pressure on a potentially underdone Grundy and Gawn who we seem to think will regress.

Yeah, just pre-JLT fun haha. I change my team about once a day, at least

People seem to forget that Danger is a pretty viable option for a consistent captain. Can average 120 playing full-time mid.

Interesting stat that's been covered before as well, is that most of the top uber-premo mids (bar Titch) - Danger, Ablett, Zerrett, Dusty, Adams, Kelly, (albeit only by 8 thousand) Duncan, Gibbs etc. all dropped in price and weren't the top 8 mids by years end. This year, the top mids in descending order (not including Titch) were all around 750K or below.

Off the top of my head this is the comparison:

Macrae 2018 - 732K / Macrae 2019 - 890K
Gaff 2018 - (around the 700 mark, can't remember exactly) / Gaff 2019 - 803K
Cogs 2018 - 663K / Cogs 2019 - 801K
Cripps 2018 - 690K / Cripps 2019 - 793K
Oliver 2018 - 730K (or so) / Oliver 2019 - 792K
J Kelly 2018 - 795K / J Kelly 2019 - 787K
Treloar 2018 - 761K / Treloar 2019 - 787K
Ross 2018 - 710K (or so) / Ross 2019 - 779K
Yeo 2018 - 692K / Yeo 2019 - 775K
Dev Smith 2018 - 575K / Dev Smith 2019 - 774K
Danger 2018 - 849K / Danger 2019 - 771K
Beams 2018 - 736K / Beams 2019 - 768K
Hunter 2018 - 700K (or so) / Hunter 2019 - 765K
Angus Brayshaw 2018 - 450K (or so) / Angus Brayshaw 2019 - 763K
Matt Crouch 2018 - 752K / Matt Crouch 2019 - 761K
Ablett 2018 - 837K / Ablett 2019 - 754K
Gibbs 2018 - 790K / Gibbs 2019 - 753K

Of all of the above, only Treloar and Crouch increased their averages as premos at 750K or above in 2018, and they were still at the lower end of the scale at 761 and 752K respectively. Meaning that everyone else dropped, who was above 750K. I kinda see that trend continuing this year, with Cripps, Danger, Bray and possibly Macrae and Crouch being the exceptions

Yeah, just pre-JLT fun haha. I change my team about once a day, at least

People seem to forget that Danger is a pretty viable option for a consistent captain. Can average 120 playing full-time mid.

Interesting stat that's been covered before as well, is that most of the top uber-premo mids (bar Titch) - Danger, Ablett, Zerrett, Dusty, Adams, Kelly, (albeit only by 8 thousand) Duncan, Gibbs etc. all dropped in price and weren't the top 8 mids by years end. This year, the top mids in descending order (not including Titch) were all around 750K or below.

Off the top of my head this is the comparison:

Macrae 2018 - 732K / Macrae 2019 - 890K
Gaff 2018 - (around the 700 mark, can't remember exactly) / Gaff 2019 - 803K
Cogs 2018 - 663K / Cogs 2019 - 801K
Cripps 2018 - 690K / Cripps 2019 - 793K
Oliver 2018 - 730K (or so) / Oliver 2019 - 792K
J Kelly 2018 - 795K / J Kelly 2019 - 787K
Treloar 2018 - 761K / Treloar 2019 - 787K
Ross 2018 - 710K (or so) / Ross 2019 - 779K
Yeo 2018 - 692K / Yeo 2019 - 775K
Dev Smith 2018 - 575K / Dev Smith 2019 - 774K
Danger 2018 - 849K / Danger 2019 - 771K
Beams 2018 - 736K / Beams 2019 - 768K
Hunter 2018 - 700K (or so) / Hunter 2019 - 765K
Angus Brayshaw 2018 - 450K (or so) / Angus Brayshaw 2019 - 763K
Matt Crouch 2018 - 752K / Matt Crouch 2019 - 761K
Ablett 2018 - 837K / Ablett 2019 - 754K
Gibbs 2018 - 790K / Gibbs 2019 - 753K

Of all of the above, only Treloar and Crouch increased their averages as premos at 750K or above in 2018, and they were still at the lower end of the scale at 761 and 752K respectively. Meaning that everyone else dropped, who was above 750K. I kinda see that trend continuing this year, with Cripps, Danger, Bray and possibly Macrae and Crouch being the exceptions
Nice research.

If you want to update your data, you can use data view on dtlive. But your point is interesting regardless of the minor detail

Wait and see. If Preuss is playing then you can easily downgrade Gawn and upgrade Elliott which is basically your only weak point. Nice work!

Guess that would also depend on whether or not I think Pruess is going to outscore Elliot.

Last year aside, Elliot has put up averages of 76, 78 and 84 and is priced at an average of around 53.

Staying on the park is obviously an issue but if he stays fit there is no reason he can't put up a similar average to those other three years.

Ok, so as above, I also thought 1 too many good players for cap, but $38k spare, geez.

I've said it before, when you see a side that screams "no way that fits the cap"
Then it's a very well put together side.

Already having to change with the Adams injury throwing spanners in the works. Thinking downgrade Rozee to a 170k and move Adams to Cripps. Hope the backline isn’t slightly weak now

This is basically the exact structure I’m currently rolling with. A very similar team too. Think this year could (maybe) be year of the midpricer. Honestly it’s just crazy how much value there is this year. All those blokes you have are pretty much value for money and seriously have merit in picking rather than being overly speculative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back