Autopsy 2019 Rd 1 vs Richmond - Improved Blues go down by 33 points

Which players did you like the look of in Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty left to work on, mostly the kicking to advantage. Still have a few that sit back and watch rather than hunting the contest.

Middle two quarters showed some promise.

Couple of older players looked short of a gallop ... or the game is passing them by. The younger blokes showed a bit, need to extend it to longer periods during the game.

Should push the middle of the road teams pretty hard.

1. I’m sick of seeing Marc Murphy laughing and smiling with the opposition after we lose.

2. We got reamed by the umpires in the first quarter.

3. I’ve stuck with and advocated for Bolton since the start, I’m not convinced after tonight. They lost rance and we closed to within 13 points and he kept them playing that slow down the side kick to the pocket from a kickoit game plan. He has no idea seriously.

I don’t think it’s the game plan that sees players lack the confidence or the will to take the game on

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We were better tonight than many expected it looked like a 100 point loss at one stage but we fought it out..
A few lacking fitness playing a 3rd choice ruckman and 6 newbies made it hard also a few well down who could do better...
I think the new players all showed something some will need to gain fitness and the likes of Newman Walsh Cuningham and Setterfield showed we have got something to look forward too...

More or less what we expected given the differences in the 'good' type of experience.
As usual any half decision that could benefit them they get. And some that are outright charity.
Never seen a side so arsey. Ball hits legs or arms of a pack...falls into their path 50 times at least. Thats luck and nothing else.
But in the end they just had too much system. If they play like that every week though they wont be top 4.

We will improve rapidly. A few that needed the run.

1. I’m sick of seeing Marc Murphy laughing and smiling with the opposition after we lose.

2. We got reamed by the umpires in the first quarter.

3. I’ve stuck with and advocated for Bolton since the start, I’m not convinced after tonight. They lost rance and we closed to within 13 points and he kept them playing that slow down the side kick to the pocket from a kickoit game plan. He has no idea seriously.
where do we send your mail after the username change?

I was dows biggest fan at the start of last year. He fumbles WAY too much for a top line player. He is reminding me of a better sam kerridge. Absolutely killed us a few times tonight. He's set shot was horrid too.

Hope he pulls it together. Must be a confidence player because I've seen him do some judd like stuff.
Knew he wouldn't kick that goal. Last year would have been out on the full so has improved

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was dows biggest fan at the start of last year. He fumbles WAY too much for a top line player. He is reminding me of a better sam kerridge. Absolutely killed us a few times tonight. He's set shot was horrid too.

Hope he pulls it together. Must be a confidence player because I've seen him do some judd like stuff.
Really, the kid is a gun

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

He did a huge amount of work in the clinches and played out the game which he struggled to do last year. Yes, he fumbled but he wasn’t alone there. I’m not worried about Dow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Were we really improved?? I really dont think so, this is the best list we have had in years on PAPER. But the output was equal to or below much of what we served up last year with an inferior list.

Dont let the good 35 mins of footy fool you. That was a piss weak display tonight.

I think it's just easier to ignore the first and last quarter's. But a quick summary of each, the first quarter we started flat and they were gifted 4 goals. As a young side that deflated us a lot. The last I thought we would fight and honestly we just quit. The effort was not there.

Overall I don't understand why we were adamant about running the ball along the boundary. We had a number of out on the fulls as a result and Richmond towards the end just stacked the boundary line. It was stupid initially and predictable and stupid by the end.

Really liked the games of Walsh, Cuningham, Cripps, McKay, Newman and Fish stood out for me. McKay for the atrocious ball he gets kicked to him clunked a few. Honestly the three tall setup will not work with our kicking and lack of smalls. The ball going in is so bad at times the big forwards can't even make a contest.

Phillips has not taken the opportunity when they have presented themselves. He is not an AFL ruckman. No two ways about it.

Back