Autopsy 2019 Rd 1 vs Richmond - Improved Blues go down by 33 points

Which players did you like the look of in Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day our poor entries into the 50 and our deplorable skills killed us.

Didn’t see much of a fitness improvement in the last quarter either.

Anyway Walsh was great. Setters looks great. Cunners was great. Dow had moments. So did Fish. It’s not all resting on Crippa now. And if we hit our targets it would have been a closer game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. I’m sick of seeing Marc Murphy laughing and smiling with the opposition after we lose.

2. We got reamed by the umpires in the first quarter.

3. I’ve stuck with and advocated for Bolton since the start, I’m not convinced after tonight. They lost rance and we closed to within 13 points and he kept them playing that slow down the side kick to the pocket from a kickoit game plan. He has no idea seriously.

Frustrating.

Horrible first and last quarters but looked so much better in 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Newman was awesome on debut, exactly what we need of half-back. Thought Simmo and Daisy were good as well. Weitering was solid all night as well. Charlie had his worst night I've seen, needs to reset during the week. Thought McGovern and McKay worked into the game but a lot to do there still.

Walsh and Settersfield just great on debut for us. Really impressed with both.

Swap Garlett out for next week, didn't do enough. SPS on thin ice as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing overall.

Good second and third quarters, terrible in the first and last.

Positives- Walsh playing like a 200 gamer in his DEBUT.
Murph, Simmo and Daisy showed their leadership and experience.
Newman slotted in perfectly.
The big HMac was great, also thought Gov showed good signs.
Setters was decent

Negatives- So so sloppy with some of our disposal.
Dropped off horribly in the last, it’s the first game of the year but still not a great sign.
Philipps is a C grade ruckman, get Lobbe or Kreuz in ASAP. He’s hopeless around the ground.
Charlie needs a serious talking to after that disgusting effort. Lift.
Cunners making some bad decisions leading directly to opposition goals.
Zac Fisher. Mate. If you do one of those dinky 5 metres kicks again I’m gonna go insane.
Plowman pretty bad for the most part as well, don’t see the hype.

That last quarter really hurt after a very solid second and third quarter comeback. Some very good positives coupled with some negatives. We had enough counter attack opportunities to basically level or even be in front by three quarter but some errant passing or dropped marks cost us.
That usual final quarter press from the tigers was immense.

Back