5 G. Miers - good early when we were sloppy, helped turn things around with 2 match-turning goals (and added a 3rd later for good measure)
4 T. Stewart - was just ridiculously good.
3 E. Ratugolea - they used to have the disclaimer sometimes in the Truth or the Sun 'best on ground (until injured)' back in the day - Esava not quite BOG but he was another that forcefully swung momentum in our favor after a tardy start
2 T. Hawkins - ho hum, 4 goals, assists and forward pressure. Tom Lynch must've been taking notes up the other end.
1 P. Dangerfield - weight of numbers gets him this vote; he was pretty good, preferred his game last week but we mark the champs hardest.
5. Danger- stealing votes off Kelly often now.
4. Kelly- smooth as Silk
1. GAJ-sheer class
1. Miers- lovable
1. Parfitt- got us going when it was tough
1. Stewart- ongoing AA form
1. Duncan- redeemed himself after a horrendous start
1. Hawkins- no opponent, but what a presence
Sav was bog before going off.
Our defence must be in the votes, just superb.
5. Miers. His smart brain and clean skills kept us in the game.
4. Sav. Contested marks and kicking turned the game.
3. Danger. Tough muthaf**ker. Can't kick.
2. Kelly. Smooth and silky. Can kick on the left.
1. Dollhouse. Little machine. Runs himself into the ground.
HM to Guthrie. First player to figure out to soccer in the conditions.