Denver Broncos, Red Bull Racing
We have

a CEO who criticises some of the supporter base instead of lifting his hand

a coach who is aloof and insists on playing key players out of position

a forward line based around an undisciplined key forward

a player in Constable who we could loose because he was not given a go

a finals record that is embarrassing.

the culture of the club has changed.

but it is not OK to state what you think in these days of censorship.
where?

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Milburn

Premiership Player
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
We have

We have
a CEO who is upset at a small group of mindless trolls

a coach that has been able to get the best out of the players we have

a section of entitled "fans" who simply cannot win with humility nor lose with humour

a group of young players with promise and a group of senior players who are still hungry

a record of reaching finals that is the envy of the majority clubs, despite not having access to the best draft picks

A club culture that has changed for the better

BUSTER29

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Perth/ Pilbara
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi Colin.
We have
a CEO who is upset at a small group of mindless trolls

a coach that has been able to get the best out of the players we have

a section of entitled "fans" who simply cannot win with humility nor lose with humour

a group of young players with promise and a group of senior players who are still hungry

a record of reaching finals that is the envy of the majority clubs, despite not having access to the best draft picks

A club culture that has changed for the better
On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

steady2

Club Legend
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
We have

Nothing wrong with criticising people who make personal and spiteful attacks on players and officials. As Cook pointed out, they are a tiny minority. The two issues are not related and are mutually exclusive, however I'm not sure what you think Cook should put his hand up for, he is not a player nor a coach.
I disagree with the aloof claim, no player nor ex-player has made that claim. Yes, some of his selection decisions this year and on some occasions previously have been terrible. I hope he learns from this.
Steady on. His mental breakdown occured once, unfortunately at the wrong time. He was still our leading goalkicker and an AA this year.
I expect Constable to be let loose in the seniors a lot more next year. Are you claiming a contracted player is leaving the club?
That is true, still superior to most other clubs who regularly fail to make the finals.
You would need to extrapolate on this statement.
I see. So if your post was censored why is it here and why am I replying?

dazbroncos

Max Rooke Appreciation Society
Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles and Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Red Bull Racing
We have

If you abused a person on here the way they were allegedly abused you be banned from here permanently too.

Dont see the issue myself.

GO Catters

Footy_Fan2007

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2008
Sin City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No One
The season started off really well.

We had a lot of young talent getting games and they were holding their own.

Unfortunately like most years instead of focusing on development we go back to the same ole players and the same poor tactics.

Constable got left to rot in the VFL, Clark got moved up the ground and the likes of Bews were fit back in the team.

Instead of bringing in players early like Narkle and Kreuger we went back to the likes of Scooter and Henderson. Menegola got back in early instead of going with Constable. Parsons played his best game against the Swans and then got dropped.

The team started playing too risk averse and we were filling the team with defenders.

Towards the end of the year it all started falling apart, instead of sticking with Stanley in the ruck Blicavs got moved just so Henderson could stay in.

Was just amateur hour again, once pressure goes up even the MC stop making good decisions. Finals ended up being business as usual, poor selections, a game plan that doesn't hold up in finals and players who cant play under pressure.

If this club is to make real improvements it needs to focus on development. We need to be playing kids instead of the usual mediocre players like Scooter, Henderson, Bews, Menegola,Tuohy etc.

We need to stick with strict structures like having a 3rd marking forward, a couple of defenders who can kick, wingers who have an outside game. It's not that hard to keep the same structures every week. We wont win as many games but we will have a better balanced team.

Senior players need to miss out when they dont fit in, stop moving defenders into different positions. Sometimes you need to play lesser players like Parsons, Kreuger or Fort because they fit the role better.

Stop trying to win every game when the structures dont hold up in finals. It's embarrassing to spend each year betting against your team during finals because you know they will under perform.
I’ve been a pretty harsh critic of Tuohy but I though he was one of our best players this final series.

ButterMill

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Would love a draft profile deep write up by on our first year players by the club, with highlights cut together. Selfishly it would help us fans that wasn't to assess what we have, against what we think we need. Really keen to learn more about Jarvis, Kennerley, Tarca etc after a year in the system.

Top Bottom