Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Cumberland top 5 in the afl: goals / assists p game
I would probably wait a bit longer before crowning him. Rowell looked like a Brownlow Medallist in his first few games and has never hit those heights again. Rozee is similar. When teams start cottoning on to Cumberland's game, he's going to find it harder. How he responds to that will be his true test.

I would probably wait a bit longer before crowning him. Rowell looked like a Brownlow Medallist in his first few games and has never hit those heights again. Rozee is similar. When teams start cottoning on to Cumberland's game, he's going to find it harder. How he responds to that will be his true test.

Not crowning him. At the end of the day, the game is about giving off and kicking goals. Cumberland top5 is pretty good coming off an ACL. He's also put up some nice work on the vfl which looks promising going forward.

Rowell is a gun. Good company for Noah.

We will see how much time the oppo can put into noah but they might have their hands full if the focus goes toward bolton. Lynch. Rioli. Etc

Maybe it was Noah Cumberland with the rarest skill set in the AFL and not Noah Balta?

Still balta or bolton for mine.

Noahs combination of speed agility goals ability to play middle etc. Is quite good however - thanks Brisbane
The academy doing a good job and widening the player pool ;)

I think we took Prior just before Cumberland which still pretty comfortable with. I think with our forward line, Cumberland would struggled to have got game time

Dare I say, super draft?
It looks good but still a bit weaker than some of the ones around it IMO. Increasingly it feels like more drafts are good than meh/bad at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three season done

B: John Noble (MSD Pick 14) - Sam De Koning (21 games) - Keidean Coleman (Pick 37)
HB: Lachlan Ash (Pick 4) - Hayden Young (Pick 7) - Will Day (Pick 13)
C: Marlion Pickett (MSD Pick 13) - Tom Green (Pick 10) - Chad Warner (Pick 39)
HF: Brad Close (RD Pick 14) - Mitch Georgiades (Pick 18) - Michael Frederick (Pick 61)
F: Kysaiah Pickett (Pick 12) - Harrison Jones (Pick 30) - Cody Weightman (Pick 15)
R: Luke Jackson (Pick 3) - Noah Anderson (Pick 2) - Caleb Serong (Pick 8)
I: Matt Rowell (Pick 1) - Noah Cumberland (Pick 43) - Trent Rivers (Pick 32) - Harry Schoenberg (Pick 24)

E: Connor Budarick (RD Pick 16) - Miles Bergman (Pick 14) - Jy Farrar (Pick 60) - Dylan Stephens (Pick 5)

Serong, Warner and Anderson the big three out of this draft so far imo. Going on who'd be the best, I'd choose Serong because he consistently has major impact on big games and can even crack the bog like he did last night or the close derby last year.
Young should be right up there too. Missed his first two seasons with injury so doesn't get talked about as much, but he looks like a seasoned veteran in defence. Probably the best young defender in the league right now.

Young should be right up there too. Missed his first two seasons with injury so doesn't get talked about as much, but he looks like a seasoned veteran in defence. Probably the best young defender in the league right now.
Agreed, I forgot about him but he's a gun already. Dockers did great to end up with two elite players + Frederick late in the draft.

Serong huge once again
32d 15 of contested
11 clearances 8 score involvements
And ran at 75% eff which For an inside mid is great kicked a good goal to.
His an absolute ⭐ would love to have him at port has to be in the conversation as the best of the lot from his draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back