Prediction 2019 Rising Star winner discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

l

A lot of players with high ceilings never reach their ceilings to be honest, like Andrew Walker and Chad Wingard.

Very happy with Walsh. Wouldn't swap him for anyone else, I don't see the need for people to constantly downplay Walsh's talent and the record breaking season he has had. You don't have to sell us on how good Rozee and Smith are.
You don’t have to get offended, I just don’t think he is that good compared to the other rookies. Considering this is a rising star thread comparing rookies goes on a lot. If you can’t handle that best leave.

Good at getting touches but doesn’t impact on the game as much as others, has an average kick at best. Just prefer the other 3 rising stars

Walsh will very likely finish 2nd in our BNF.. What is the highest a rookie has finished in the club bnf before...

Also what is the record for brownlow votes?
I'm gonna do something unconventional in this thread and actually engage without talking down another player.

For recent players, Aaron Naughton finished 4th in the Dogs best and fairest in his first season, not sure who has achieved higher. Tim Kelly narrowly missed Geelong's best and fairest in his first season, coming equal second, although he was a mature ager.

You don’t have to get offended, I just don’t think he is that good compared to the other rookies. Considering this is a rising star thread comparing rookies goes on a lot. If you can’t handle that best leave.

Good at getting touches but doesn’t impact on the game as much as others, has an average kick at best. Just prefer the other 3 rising stars

Believe what you want, Walsh will win the Rising Star by a record number of votes. He has had one of the most composed and consistent years by a 19 year old that I have ever seen.

Today has been by far his worst game of the season and he has still racked up 18 possies up to 3 Quarter time..

Rozee has gone through weeks without having any impact on games at all

Believe what you want, Walsh will win the Rising Star by a record number of votes. He has had one of the most composed and consistent years by a 19 year old that I have ever seen.

Today has been by far his worst game of the season and he has still racked up 18 possies up to 3 Quarter time..

Rozee has gone through weeks without having any impact on games at all
Yeah Rozee plays in the forward line, if port didn’t have a midfield like Carlton he could play in the middle and get cheap touches like Walsh all day as well. Unfortunately when the ball doesn’t get to the forward line all day of course Rozee will struggle some weeks in his first year.

He has kicked 27 goals so to claim he hasn’t been consistent is a bit silly.

In the end Walsh is a stat gatherer that has an average kick. Their is nothing special about him other than the amount of ball he gets. Rozee, Smith and Stack impact the game far more. Just my preference. Obviously the judges will probably go with Walsh purely because of his disposal numbers but if I had to pick I would pick the first three over Walsh

Yeah Rozee plays in the forward line, if port didn’t have a midfield like Carlton he could play in the middle and get cheap touches like Walsh all day as well. Unfortunately when the ball doesn’t get to the forward line all day of course Rozee will struggle some weeks in his first year.

In the end Walsh is a stat gatherer that has an average kick. Their is nothing special about him other than the amount of ball he gets. Rozee, Smith and Stack impact the game far more. Just my preference. Obviously the judges will probably go with Walsh purely because of his disposal numbers but if I had to pick I would pick the first three over Walsh

Well that is fair enough, but honestly I think Walsh is more of a state padder, last couple of weeks he seems to have dropped off a bit, but just has been terrific year.

Think in any other year Rozee would have won it tbh, him and Duursma and Butters is a terrific trio to build a team around.

Hopefully u guys get rid of the bum Ken soon, be interesting to see how they perform under a new, inventive and decent coach.

You basically said you wouldn't trade an objective worse player for an objectively better player.

That would be bad list management.

And here we have somebody who doesn't know what the word 'objective' means.

I think it’s a bit of a joke to say Walsh is getting cheap touches when he’s top 40 in the comp for contested possessions as a skinny kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't "impact the game" yet is leading the Rising Star eligible players in the AFLCA award which suggests that the Coaches disagree with you. But hey, I am sure you know better than they do .....

I see the Dick measuring contest is still going... Ahh what the hell

The way i see it Walsh wins easily

Walsh 1st
Miers second
3rd is a raffle between Rozee/Stack/Smith

lol

Rozee/Stack/Smith all clearly better than Miers in the eyes of any non-Geelong fan. And I'd take Zurhaar over him too.

If you need help answering this then you really are clueless. Perhaps its best you stick to tic tac toe.
What's the problem? Lewy Taylor won the Rising Star 5 years ago over Bontempelli, even though the Bont was clearly a far better player.

lol

Rozee/Stack/Smith all clearly better than Miers in the eyes of any non-Geelong fan. And I'd take Zurhaar over him too.

Miers is having a better season than Stack, who did get overrated big time by the fairytale Media Street train who literally creamed themselves over every possie he got.

Miers has been ultra consistent in a very strong Geelong team, not as good as Rozee or Smith, but still having a terrific season..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back