2019 Rolling All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

who do you think has had the better year between him and ryan?

They play diffrent roles in the team but for AA contention in their respective position i'll definitely give it to Pearce he is the best keyback we had since Mcpharlin and has more upside than him. He has got some serious pace as well for a KPD, sometimes even goes for the old KB's handball over the top to himself he is that quick.

If you have a team without Jack Billings in it, just delete it and start again....could very well be leading the brownlow at the moment.

Has to be starting on the wing in every side.

From a Collingwood perspective, Moore is turning into a terrific defender, turning into being the operative words in that sentence. If he had the history of some of the other great defenders maybe he could get a look in, but as it stands you really need to do something exceptional to push out a McGovern or the like. I hate how the AA has turned into a service award but that's just the way it is. Great player and will be around that mark next year if he continues this form in my opinion.

Treloar was probably overrated when he first came to the Pies but now seems underrated because of that. He's a great player is really starting to do some damage with his disposal (4th in the AFL for effective disposals) which was really the main knock on him. Outside of that the same few are in the discussion (Grundy and De Goey), not sure Sidebottom or Beams have done enough.

1555986663687.png

Probably being a bit bias in including Pearce. The key defender positions are going to be very competitive I feel so I can get away with it here.

Sheppard (Eagles) is one I would most like to be able to squeeze in but just misses out.

Of the teams I have no one from, I think only Essendon would be unlucky but I suppose you pay for not turning up two out of the 5 rounds. North and Melbourne dont have anyone close I dont think and Adelaides best players have been the Crouch brothers who couldnt push any of the named mids out

AA ruck would be out of Grundy and McEvoy on current form

No contest between the two if we're judging on actual ruckwork.

And no, marks and goals aren't ruckwork. They're part of the game, but they're icing for a ruckman, not the actual cake.

McEvoy is a good footballer, but he's never been a good ruckman. It's part of why St Kilda were (somewhat surprisingly to some) willing to trade him originally.

And yeah, good on him for making it work within Hawthorn's system, being a Premiership player, etc.

View attachment 660364

Probably being a bit bias in including Pearce. The key defender positions are going to be very competitive I feel so I can get away with it here.

Sheppard (Eagles) is one I would most like to be able to squeeze in but just misses out.

Of the teams I have no one from, I think only Essendon would be unlucky but I suppose you pay for not turning up two out of the 5 rounds. North and Melbourne dont have anyone close I dont think and Adelaides best players have been the Crouch brothers who couldnt push any of the named mids out

Not bias to include Pearce who has been very good and is in the conversation, however, from what I have watched outside of the concussion game Hamling hasn't been beaten at all? It's impossible to say which players are on which for each goal/mark over 4 quarters due to rotations etc, but from what I have seen Pearce probably has had a couple extra kicked on him compared to Hamling. He'd be my Docker FB selection. Dockers do have quite the riches of tall players right now.

Not that he'd be in the 22 but Cunnington is surely in the squad or at least considered close.
League leader in contested possessions and stoppage clearances, 2nd for total clearances, =6th for total effective disposals (only others top 10 for both CP and effective disposals are Neale and Boak), =6th for centre clearances, =14th in score involvements.
Wouldn't let his cheap shots cloud judgement of his brilliant form. Definitely a top 5 inside mid for the year, wouldn't argue he's ahead of Fyfe/Cripps/Neale/Boak so he doesn't make the 22 right now but he's next in line.
Gawn for Melbourne would be their closest.

Saad would have to be mounting a case for one of the back flank positions. Has been great in every game this season (Was one of our only good players in the first 2)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mccevoy getting destroyed by an average ruck who hasn't played a game in ages.

LOL. But he's still AA quality though.

ROUND 6 UPDATE

B: Tom Stewart (Geelong) Liam Jones (Carlton) James Sicily (Hawthorn)
HB: Shannon Hurn (West Cost) Alex Pearce (Fremantle) Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
C: Tim Kelly (Geelong) Patrick Cripps (Carlton) Jack Billings (St Kilda)
HF: Issac Heeney (Sydney) Jeremy Cameron (GWS) Michael Walters (Fremantle)
FF: Gary Rohan (Geelong) Jordan De Goey (Collingwood) Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Essendon)
FOLL: Brodie Grundy (Collingwood) Travis Boak (Port Adelaide) Lachie Neale (Brisbane)
I/C: Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs) Adam Saad (Essendon) Tom Rockliff (Port Adelaide) Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)

ROUND 6 UPDATE

B: Tom Stewart (Geelong) Liam Jones (Carlton) James Sicily (Hawthorn)
HB: Shannon Hurn (West Cost) Alex Pearce (Fremantle) Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
C: Tim Kelly (Geelong) Patrick Cripps (Carlton) Jack Billings (St Kilda)
HF: Issac Heeney (Sydney) Jeremy Cameron (GWS) Michael Walters (Fremantle)
FF: Gary Rohan (Geelong) Jordan De Goey (Collingwood) Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Essendon)
FOLL: Brodie Grundy (Collingwood) Travis Boak (Port Adelaide) Lachie Neale (Brisbane)
I/C: Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs) Adam Saad (Essendon) Tom Rockliff (Port Adelaide) Nat Fyfe (Fremantle)
Changes from last round

IN: Liam Jones, Alex Pearce, Gary Rohan

OUT: Tom Lynch, Phil Davis, Jeremy McGovern

please let me know who you think i should change if you dont agree, some players not in that ive considered too
defs: Brodie Smith, Jake Lloyd, Dylan Grimes
mids: Adam Treloar, Stephen Coniglio, Scott Pendlebury
fwds: Gary Ablett, Brad Ebert, Brandon Matera

Moore's stats are pumped up by the number of kick outs he takes per game (more disposals but less possessions).
Not sure how that would pump up his DE stats. He rarely takes an easy chip to the pocket. Often he kicks it long, and if anything, this will damage his DE stat more.

And you can easily say that Weitering's intercept stats are pumped up because Carlton are a worse team and therefore concede more inside 50s, allowing more opportunities to take the intercept marks.

Stats aren't a reliable indicator of KPD defenders tbh.

Not sure how that would pump up his DE stats. He rarely takes an easy chip to the pocket. Often he kicks it long, and if anything, this will damage his DE stat more.

And you can easily say that Weitering's intercept stats are pumped up because Carlton are a worse team and therefore concede more inside 50s, allowing more opportunities to take the intercept marks.

Stats aren't a reliable indicator of KPD defenders tbh.
Kicks over 40 metres, as long as they're not an intercept mark, are counted as an effective disposal.

Their are 3 locks at the moment, Cripps, Neale and Grundy, the other 19 spots are all debatable.

Their are 3 locks at the moment, Cripps, Neale and Grundy, the other 19 spots are all debatable.
Cameron is a lock as of round 6. The guy is 7 goals ahead of his nearest competitor, averages mor disposals than anybody in the top 8 goal kickers has more MI50 than anybody else.

Mccevoy getting destroyed by an average ruck who hasn't played a game in ages.

LOL. But he's still AA quality though.

Couple of things
1. Kreuzer played the week before.
2. He's not average, he's in the top 3 or 4 ruckman in the league when fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back