2019 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

All of the following under $250k players will most likely play round 1:

DEF: Moore, Ridley, Rozee, Collins, Cumming, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma, McKay, Hore

MID: Cousins, Walsh, Davies-Uniacke, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins

FWD: Setterfield, Burgess, Balta, Drew, Petruccelle, Parker

Decent pool. Any I should remove or add?
Jonathon Marsh

DEF: Moore, Ridley, Rozee, Collins, Cumming, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma, McKay, Hore

Current setup

Considering we trialled Scott Selwood in Atkins’ role for the elimination final last year, it’s safe to say our defensive forward stocks are thin as ****.

His main competition would probably be Narkle, Jones or Miers at this stage, and he has runs on the board compared to all of them. As the club really wants to emphasise forward pressure, something we were woeful at last year, the only way I see him getting dropped for any of them is if our scoring dries up and they want more dangerous, crumbing forwards.

To me Constable’s JS is more shaky, but still ok. I think a fit Cockatoo, Scott Selwood or Fogarty push him out, and the Geelong MC really rate Cunico and Parsons as well (they’re more outside players tho). Some strong VFL form from them early + a Barry Crocker from him and he’d be nervous I reckon.
'A fit Cockatoo' don't be silly.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nick Hind?

Is Collins, Clark, Scrimshaw and Duursma too much to spend on D5 to D8?
Think so... that puts Scrimshaw at 150k on the bench. Would rather a pleb like Hore, Mckay or Burgess and spend the cash elsewhere on field. Not sure who to drop out of Collins and Scrimshaw on field. Collins has great JS tho which you need from onfield rookie.

I know it's not like for like, but is he the most likely one to come out for May in round 2 at this stage? It seems there are a few rookies who will play R1 but only likely to do so due to injured players who are a couple of weeks away.

He and may both played in the same side JLT2, I can see frost taking mays spot round 1 and then being replaced by him round 2.

Moore, Hore, Cousins, Cumming could appeal to some.

813339.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marsh officially signed with St Kilda
Are we certain he plays? Austin played a VFL practice match last weekend. They have as good as confirmed Joyce will play. Robertson unclear, but if he plays surely that rules Marsh out. Even if Marsh does get picked rd1, what happens when Brown returns from suspension?

Are we certain he plays? Austin played a VFL practice match last weekend. They have as good as confirmed Joyce will play. Robertson unclear, but if he plays surely that rules Marsh out. Even if Marsh does get picked rd1, what happens when Brown returns from suspension?

Roberton is out for the season. Marsh plays IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back