2019 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I read somewhere Valente was some ways behind getting AFL games ??.....can't remember where I saw it ?
He had growing pains/a groin niggle that seems cleared up

He seems to be highly rated internally, Fyfe voted him for rising star in that captains poll, coupled with being the only first year player training with our main group ATM (rip Bewley...) it feels like he's closer than anticipated - unfortunately for supercoach reasoms

I have Burgess at D9 to swing with Moore at F4.

I was thinking of bringing Liba back in at M6 and getting rid one of Oliver\Fyfe\M.Crouch so I can then upgrade Balta to Billings and have Setterfield at F6 instead but then the midfield looks a bit weaker.
Too deep plus everyone other than Danger and Heendawgz are shite

who is every rolling with at the moment?

with no confidence at all, I have:

Clark, Duursma (Burgess, Hore E)
Walsh, Drew (Constable E, Scott, Atkins)
(Bines)
Setterfield, Balta (Petruccelle E, Parker)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With even less confidence...

Clark, Duursma (Burgess, Hore)
Butters, Constable (Scott, Atkins, Gibbons)
(Sweet)
Setterfield (Drew, Parker)

Thinking about changing Scott to Hind, what do you guys reckon?

(Bines)

Collins, Clark, Duursma (Hore E, Burgess)
Walsh, Butters, Constable (Scott E, Atkins, Gibbons)
(Bines)
Setterfield, Drew (Petrucelle E, Parker)

Have no faith in Scrimshaw or Balta playing

(Bines)

At the moment

Clark, Joyce (McKay, Hore)

Walsh, Butters, Atkins (Constable, Scott, Duursma)

Setterfield, Drew (Balta, Parker)

(Bines)
I have exactly the same with one extra being Butters inc Drew in the Mid

Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark (Duursma, Burgess)
Walsh, Constable (Atkins, Hind, Gibbons)
(Bines)

Not sold at all on the bold. Gibbons wasting away in a forward pocket will not score well, no guarantees Hind will play, and Drew is a good chance of going straight out when Wines is right.

As for some others, not sure Scott is going to play, Petruccelle seems like he'll be straight out when Cripps is right (Was listed as 2-3 weeks just under a week ago), and even though it's not like-for-like, I'm worried Hore will be straight out for May in R2. Rozee too expensive, and Balta is not going to play with Lynch in the side most likely.

It probably gets said every year, but the rookies really are terrible this year.

Frost will be out for May in R2

Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark (Duursma, Burgess)
Walsh, Constable (Atkins, Hind, Gibbons)
(Bines)

Not sold at all on the bold. Gibbons wasting away in a forward pocket will not score well, no guarantees Hind will play, and Drew is a good chance of going straight out when Wines is right.

As for some others, not sure Scott is going to play, Petruccelle seems like he'll be straight out when Cripps is right (Was listed as 2-3 weeks just under a week ago), and even though it's not like-for-like, I'm worried Hore will be straight out for May in R2. Rozee too expensive.

It probably gets said every year, but the rookies really are terrible this year.
That is literally said every year, and yet we always have choice and always make the wrong choice at least once or twice.

Over the last few years I've been hesitant of picking rookies purely because "they're going to be dropped straight away when player x returns", and I've always missed a ripper rookie because I can only make 2 rookie corrections in round 3, when I probably could have done 3 or 4.

End of the day, if they play in round 1, they are always a chance to stick around if they perform. Injuries/suspensions happen almost every week in AFL

1. Named in round 1 :whitecheck:
2. Strong JLT performance :whitecheck:
3. AFL/HS article about them putting on muscle, "training the house down", winning time trials, being a huge inspiration, etc :whitecheck:
:lock:

117-123k rookies seem really dire this year
Yep, the rookies with decent JS (especially backline rookies) are all more expensive.
Is there one decent forwardine rookie besides $144k Setterfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back