2019 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Just noticed that Sydney Stack is currently worth 447k and has made a massive 345k profit to go with his 83 average for those who still have him. Walsh's season average is 6 points higher but Stack has made 120k more. I reckon the extra coin made puts Stack over the line for SC Rookie MVP honours. Phenomenal young talent will hopefully be a SC Def next year, might even be worth considering as a mid-pricer/sub-premo.

Makes me even more sad reading this that I never picked him up. 😭

Last edited:
Ross over Stack makes me cry.

Not seeing that Jacobs was badly injured and therefore, not trading in ROB makes me want to assume the foetal position... what could have been.

I grabbed Ross instead of Stack too. :(

Oh and add me to the list of not picking up ROB.

No wonder my bench cover is so s**t right now.

Could have turned ROB into good forward bench cover like Lycett or Gray.

I grabbed Ross instead of Stack too. :(

Oh and add me to the list of not picking up ROB.

No wonder my bench cover is so s**t right now.

Could have turned ROB into good forward bench cover like Lycett or Gray.
Yeah Ross over Stack and no ROB for me either. Glad I'm not the only one. Never missed a rookie like ROB before, monumental f@rrk up on my part and yeah could have turned him into Lycett, and/or upgraded Brouch and Smith

Yeah Ross over Stack and no ROB for me either. Glad I'm not the only one. Never missed a rookie like ROB before, monumental f@rrk up on my part and yeah could have turned him into Lycett, and/or upgraded Brouch and Smith

Stacks second game where he scored 40 turned me off him and I thought Ross would be the better scorer as he was playing in the midfield.

And I wanted to do my first upgrade when ROB was on the bubble so grabbed Marshall instead.

Feel like giving myself two Alf upper cuts to the head! 😭

Stacks second game where he scored 40 turned me off him and I thought Ross would be the better scorer as he was playing in the midfield.

And I wanted to do my first upgrade when ROB was on the bubble so grabbed Marshall instead.

Feel like giving myself two Alf upper cuts to the head! 😭
I also grabbed Marshall instead. It all comes down to the fact I didn't grab Marshall a week earlier.
The real kick in the guts is Marshall scored a 50 odd vs Gawn and barely increased in price, so I actually should have waited another week and got ROB. At least Marshall has been premo since.

Just noticed that Sydney Stack is currently worth 447k and has made a massive 345k profit to go with his 83 average for those who still have him. Walsh's season average is 6 points higher but Stack has made 120k more. I reckon the extra coin made puts Stack over the line for SC Rookie MVP honours. Phenomenal young talent will hopefully be a SC Def next year, might even be worth considering as a mid-pricer/sub-premo.

Well, Stack's starting price was 100k cheaper

I also grabbed Marshall instead. It all comes down to the fact I didn't grab Marshall a week earlier.
The real kick in the guts is Marshall scored a 50 odd vs Gawn and barely increased in price, so I actually should have waited another week and got ROB. At least Marshall has been premo since.

Yeah that's the saving grace that Marshall is a premo forward now.

It's a tough pill to swallow though that I lost over $700,000 in cash generation by not grabbing Stack and ROB. That money could have easily got 2 premos into my team.

You reckon he'll reach the 35% threshold?
He's played forward for a few weeks now, if he stays there for the rest of the year it'll be almost 50/50. Caddy in, will Edwards or Stack go back?

Nice little article on Noah Answerth.

Brisbane’s coaches say his teammates have total confidence in Answerth to win his contests and make the right decisions with ball in hand — remarkable feat for a first-year player.
In the past two weeks he has taken on and completely beaten GWS star Toby Greene, who I rate as one of the best players in the competition and rising Port Adelaide forward Connor Rozee.
Answerth is a disciplined defender who is also capable of breaking the lines and providing rebound.

Locked in best 22 player now, very handy bench cover, glad I still have him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+1

Although I'd like to see him breaking lines and rebounding a bit more since I'll be starting him on-field again this week.

Yep he is certainly useful cover and I have him DPP switching with Duursma (who I also intend to keep all year) for loophole purposes.

He's played forward for a few weeks now, if he stays there for the rest of the year it'll be almost 50/50. Caddy in, will Edwards or Stack go back?
Agree 100% if he plays forward the rest of the year he'll get both. Just had a look. Has played 4 forward now. I thought it was only two for some reason. Probably needs to play two more as a forward to meet the requirement. Plenty of suggestions he'll go back this week with Caddy coming back in for egg head. With the fitness conditions written into his contract, he may very well be relevant next year.

Yeah that's the saving grace that Marshall is a premo forward now.

It's a tough pill to swallow though that I lost over $700,000 in cash generation by not grabbing Stack and ROB. That money could have easily got 2 premos into my team.

Dont stress I had ROB and it made no difference in the end when Hore and Cogs ****ed us. Plus u were ranked ahead of me eitherway without him so obviously at least I didnt get much benefit from it.

Inb4 dropped this week. :D
That's OK, if Logue is back this week I'll have 8 playing defenders, so I'll be fine, but others might not be :D

agree 100%..
plus he had to get into the tigers 22 and stay there.
Walsh has been solid..but not hard for him to get/hold his spot in the Blues 22.

Sadly, I missed Stack!...Ross/Baker made the cut.
win some,lose some!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back