Review 2019 Round 1 - GWS Giants v Essendon Bombers, 24 March 3.20 pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeffe has been very good, I couldn’t understand his selection but credit where it is due.

Sam Taylor could well be Caruso’s greatest coup, he is a bona fide star.
Taylor is unreal, just doesn’t lose a contest and always keeps his cool.

Keefe should just play Patton's role for now as the deep strong forward (like Alistair lynch back in the days) so if in the case we do bomb it long there is a tall forward to try and get a mark or free kick.

And as everyone is saying....please re-sign sam taylor asap!!

Gotta say this is a very professional performance from the boys tonight. It seems so controlled and measured relative to how they've played in past seasons, and while it was a bit of a shock to start the game I'm kind of glad to see them taking this season as a marathon.

And straight off the bat in the 4th, cogs! what a game he has played

Ok guys so I know there's 7 minutes left but I've been on the cans and so I feel well entitled to give my 2c. And I might be biased being a giants fan who lives in brisvegas but I have to say, having watched the games so far, the 2 teams that have looked best to date have been the giants and the lions. The giants have looked so locked in and businesslike, just taking it as a game that needs to be won and doing the job. And the lions, well, they remind me of the giants of 3 years ago. Young, athletic, and hungry.

And ignoring any broader context of the overall season, I really like the way the team is approaching the game. It feels much more rigid an approach than we've had in prior years, but it seems that our style of play is probably more resiliant to the inevitable injuries we're going to face over the season. Early days, but the team feels locked in and, at the risk of repeating myself, exceptionally professional. I'm very excited for the rest of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also does our back office know what they're doing or what. Traded out on shiel at the peak of his value, like selling ahous in sydney a year ago. I really couldn't understand why our offseason was so maligned, I'm feeling pretty vindicated
In my opinion we are better off without Lobb and Shiel, regardless . Shiel went missing for Essendon today and did the same for us when the chips were down . He is no Lachie neale

In my opinion we are better off without Lobb and Shiel, regardless . Shiel went missing for Essendon today and did the same for us when the chips were down .

Yeah I agree, we most certainly are better with both. But when we're held back by financial considerations, I feel like it was fair that Shiel was the one to let go. I have no animosity against him at all, it was just a pragmatic decision from a team that needed to keep the powder dry for players who are absolute superstars. Lobb is a different matter - I know he asked to go but it feels like that was the big loss of the season. Any way no point quibbling cos we[re on top of the ladder (after one game)!!!

Welcome to the Graveyard!

1c01bc090963cec068755f9c5d319f8e.gif

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In my opinion we are better off without Lobb and Shiel, regardless . Shiel went missing for Essendon today and did the same for us when the chips were down . He is no Lachie neale
Lobb didn't really do much in the ruck.

Shiel was a shocker with his kicks and I always thought that while I was disappointed he left that either Taranto or Hopper could take his spot.

Lobb didn't really do much in the ruck.

Shiel was a shocker with his kicks and I always thought that while I was disappointed he left that either Taranto or Hopper could take his spot.

People tend to only look at the positives a player has when considering their usefulness to the team . In my opinion you don't want clanger masters ruining momentum or soft players bringing down team morale. A few years will be needed to fully appreciate the trading of those 2 but yeah.

Setterfield will end up being a bigger lose, but thats for another thread

You beauty just got home from the traffic what a day !! What a 4 qtr performance, even got a signed footy at the end :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back