Preview 2019 Round 1: Richmond v Carlton, MCG 7:20pm Thursday 21/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit harsh. Good luck for the game mate .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Luck?

Exactly why do we need luck?

We're premiership favorits and your club is currently on par in talent and ladder predictions to the Gold Coast Suns, plus it doesn't help having the worst coach in the league.
Be happy and sleep well if you finish the night within a six goal margin.

It's a big change to the sides structure.It's basically 2 more talls and 2 less smalls .I'm sure it will work and improve us, but it might take time, hopefully just one quarter.Balta looks a magnificent athlete, some might say a cross between Wayne Carey and Anthony Koutafudes!
balta's pace & athleticism means his pressure rating can and should be high
tim lunch, well fmd, adding one of the premier big men in the league to the minor premiers......it just has to be good

UMPIRES
SIMON MERIDITH 21
ROBERT FINDLAY 23
CRAIG FLEER 28

Any insights anyone

If Meridith took a tumble down a very long flight of stairs tomorrow I wouldn't be complaining. Never heard of the other guys though.

Not nervous any more

Had a bad feeling Bellis would get named

After seeing the teams I'm tipping tigs by 76

The Cartoon brains trust will be struggling over how to match up with us playing 3 talls.

They'll probably end up with Plowman (191cm, 90Kg) on Balta....He'll think he's a ragdoll by the end of the night.

Have Dusty wander forward and god knows what they'd have to try.
Carlton are planning a vip for all richmond members and unfurling the white flag before the game in the hope that the tigers show some mercy.
LMAO

We are gonna play so well that it's impossible for the umps to ream us

They will call one bullshit goal to Carltoon based off the new snicko technology but that's it

He’s right to go. They wouldn’t play him if he wasn’t right.

I’m impressed they included Balta.His versatility keeps Lynch out of any centre bounce rucking duties. Gives Nank a chop out and allows us to get the right number of minutes into Lynch

At this point it looks like a good selection IMO.
Im guessing staring positions and possible rotations.
Nank - ruck // balta - wing // lynch and jack forward.
Nank bench = balta ruck
Jack and lynch bench = balta forward
Balta bench = ?? Rioli wing
If balta is rucking i think he needs dusty or cotch in the guts with kmac to tag cripps and maybe the meatball for the sauce on top.
Be intersting to see how it actually pans out on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balta is only 19. A bright future.
They can bring in one new player each week to rotate.
Cripps is the Carlton star and we will have to instill fear into Walsh.
Get walsh to play one out in the goal square with dusty and have the entire 50 metre arc empty.

So glad the footy is back!

Shattered I can't make it tonight as I'm moving into my new house.

I will be there next Thursday with bells on though!! Carn the Tigers....please make sure we win, otherwise I'll need to delete my facebook because of all the s**t I've been talking lol

Make no mistake - if Carlton manage by some miracle to beat us, it will be the biggest win that pissant club has had in 5 years.

They’ll talk about it for the foreseeable future.

Tell Balta he is Jack Riewoldt.
Then Riewoldt is Josh Caddy, except better overhead, similar at ground level and smarter with he ball.
And Lynch is then.... Vickery? Griffiths? Lynch can just be Lynch!

I’m really expecting us to be be quite physicsl tonight. Fair few young bodies in the Carlton team expected to perform senior roles and I don’t think that’ll be lost on a lot of our seasoned, hardened players.

Anyone else think McIntosh might tag Cripps? Has the size and has been named on the pill... It’s unlike us to tag though. One to keep an eye on. Riewoldt, Dusty and Lynch in one forward 50 is taking the piss surely.
I wouldn't mind seeing it given a go. Mac is a good tackler and tough, and has the pace to work off him as well. Sure he won't stop Cripps from getting the ball but he will dump him and scrag him and make is life difficult.

Love blue fans, bunch of in bread fools. Just go read the logic on display on there board. The blues are a lock cause reasons. Our premiership winning midfield wont touch there 2 game winning midfield. Our premiership quality forward line wont stand a chance against there A grade backs, heck one **** has stated Lynch will be toweled up by Jones cause of reasons. lastly our A grade elite premiership back 6 will be crucified by there forwards, none of which have actually kicked consistently high scores.

It's crazy town over there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back