Game Day 2019 Round 1: Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Swans @ Marvel 7:25pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcveigh prob our best player... dean cox and steve johnson aren't exactly rocket scientists... as much as horse needs to go there have been missed opportunities as far as assistant coaches go also. mathew nicks and ryan o'keene sos

We have pretty close to our best 22 out on the park today. That makes the midfields compete failure even worse.
That's kind of what I mean, this 22 has never played together and with Blakey + Reid our forward line has been totally reconstructed. Got a glimpse of our potential in the last quarter.

We're not top 4 but we'll play finals.

Mcveigh prob our best player... dean cox and steve johnson aren't exactly rocket scientists... as much as horse needs to go there have been missed opportunities as far as assistant coaches go also. mathew nicks and ryan o'keene sos

No thanks on Okeefe and Nicks.

Too many ex players. Get some new blood that are independent

That's kind of what I mean, this 22 has never played together and with Blakey + Reid our forward line has been totally reconstructed. Got a glimpse of our potential in the last quarter.

Except we know from experience that despite the evidence that an attacking game style works Longmire will only use it when he has no other option. Next week he will be back to the same game plan we had for the first 3 quarters.

clarke is not afl standard.

florent was really disappointing imo... if you want to be an afl player you need to consistently perform. "thats some real conversation for your arse"....

Happy we fought back second half. But you're not winning many games playing like that in the first half. Just not good enough and you can't get away with playing 20 minutes of good footy each game.

Dogs played well. Can't help but feel a better side would've put us to bed earlier though.

Except we know from experience that despite the evidence that an attacking game style works Longmire will only use it when he has no other option. Next week he will be back to the same game plan we had for the first 3 quarters.

As we saw tonight...

Then we go back to safe boring play to lose the game

Our gameplan relies too much on winning the contested ball and precise kicking from defence, and that's two areas we really struggle at the moment.

Our last quarter comeback will mask some of the issues, at least for a week, but if we continue with the same structure and personnel we will struggle against most teams. Need to get Mills and Heeney more in the midfield and at least one runner from defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Clarke isnt very good.

George Hewett is very good.
I really feel sorry we gave Clarke to Sydney
Clarke will cost more games for you guys and annoy week by week.
He was seriously disaster for us last year.
Hope to omit him ASAP, otherwise you can't make final.

He’s as slow as a cement truck. Rather play someone with speed

McVeigh has been good. No way is his position in danger. One of the few players that can hold their heads up high tonight.

Parker though, sure he was great the last quarter but where was that for the first three? In fact his last quarter frustrates me even more as it shows he can do it at that level, he just chooses not to most of the time.

Agreed. I've calmed down a bit. We're not contenders this year. If we can compete for finals that's a good result moving forward. Need to move on at least 4 older players at the end of this season though and go all out with the rebuild.

Ryan Clarke isnt very good.

George Hewett is very good.
Clarke is the type we need. He gets into positions to receive the ball and give it. What we have sorely lacked in the middle.
He'll be ok for us. They're both about equal in the foot skills department though.

Reid looked good, and Cunningham gets better every year. Clarke struggled and reg is 1 too many talls down back (obvious bizarre selection). Mills not enough midfield minutes. It’s looking like the same old swans, hopefully they will be better for the run

The comeback was good but I don't think we'll be competing for much this year. I just can't see where the improvement in the midfield is going to come from with our coaching.

If the coach actually allowed us to get the ball forward you never know...

Unfortunately Horse is rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back