Preview 2019 Round 18 - Richmond vs Port Adelaide @ MCG, Saturday July 20, 1:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I do not want to see expectation from our players on the football field, I want to see desire from our players on the football field. I want to see a will to win in their bones on the football field through their movement and action on the football field. Like when Stack commits and follows through on a smother like its automatic because he wants to get the ball back, help turnover the ball and hopefully help the team kick the goal from a will to win the game and compete until victory is assured!!!
I'm glad we are both on the same page here... ;) :)😍:thumbsu:

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
And would I be right in thinking that Jack Graham will be playing in the general vicinity of Dusty with a role of discouraging any Port player from repeating their antics against Lachie Neale.
Was thinking this too. Jack Graham is limited offensively but he doesn't shirk the hard stuff. If they get into Dusty he should be right in their flying the flag and laying some big shepherds on. You cannot tolerate having your stars roughed up, if they want to try it we need to show we will be harder at the ball and man than they are.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Wouldn't be surprised if this was a factor in Dimma's thinking when he rested Jack G last week. Port signaled their targeted player bash in Round 1 against Melbourne when they got stuck into Gawn, who incidentally got bugger all support from his team. Dusty has shown he can be put off his game by these tactics and the match committee might well have factored some kind of help into their game plan for this one. As I said in an earlier post, I'd be surprised if Port go in as hard as they did against Neale but it would have to be something they would have considered. Caddy on the field would also have helped but his inclusion would have significantly messed up the team structures. I'm betting Dusty carves Port up.

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Unless we lose a midfielder or chol has a bad game I can’t can’t see caddy back in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think Caddys extended midfield stint in the VFL might be a pointer to where he will be expected to play more when he comes back.

They are likely putting km's into him at VFL level to get him up to par for midfield time, just as they may be spelling K Mac to have him ready to go for the pointy end.

Rumballs

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, The Mighty Cherries
Love that Ivvy gets a hometown hero.
Loved the way he played for us, will never forget the way he scored that goal in the final quarter of the EF against the Blues and tried to inspire us to lift.
And if you haven't watched his highlights vid - it's more inspiring than Arnie's musical vid.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
hey Kennef, what's this I heard about you wanting to terrorize my son ?

44E198AF00000578-4935748-image-a-7_1506758037656.jpg

Shattered I can't make the game this week. My wife needs to attend an information session for my youngest to get christened. I'm looking after the eldest, he is only 2 & a half so I'm not keen enough to take him to the footy yet lol. Also getting the snip done tonight so not sure what to expect for tomorrow!

sore nuts

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
Shocked Kmac is dropped, hopefully he's just being rested but glad Graham is in.

Kmac listed in the VFL team though (which may not mean much)

B: 43. D. Eggmolesse-Smith, 38. N. Balta, 46. B. Miller

HB: 51. S. Morris, 42. R. Garthwaite, 45. P. Naish

C: 32. L. English, 22. J. Caddy, 33. K. Mcintosh

HF: 39. J. Aarts, 40. C. Coleman-Jones, 37. C. Menadue

F: 31. O. Markov, 21. J. Townsend, 16. M. Weller

R: 25. T. Nankervis, 26. R. Collier-Dawkins, 7. D. Butler

Int: 79. W. Coates, 78. D. Coffield, 61. J. Fletcher, 56. B. Grewar, 62. L. Nelson, 64. T. Silvestro, 55. L. Street, 60. C. Thompson

23P: 69. L. Diggins

In: J. Fletcher, C. Thompson, N. Balta, D. Eggmolesse-Smith, K. Mcintosh, L. Nelson,

T. Nankervis

Out: L. Baker, J. Higgins, J. Ballard

Bloody strong line up

Hopefully Graham tags Boak or Gray.
otherwise I can't see why he was brought in.
Also, the reason why Caddy is in the twos is because he didn't have a preseason and then he missed some weeks.
The club is now putting him through a mini preseason which involves work in the VFL to get him ready for AFL for the run home.
I am the oracle.

Last edited:
Shattered I can't make the game this week. My wife needs to attend an information session for my youngest to get christened. I'm looking after the eldest, he is only 2 & a half so I'm not keen enough to take him to the footy yet lol. Also getting the snip done tonight so not sure what to expect for tomorrow!
Meh, takes 15 mins and you'll walk out of there. Blokes make too much of it.

BKM78

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Kmac has 12 touches and was ranked 21st in AFL fantasy scoring last week. I don’t take much notice of these stats particularly for players like him that play such important team defensive roles but it’s probably the reason he’s out. Also only had 1 tackle so maybe his defensive side was lacking (only the coaches would know that).

Good to see Graham back in - he got dropped on the back of a 26 possession / 6 tackle game albeit against GC. Imo is best 22 come finals- does all the hard sh!t that stands up in finals and is closest thing we have to a lock down/run with player

Amen. Plus you know 12 K Mac D's don't equate to 12 Rioli D's or the like. It wouldn't be the lack of leather so much as the lack of leather coupled with 1 tackle, as you pointed out. That s**t doesn't fly unless you are D Martin. He'll monster the magoos. He'll be back.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
You duds are 2 from 2 whilst I’ve been out of the country so don’t bring your good work undone by dropping this one to Port Bogelaide. I’m 3 from 4 with the Red Sox here in Boston so I expect a similar ratio while I’m away.

Don’t let me down. I’ll be watching you spuds. All of you. All of you !

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Baker has been playing half back in the 2’s the last couple of weeks. So wouldn’t be surprised to see him run through the wing and half back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will be very surprised if he isn't playing back.

Did mention a few days ago that Kamdyn's last two were below par and he needs to be careful.

Good to see form is being rewarded. Tough team to get into; our reserves are going to be unbeatable with guys trying to get into the seniors.

Baker to play eggs role, just a better tougher more skilled player atm
Big upgrade imo

I like the way we are rewarding good vfl form and McIntosh hasn’t been as good the last couple weeks.. he will bounce back in no time, he’s way too good for vfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back