Preview 2019 Round 22 - Richmond vs West Coast, Sunday 18th of August @ MCG, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't often get pi**ed off and have an emotional rant but I feel like a melt.
I ******* said 5 weeks ago to get Stack back playing where he was a star. We really drunk the bathwater on this one trying to be too bloody cute. Oh yay Stack had one good quarter against one of the worst teams. He's a forward now yayyyyy. Blind Freddy could see he was half the player he was up forward as he was down back. Absolute nonsense.
How many times does Dimma need to get hit on the head with a hammer before he realises.
From Tuck, to Ellis, to Edwards, to Rance, to Stack etc etc etc. Haven't we learnt that players play their best and build confidence in the position they know and love???
Absolute garbage. This team is so unsettled at the moment I'll be surprised if we even win one of the next two games.

End melt
Great observations. I had a squizz at the team and you could argue that there are 10 - 12 blokes that are borderline selection and are in poor to average form.
Broad, Short, Ellis, Caddy, Rioli, Jack (yes Jack R), Soldo, Chol, Bolton and Baker. Not good going into two make or break games. The MC have not managed selection well recently. The Stack omission still astounds me.

Righto... big weekend of footy other than last nights snore fest. What results are we hoping for today? Ideally we want the crows to beat the pies tonight but what about lions/cats?
Yes for the Crows, but as for the other one...not sure. If Brisbane lose today and then we beat them, we move up to third (If we also win tomorrow) and probably play West Coast in Perth.

If Brisbane win today then we probably stay 4th even if we win both games. Geelong will stay top because they will kill Carlton next week. If all 4 teams finish on 16 wins the Cats will stay top and we will most likely stay 4th.

In summary, don't even worry about it. If we finish top 4, I will still back us even in Perth.

Great observations. I had a squizz at the team and you could argue that there are 10 - 12 blokes that are borderline selection and are in poor to average form.
Broad, Short, Ellis, Caddy, Rioli, Jack (yes Jack R), Soldo, Chol, Bolton and Baker. Not good going into two make or break games. The MC have not managed selection well recently. The Stack omission still astounds me.
LO*******L, we have won 7 in a row, are 14-6 and are sitting 4th on the ladder. I think the MC have managed selection just fine.

10-12 borderline selection hahaha and who are you replacing all these borderline selection players with.

I have 2 tickets to the AFL Reserve for sale. Entry via gate 6 or 7. $25 for the pair. Valid for any game at ‘G this year, excluding finals.
Message me if interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LO*******L, we have won 7 in a row, are 14-6 and are sitting 4th on the ladder. I think the MC have managed selection just fine.

10-12 borderline selection hahaha and who are you replacing all these borderline selection players with.
To use a much quoted line, we haven’t beaten anyone good in that run of 7 wins. I know you can only beat who is in front of you but we have been winning ugly. Of the 10 guys I mentioned who is tearing it up atm? We’re not playing for second this year and the standards have to be extremely high. They all need to lift big time or would you prefer to go into September with half the team out of touch? A few tough selections might give them a spark.

Cellis doesn't play for us anymore, and Soldo in poor/average form?

Didn't need Brisbane's one point win against the Cats. Geelong never fail to disappoint.

Small wins over West Coast and Brisbane will have us playing the Cats at the G in week 1, assuming Geelong beat Carlton. Not a bad result actually.

Edit: Eagles would also have to beat Hawks.

Small wins over West Coast and Brisbane will have us playing the Cats at the G in week 1, assuming Geelong beat Carlton. Not a bad result actually.

I did the ladder predictor using sportsbet predicted wins using basic odds as margin predictors, and it backed your prediction. (so far lions/cats has come true)

That would be nice. Brisbane looked a bit banged up so we might be able to take advantage of that. Can't see us giving Cameron the latitude he got from the Cats. Anyway, now to clean up the Eagles. Geelong looked really flaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back