Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Stef Martin has had back and ankle troubles in the preseason and Archie Smith has been impressing.

Stef has been playing forward in Match sim and when Archie and Stef have gone up against each other, Archie has taken the points.

Fagan has said that the number 1 ruck spot is up for grabs.

Get the * outta my team!

All i know is at the conclusion of round one, there's going to be a lot of annoying insufferable campaigners on here.

Gawn scores a 78 due to Preuss - "Haha what sort of idiot would start with Gawn?! You knew Preuss was playing!"

Gawn pulls a 120 anyway - "Haha are you telling me there are people who actually didn't start with Gawn? You back in your premos noob!"

Best just lock in Fort and Clarke and pray it's not a long winter :moustache::rainbow:

Martin has been my R2 the last two seasons .... but i just felt age might catchup with him this year

Kruezer also has to be a massive risk

Archie Smith $170K isn’t bad at all if Martin is going to play mostly forward and Smith grabs the No.1 ruck spot with both hands.

Could either go Smith an expensive R3, or a very cheap R2 allowing you to spend a lot more money on strengthening D4, M5 or F4 positions :thumbsu:

I mean surely Preuss didnt leave north to play in the reserves for the Dees when Goldy is much closer to retirement and since he is a ordinary forward from what I have seen I am thinking he will come on when Gawn is resting forward, but Gawn is such a better ruck you would want him there more than Preuss so I guess Preuss has to spend time up forward. It seem very up in the air so I just cant pick gawn at that price.
IMO preuss was competing with magac for the second ruck position.
Daw played his best season.
Preuss is now second ruck at melbourne
We also have a young fella in Xerri in the twos who will be close to Preuss's output this year.
Sad to have preuss leave. I really enjoyed watching him play.
good luck to him.

We also have a young fella in Xerri in the twos who will be close to Preuss's output this year.
good luck to him.

Ah ok. I thought Majak was playing in defence alot last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good luck to him.
s**t forgot all about Preuss. Gonna have to make room for him too.
Sorry Archie. It has been fun.

Archie Smith $170K isn’t bad at all if Martin is going to play mostly forward and Smith grabs the No.1 ruck spot with both hands.

Could either go Smith an expensive R3, or a very cheap R2 allowing you to spend a lot more money on strengthening D4, M5 or F4 positions :thumbsu:
so many realistic R3 options this year, Smith, Fort, ROB (Crows)

Most similar team to mine I've seen. Looks like you'll finish second this season
Don't flatter yourself mate.

giphy.gif

Serious question, can we honestly get away without having either Gawn or Grundy? It is an insane amount for both. I had Grundy and Longer, its a big risk picking Longer, albeit he will be the Saints number one ruck. But with a little toying around, downgrading Macrae to Oliver and Grundy to Goldstein, I went Longer to Nankervis.

I have never had trouble with a position like this before.

Serious question, can we honestly get away without having either Gawn or Grundy? It is an insane amount for both. I had Grundy and Longer, its a big risk picking Longer, albeit he will be the Saints number one ruck. But with a little toying around, downgrading Macrae to Oliver and Grundy to Goldstein, I went Longer to Nankervis.

I have never had trouble with a position like this before.

Two words. Set and forget!

giphy.gif

Two words. Set and forget!

giphy.gif

Hardly.

One had the most random jump in average score last year and is the most overpriced campaigner coming off an injury with minimal preseason.

The other has a big halfwit named Preuss who he has to play a alongside now. Something he has rarely done before.

Both are priced at their absolute maximum, both are a certainty to drop. If ever there was a year with no "set and forget" option it's this year.

I currently still have both, but I'm looking for any excuse to ditch them and go cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back