Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly.

One had the most random jump in average score last year and is the most overpriced campaigner coming off an injury with minimal preseason.

The other has a big halfwit named Preuss who he has to play a alongside now. Something he has rarely done before.

Both are priced at their absolute maximum, both are a certainty to drop. If ever there was a year with no "set and forget" option it's this year.

I currently still have both, but I'm looking for any excuse to ditch them and go cheap.

It was in response to the longer nank ideas.

Ive only got Grundy and goldstein. Where did u read he has missed most of the preseason? I only heard of a toe issue a few weeks back. Grundy is young and while I expect him to drop off I still think he ends up the number 1 ruck. Its not really a position I wanna be mucking about with duds that I then need to upgrade. He should average at least 110.

You are looking for excuses but tell me who the viable alternatives are? Goldy and?

Stef has had his js security actually put in question today after ongoing injuries. I dont see better options.

Nank I seviceable but has no upside.
Sandi and Darcy will share duties
As will Lycett and Ryder
Mumford and simpson lol
Longer is a dud
Tbell no
McEvoy see Nank
Sinclair eh maybe had big games but unproven across a season
Jacobs * no
Stanley injury prone and inconsistent
Hickey unreliable scorer
Witts ok but not premo plays for the worst team
Kreuzer may as well piss ur trades away
English....

Hope no one bookmarks this to show how wrong i was 6 months from now haha

Last edited:
Martin will be main ruck at lions. Hes had an interrupted pre season the last 2 or 3. Its Fagan putting a rocket up Stef to get him improving. Smith will only play a few hen Oscar needs a rest.

Last edited:

It was in response to the longer nank ideas.

Ive only got Grundy and goldstein. Where did u read he has missed most of the preseason? I only heard of a toe issue a few weeks back. Grundy is young and while I expect him to drop off I still think he ends up the number 1 ruck. Its not really a position I wanna be mucking about with duds that I then need to upgrade. He should average at least 110.

You are looking for excuses but tell me who the viable alternatives are? Goldy and?

Stef has had his js security actually put in question today after ongoing injuries. I dont see better options.

Nank I seviceable but has no upside.
Sandi and Darcy will share duties
As will Lycett and Ryder
Mumford and simpson lol
Longer is a dud
Tbell no
McEvoy see Nank
Sinclair eh maybe had big games but unproven across a season
Jacobs **** no
Stanley injury prone and inconsistent
Hickey unreliable scorer
Witts ok but not premo plays for the worst team
Kreuzer may as well piss ur trades away
English....

Hope no one bookmarks this to show how wrong i was 6 months from now haha
Actually your reasoning is sound, and you have some solid points.
Gawndawg and Grundawg will be the Top kent rucks, its the price you are prepared to pay is the reasoning behind most peeps reluctance to take them first up at 700k has most baulking and rightly so.

Last edited:
If Kruezer stays at a fairly low ownership % I might pick him.
If he dies early you can probably downgrade him to Mumford anyways, and it actually looks like there will be playing R3s to pick this year.

I picked him last year at 600k so it can't be any worse this time around, right? :drunk:

If Kruezer stays at a fairly low ownership % I might pick him.
If he dies early you can probably downgrade him to Mumford anyways, and it actually looks like there will be playing R3s to pick this year.

I picked him last year at 600k so it can't be any worse this time around, right? :drunk:
Gotta take a risk to separate yourself from the pack.

This year the greatest benefit comes from not spending a record amount on the one line.

This year the greatest benefit comes from not spending a record amount on the one line.

I separated myself from the pack last year and ended up 75k spots behind after 1 rnd.

Serious question, can we honestly get away without having either Gawn or Grundy? It is an insane amount for both. I had Grundy and Longer, its a big risk picking Longer, albeit he will be the Saints number one ruck. But with a little toying around, downgrading Macrae to Oliver and Grundy to Goldstein, I went Longer to Nankervis.

I have never had trouble with a position like this before.
It's never been like this before. Usually you can get a strong ruck combo for 1 mill. This year, those two cost an extra 400k. That's the difference between a rookie and a premium in your forward line

Agree with this, a smart risk and putting the dollarydoos to better use elsewhere could pay off.
Have to see how it shakes out come rd 1.
Has the Loch Preuss Monster surfaced from the deep to harsh Maxy's mellow?
Will Archie ascend to the throne or step on another stonefish and relapse into coma?
Will big Wittsy spark up and show a bit of fire or continue to channel his inner Ferdinand the Bull?
Can Windscreens O'Brien dislodge Sauce or will the People's Bloodnut ward off his swarthy challenger once more?
Can Goldy reclaim his place in the pantheon?
Are we all wondering about big Maxxy'a drop-off when we should be worried about Grundy?
Will Kreuzer be able to avoid injury or continue to stain the collective underpant?
Will Mummy's septal perforation impact his scoring potential?
Wil (premiership pillar) Scotty Lycett ruin Paddy Ryder and hassle the Hoff?
Has Cal Sinclair's unusually small cranium grown in the offseason?
Conundrums, paradigms, cortexes at breaking strain in living rooms throughout this great nation.

I'm Derryn Hinch*.

* No, I"m not. But I once nearly had a beard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 618769

Seriously thinking about it.

Going in with 2 donuts a week....

b2AQCdmDST_N9PpFr1muWS8SqtoVkNEcTX8oLbiBjrm8W9X7bvufLon1on3OM5i0sAj4n5MAug=w495-h297-nc

Sandisaurus to miss the first 4 - 6 weeks of the season. Talk he may not make it back.
Darcy is still an option.

Interesting. If Grundy doesnt get any JLT games in and Darcy does well throughout all 3 I might think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back