Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With the sad news of Majak Daw trying to take his own life and looking unlikely he plays at all next season does this elevate Tom Campbell and/or Tristan Xerri into calculations for R3 spots?

If Goldy goes down some serious bargains are to be had at North and could well be anyway with their current ruck setup as Goldy is not 25yo ( 31 in July ) anymore and i am not sure his body will accommodate the massive minutes that North will be asking for him in 2019.

With the sad news of Majak Daw trying to take his own life and looking unlikely he plays at all next season does this elevate Tom Campbell and/or Tristan Xerri into calculations for R3 spots?

If Goldy goes down some serious bargains are to be had at North and could well be anyway with their current ruck setup as Goldy is not 25yo ( 31 in July ) anymore and i am not sure his body will accommodate the massive minutes that North will be asking for him in 2019.
Depends on the role Majak was going to play .....FB or Ruck ?

Ruck brings Campbell into play .....but also Ben Mckay becomes a $123K DEF option potentially .....maybe Better Loosen Up can comment

Hadn't Majak become a full time KPD?
If I end up starting Goldy I'll be handcuffing Xerri to him at R3 as my loophole and future swingman anyways, would be a nice bonus if he got a few games later in the year when one of my other rookies inevitably becomes a loophole option.

It's probably more beneficial to blokes like Durdin, EVW and McKay.

McKay being the only one that looks SC relevant at @123k

Depends on the role Majak was going to play .....FB or Ruck ?

Ruck brings Campbell into play .....but also Ben Mckay becomes a $123K DEF option potentially .....maybe Better Loosen Up can comment

Mostly back and minimal time in the ruck. Mckay could be a likely beneficiary from his absence.

It's hard not to pick Gawn when you see his scores last year... is it only because of Preuss? Does everyone scramble to get an extra 150k to get him if Preuss isn't named?

It's hard not to pick Gawn when you see his scores last year... is it only because of Preuss? Does everyone scramble to get an extra 150k to get him if Preuss isn't named?
Mostly cos of Preuss.
Partly cos of more injury history compared to Grundy.
Partly cos 2 700k rucks make it hard to fit enough premos elsewhere, especially if u want Laird/Lloyd, Danger, Mitchell and an Oliver/Neale/Cripps/Macrae/Fyfe or two or three

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon i'm down to either of these options

R1 Gawn
R2 Grundy - Set and forget like ya missus bday.

R1 Gawn/Grundy
R2 Westhoff - Swing Hoff forward when one of the other 2 campaigners drop in price.

Goldy's scores just don't fill me with as much confidence, he's a solid ruck but he's not in their ^ league and his scores reflect that.

Reckon i'm down to either of these options

R1 Gawn
R2 Grundy - Set and forget like ya missus bday.

R1 Gawn/Grundy
R2 Westhoff - Swing Hoff forward when one of the other 2 campaigners drop in price.

Goldy's scores just don't fill me with as much confidence, he's a solid ruck but he's not in their ^ league and his scores reflect that.
Correct. He's above their league :p
R252014GoldsteinMark.gif

Love to start Mumford, but he misses first two rounds. That means you'd probably be forced to start the Hoff(who will likely revert to 90-95 not great value for 550k), and field an extra fwd rookie(who traditionally score like poo)
which doesn't give you a great start to the year.
If Setterfield looks ready for rd1 I'm coming round to Mumford and Hoff. Port having 2 rucks may free up Hoff, so his scores need not dip.

Danger/ Devon/ Daniher/ Setterfield plus Hoff gives me a reasonable scoring base. Forward rookies haven't been my strong suit!

Daniher 50/50 to be available rd1

My 2cents, plan without joey

Fwd rookies
McAdam
Corbett
Parker
Cavarra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back