Position 2019 Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy. Gawn. :padlock:

Who gives a **** who the other 100 ruck options are.

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:
It's so much of the starting budget, though.
It's a tale of ten green bottles with the cheapies, tbh. Naismith already looks iffy, Longer looks the man most likely, English more $ than you'd ideally prefer, Preuss / Gawn how does it work etc.?
Have to see how they shape up closer to rd 1.

Last edited:

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

It's like, are people also considering not taking Dangerfield at F1 .....course they will ...so as much as I've played around with options, Gwan & Grundy are :padlock:

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Quote from the article.
"Sam Naismith is tracking well on the road back from a ruptured ACL, Callum Sinclair is flying through the pre-season and Darcy Cameron is eyeing another monstrous campaign."
That's got to be music to the ears of stevebbb.
You forgot the fine print at he bottom...

"and Horse is the biggest campaigner of them all and stevebbb SC team is his bitch"

It's so much of the starting budget, though.
It's a tale of ten green bottles with the cheapies, tbh. Naismith already looks iffy, Longer looks the man most likely, English more $ than you'd ideally prefer, Preuss / Gawn how does it work etc.?
Have to see how they shape up closer to rd 1.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unless there is a CLEAR cheap alternative ruck option like Witts was, i'm sticking with Gawn/Grundy.

They are head and shoulders above any other ruckman right now.

Next highest averaging ruck is Stefan, 22pg less.
Considering the pies came within a bees of a premiership, I'd say Grundy should be able to maintain it. So if people are looking to save money in the rucks Gawn would be the one I'd skip, just because of the odd decision to draft Preuss.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Considering the pies came within a bees of a premiership, I'd say Grundy should be able to maintain it. So if people are looking to save money in the rucks Gawn would be the one I'd skip, just because of the odd decision to draft Preuss.
Grundy played s**t in the GF and still scored 141 :eek:

Gawn the week before only scored 79

Spot on.

Preuss is such a ******* moron. Will have no sympathy from me when the move to Melbourne blows up in his face and he's playing in the VFL after round 3.

Also because i wanted him at West Coast :moustache:

Feb 2, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Miami Heat
I'd be comfortable with Grundy/Gawn if Preuss hadn't gone to Melbourne.

As someone who has been a massive fan of Martin in the past, at 32 he worries me (despite good injury history).
Kreuzer is the one that interests me, priced well under what he's worth and can go 110+ if his body is right - will be monitoring him heavily pre-season.

I like the idea of Westy but I have no faith he can back up last years effort at his age.
Goldy seems reasonable so currently:

Lock:
Grundy

In the running:
Kreuzer, Goldy, (any mid pricers that pop up)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Exactly. I don't get the whole not picking 2 rucks who have the same bye thing.
I can think of a few reasons not to pick Gawn (price,Preuss) but having the same bye as Grundy is not one of them.
Coaches didn't pick Stefan Martin last year, because of the 2 ruck fear .....ended up one of his best seasons

Can't comprehend where Gawn was first picked last year .....and suddenly there's ???? on him .......me :padlock:

No Gawn or Grundy for me this year. Rucks very rarely have huge seasons back to back.
Just take a gander at some of these recent falls from grace

jacobs 102 to 85
Jacobs 108 to 86

goldstein 113 to 93
goldstein 128 to 108
naitanui 114 to 96
sandilands 112 to 64
sandilands 104 to 70
minson 114 to 93
ryder 105 to 90
ryder 100 to 85
Kruezer 109 to 79
Gawn 118 to 91

All it takes is one little niggle and these big galoots get the cotton wool treatment.

Goldstein and witts for me. I get the feeling witts is about to go Super Saiyan on the comp.

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
No Gawn or Grundy for me this year. Rucks very rarely have huge seasons back to back.

jacobs 102 to 85
Jacobs 108 to 86
goldstein 113 to 93
goldstein 128 to 108
naitanui 114 to 96
sandilands 112 to 64
sandilands 104 to 70
minson 114 to 93
ryder 105 to 90
ryder 100 to 85
Kruezer 109 to 79
Gawn 118 to 91

All it takes is one little niggle and these big galoots get the cotton wool treatment.

Goldstein and witts for me. I get the feeling witts is about to go Super Saiyan on the comp.
None of those are in the same class as Gawn and Grundy though(apart from Gawn himself of course who had injury) . Sandilands also had lots of niggles and despite being a hit out beast has never been a big possession winner.
Cox was and he did back it up. Seriously can't see Grundy going backwards bar injury, he hasn't anywhere near hit his prime yet. Gawn is in his prime.
As for Witts I'd pick him if he played for a better team. He gets massive hit out numbers already, but the sub standard midfield around him means not enough HOTAs.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

jacobs 102 to 85
Jacobs 108 to 86
goldstein 113 to 93
goldstein 128 to 108
naitanui 114 to 96
sandilands 112 to 64
sandilands 104 to 70
minson 114 to 93
ryder 105 to 90
ryder 100 to 85
Kruezer 109 to 79
Gawn 118 to 91

Sssshhhhh campaigner

Let them all spend $1.4M on 200 points per week :moustache:

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

jacobs 102 to 85
Jacobs 108 to 86
goldstein 113 to 93
goldstein 128 to 108
naitanui 114 to 96
sandilands 112 to 64
sandilands 104 to 70
minson 114 to 93
ryder 105 to 90
ryder 100 to 85
Kruezer 109 to 79
Gawn 118 to 91

So on this basis you won't be selecting Dangerfield ? .......I refused to get Grundy last year & he absolutely burn't me,...... by not selecting who you think will be the best scorers, simply due to their starting price, is asking for trouble

Will Gawn & Grundy drop in price over the season ? ...nothing surer, but they'll also pump out some pretty big VC / C scores .....i still can't fathom why Gawn was first picked last year, he pumps out an ave of 127, and everyone stops selecting him ? ...makes no sense

However i have scaled back my DEF as a result of having Gawn / Grundy

So on this basis you won't be selecting Dangerfield
I will be selecting Dangerfield because he is a superstar midfielder who historically have been shown to be able to back up year after year. He’s also priced 10-15 points below his ceiling.

Will Gawn & Grundy drop in price over the season ? ...nothing surer, but they'll also pump out some pretty big VC / C scores .....i still can't fathom why Gawn was first picked last year, he pumps out an ave of 127, and everyone stops selecting him ? ...makes no sense

How can you be sure that they will pump out big VC scores? There isn’t a single ruckmen in supercoach history with more than 1 120+ point season. The bar that Gawn and Grundy have set for themeselves this season is unprecedented and I envisage that they will regress back to the mean. A lot of people would have been burnt by picking Gawn in 2017 and even then he was 50k cheaper than he is going to be this year.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Coaches didn't pick Stefan Martin last year, because of the 2 ruck fear .....ended up one of his best seasons

Can't comprehend where Gawn was first picked last year .....and suddenly there's ???? on him .......me :padlock:
I feel like it has something to do with the fact that last year he was at a Monopoly money price, whereas now I need to mortgage the house to get him.

Last edited:

Blaknight

Debutant
Jan 31, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks Chicago Bears

I started Martin last year along side Gawn. Only upgraded to Grundy about round 18 as my last upgrade.

Will be starting Martin again this year with Grundy.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I will be selecting Dangerfield because he is a superstar midfielder who historically have been shown to be able to back up year after year. He’s also priced 10-15 points below his ceiling.

How can you be sure that they will pump out big VC scores? There isn’t a single ruckmen in supercoach history with more than 1 120+ point season. The bar that Gawn and Grundy have set for themeselves this season is unprecedented and I envisage that they will regress back to the mean. A lot of people would have been burnt by picking Gawn in 2017 and even then he was 50k cheaper than he is going to be this year.
Gawn is 27 YO .....peak of his career ....that 91 average in 2017 was as a result of 3 x injury events

If his 2017 was so bad, why did most Coaches pick him for 2018 ? ......plus remember Melbourne has been gathering momentum & IMHO Gawn is going to break that streak of only 1 x 120 ave season

1546420856081.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back