Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m Currently employing this tasty set up in the rucks

742130-1.png

420K cheaper thank gawndy

Apr 26, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Any insight from Melb guys as to whether it looks like Preuss is shaping up to play as second ruck with Gawn?

Still can’t fathom why he’d move from being Goldy’s understudy to Gawn’s unless there was some promise of game time, especially with teams like WC sniffing around for a first ruck.

Not sure I could justify spending 700k on Gawn if Preuss plays, could well make little difference but it’s a gamble when you’re spending so much to pick him. Gawn > Kreuzer allows you to go Rookie > B.Crouch or a rookie to a premo on a different line.

Could be a real season defining decision first up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any insight from Melb guys as to whether it looks like Preuss is shaping up to play as second ruck with Gawn?

Still can’t fathom why he’d move from being Goldy’s understudy to Gawn’s unless there was some promise of game time, especially with teams like WC sniffing around for a first ruck.

Not sure I could justify spending 700k on Gawn if Preuss plays, could well make little difference but it’s a gamble when you’re spending so much to pick him. Gawn > Kreuzer allows you to go Rookie > B.Crouch or a rookie to a premo on a different line.

Kreuz & Crouch are stepping stones anyway

That is true. Another way of looking at could be Gawn and Libba vs Krooz and Oliver/Kelly
Absolutely.

The risk of injury is to great for mine. Your stuck with him unless you downgrade to upgrade R2

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Brayden Preuss .....will he get many games at Melbourne ?

But rather than just looking his height and potential, when you take a look at his actual AFL experience the numbers are less flattering. He averages fewer than 9 disposals, has a goalkicking accuracy of 41%, gives away free kicks at a ratio of 4 to 1 received, has disposal efficiency of 57% and North lost 7 out the 8 games he played.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Gawn could be a great POD if people stay away. But he’ll only be a POD if Pruess plays. And if Preuss plays it’s too much of a risk. Personally I think Preuss starts the season off. It’s not great for a ruckman to play 80%+ ruck every week. Playing Pruess will allow Gawn to play inside 50 more often while resting. Gawn will still spend a considerable time in the ruck should preuss play so Pruess spot in the side will depend on his forward performance.
I can’t really pick Gawn at this point as I’m pretty sure Pruess plays round 1. Also I wouldn’t pick Pruess.

FWIW Pruess is looking in fantastic shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back