Position 2019 Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archie too expensive at 170k for me to gamble with
Understandable, reckon both Archie and ROB can't really afford a misstep for a sustained period.
Pairing Goldy / Xerri makes some sense, haven't looked into ADE / BRIS draws to see if they'd be any good as loops in general if not getting a game.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how to raise $110k to get Gawn in my side
If they both go nuts again, teams without them are screwed, look at the total points difference from last year between Grundy, Gawn and then the rest
Preuss looks set to play VFL and be a back up ruckman, so Gawn needs to come back in

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Trying to figure out how to raise $110k to get Gawn in my side
If they both go nuts again, teams without them are screwed, look at the total points difference from last year between Grundy, Gawn and then the rest
Preuss looks set to play VFL and be a back up ruckman, so Gawn needs to come back in
Just had a look at your team. Treloar> Taranto or Whitfield down to a mid pricer in Def. My most expensive Def at the moment is Mills.

Just had a look at your team. Treloar> Taranto or Whitfield down to a mid pricer in Def. My most expensive Def at the moment is Mills.
Literally just made the change
Whitfield to Mills
Goldy to Gawn

I think Treloar will go 110-120 this year so he's not going anywhere. He was averaging 110 last year before he tore both his hammies. Beams in will help him imo

Spider Eater

Importer/Exporter
Feb 23, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
I cannot for the life of me pick a team i am happy with starting Grundy and Gawn.
Just end up having far too many onfield rookies.

C'mon Stef, rip a hammy or something and let Archie Smith take the reigns!.

This is why is wished Pruess ended up at St Kilda... cheap an easy R2!

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
I cannot for the life of me pick a team i am happy with starting Grundy and Gawn.
Just end up having far too many onfield rookies.

C'mon Stef, rip a hammy or something and let Archie Smith take the reigns!.
I have Gawndy and only have 6 on field rookies. Collins and Clark in Def, Walsh and Constable in mids, and Setters and Drew up forward. My team is the ultimate in mid priced madness though.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Looking to trim $100K for other areas and keep looking at Gawn-Grundy.

Option 1
I'm thinking Gawn OR Grundy R1, Stef Martin R2 and Archie Smith R3.
$820K incl a non-playing rookie vs $740K plus R3 that will play, and is a straight sub in / no trade reqd if Martin is out?

Option 2
Keep the two premos, and pick a rookie R/F R3 with a mid-pricer R/F F5/6 maybe?

Option 3
Delete team and start again.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls

Option 1
$820K incl a non-playing rookie vs $740K plus R3 that will play, and is a straight sub in / no trade reqd if Martin is out?

Option 2

Option 3

I delete my team daily.

Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3
Tough to spend that much I know...but do you not think Grundy - Gawn will be the top guys at the end?
set'n'forget mate!...you dont want to be chasing them all year! there's too big of a gap between them and the others. and s**t always gets in the way of upgrade plans(injury/must have bubble rooks).
lots of mid price options around to save the coin elsewhere.
good luck!!

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Backing in Gawnstein. Goldy has a favourable draw early (Docklands games), and looks set to be in the ballpark to make the savings worthwhile points wise. Gawndy is the finishing side plan though.

Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!
SUMA SWALLOWS!!
1552022039480.png

I cant beleieve this s**t. After everything that has happened....

Fort being a good option rucking solo.

Zac Clarke being in the mix.

Goldy rucking on his own again and primed for a big a year

Gawn and Grundy both being clearly overpriced and destined to drop in value. Spending 15% of your cap on two Kent's.

Preuss choosing Melbourne like a ******* moron and throwing a massive spanner in the works.

Mumford coming out of retirement and being a sneaky option as long as you had someone (Fort you P.O.S) to cover the first couple rounds.

After all that, after everything... in the end every little chol campaigner, myself included is going to end up starting Gawn and Grundy anyway :rolleyes: :gun:

Nah diddnt play last week nor is he this week mate, should be right to go for round 1 tho from what ive heard
Cheers, mate, hmm, going him sight unseen for rd 1 would be a gamble. Goldy / Witts / punt on Kreuzer seem the only alternatives to going the two big dogs.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
500 points between the 2nd (Gawn) and 3rd (Stef Martin) ranked ruckmen. Yes, the $120,000 odd is a sticking point but im going to be using that money elsewhere (currently 4 premium mids).

If you can luckily select 2 of the top 5 rucks then it shouldn't matter if it's not the Gawndy combination many are salivating over imho.

Jul 5, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone considering witts for temporary to stepping stone to Gawn
Did that a start of last year.. And ended up keeping him all the way through! Witts

Been thinking about this very thing.. a stepping stone to either Grundy or Gawn. Even thinking Lobb/Lycett as a similar stepping stone.
Does allow a fair bit of cash for another premo or decent mid pricer.

GT619

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Did that a start of last year.. And ended up keeping him all the way through! Witts

Been thinking about this very thing.. a stepping stone to either Grundy or Gawn. Even thinking Lobb/Lycett as a similar stepping stone.
Does allow a fair bit of cash for another premo or decent mid pricer.

He’s got the saints rnd 1 who have no ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back