Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFS my cheap ruck set up failing by the day, not to mention Fort looking like a poo choice.

PaltrySkeletalFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

Gawn locked

But torn between Goldy or Grundy, leaning towards Goldie for a number of reasons (value, bye, cash for other lines and I expect him to be getting back to his best form}

The real dilemma is R3 and ruck cover if
R1 or R2 miss games.

Was initially thinking fort was the answer but he looks like poo

Clarke caught my eye but not sure if he'll play.

Archie see Clarke and more expensive. He's currently my R3.

Am now seriously considering a cheap DPP R3 with someone like The Hoff or Lycett at F3 (current F3 is Walters)

Thoughts kentlemen?

One suave *

Gawn locked

But torn between Goldy or Grundy, leaning towards Goldie for a number of reasons (value, bye, cash for other lines and I expect him to be getting back to his best form}

The real dilemma is R3 and ruck cover if
R1 or R2 miss games.

Was initially thinking fort was the answer but he looks like poo

Clarke caught my eye but not sure if he'll play.

Archie see Clarke and more expensive. He's currently my R3.

Am now seriously considering a cheap DPP R3 with someone like The Hoff or Lycett at F3 (current F3 is Walters)

Thoughts kentlemen?

One suave ****

Gawndynes. Not even worried about a dpp in the fwd to start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, you are mod, you could technically close it :think:
Should have closed it mid-Dec. Anyone not going with that combo is absolutely nuts. Those two far ahead of the rest it’s not funny. Set and forget. Picking anyone else just means losing points and then using an upgrade trade.

Gawnkervis. Nank has been getting better every season.

Looking at his stats, he marginally improved his possession numbers in 2018 vs 2017, really made a leap in one percenters, improved in clearances,seemed otherwise fairly stable (dropoff in tackles, e.g, surprisingly) vs 2017.
Think to improve, the main avenue has to be HTA. Don’t have the comparative HTA data, but the HO data were basically constant 2017-18. Comes down to if you think he’ll take a stride like Grundy (whose tap work was really only fair to middling and I thought would prevent him from being much better than a 105-110 type tbh).
His height / athleticism place a ceiling there, he’s giving up cm to most (think 3+ inches to Gawn, more 1-2 on others) and I don’t think he’s got a big wingspan, so he has to compensate with craft, I guess, he’s already rucking to a bloody handy midfield.
Hope he goes well.

Only thing that will stop Gawn/Grundy combo from being the winning strategy in the ruck is injury to one or both, period. They are on another level to everyone else.
Goldy and Martin on the next wrung by themselves, then throw a blanket over the rest.
I see English as the one who could potentially take a step up to Goldy/Martin's level.

Only thing that will stop Gawn/Grundy combo from being the winning strategy in the ruck is injury to one or both, period. They are on another level to everyone else.
Goldy and Martin on the next wrung by themselves, then throw a blanket over the rest.
I see English as the one who could potentially take a step up to Goldy/Martin's level.
Is this the same Tim English who's never gone above 80 in a single game? Gonna step up to a 100 average with 9 games under his belt? Buckley's and none IMO

Have fallen back to Gawn/Grundy. Can only see Goldy as an alternative.
Think the 150k isn’t worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back