Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee it's annoying when people claim Grundy and Gawn is the only possible starting ruck combination, and that you're an idiot/not taking it seriously/etc. if you don't pick them. Does my head in. Same with those saying Danger/Macrae are M U S T starts.

The initial team is all about optimising for cash generation and balance. It would be ludicrous to suggest starting 8 set and forget midfielders, but it follows the same logic - you can't pick a full premo team from the start, so you need to pick a team that can get you there asap.

Grundy has almost no upside in terms of an increase in average. As everyone knows, players are nominally priced at their previous season's average. The upside Grundy and co. offers is in being a captain option, which slightly distorts the linear relationship between price and average.

With all that said I have both Grundy and Gawn, but it's not a clear cut decision without any consideration. I still might go Goldstein, for example, the ~$150k will certainly come in handy in upgrading some mid pricers, etc.
While I agree with most of that, Danger IS a must have imo. He will be at least 20 points ahead of the next best fwd. Whereas the gap between Gawndy and Goldy/Stef/fit Kreuz/breakout ruck might only be 10 points.
Also, Danger has a far superior scoring history, and with more mid time this year is every chance to better last year's average. Whereas Grundy has had only one premo season, and Gawn has yet to back up a 130ish average.

Witts could only muster up 74 & 86 against tim english and Allir Allir :sick:

Yeah, saw that, too.
Lycett the only other one I can think of, Ryder situation not yet clear, there, though.

Does anyone have the ruck stats between the JLT 2018 compared to 2019? I read a one liner somewhere stating stoppages had reduced with the new 666 rule. If they have then will Ruck scores drop all around? Maybe this is offset by more centre bounces after goals??

Any data or links to articles post JLT (e.g. not speculation) are much appreciated.

Grundy and Goldstein to start with. Had Gawn and Goldy for the whole season last year. Just want to go Grundy to start this season with the target of upgrading Goldy to Gawn later on if absolutely necessary.
Haven't been too stressed about starting with the Gawndy combination because I thoroughly enjoyed this run home from big Todd last year...

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 2.41.08 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels a bit like kissing your cousin...having that ruck lineup
I have a ruck set-up similar to that and have no problems kissing his cousin

View attachment 636856
My latest creation. I call it “Brochie”
What's giving you confidence that he's going to play?

Last I heard he got injured after being towelled up by Gawn and Martin stepped in and looked, well looked like Martin, a topline ruck.

He's not going to get the forward/ruck role as they have another guy for that....

I think he'll get games as they'll want him to sign a new contract for when Martin does drop off, but he's not going to get many this year unless there's an injury is he? He's a luxury R3 for me if he's SC relevant at all.

View attachment 636856
My latest creation. I call it “Brochie”

Last I heard he got injured after being towelled up by Gawn and Martin stepped in and looked, well looked like Martin, a topline ruck.

He's not going to get the forward/ruck role as they have another guy for that....

I think he'll get games as they'll want him to sign a new contract for when Martin does drop off, but he's not going to get many this year unless there's an injury is he? He's a luxury R3 for me if he's SC relevant at all.
Surely if he plays he scores better than almost all other rookies and makes great coin? Could be Witts 2.0 from when he joined the Suns.

Surely if he plays he scores better than almost all other rookies and makes great coin? Could be Witts 2.0 from when he joined the Suns.
That's why I'm asking where the confidence in him playing every week comes from....

I see him playing 6-7 games maybe which might make him the best of a bad lot in terms of R3 (but expensive) but not viable as an R2

I would love to find a value pick for R2 but I just don't see one.....

I'm hoping he is named this week. He is purely for cash generation, if he averages 75 I'm happy. I have the Hoff forward and can easily swing him into the rucks should Archie miss a game. Love the flexibility it gives me by not having Gawndy. Allows me to go to M5 Premo + Brouch + Libba and to F4 premo + Moore

I'm hoping he is named this week. He is purely for cash generation, if he averages 75 I'm happy. I have the Hoff forward and can easily swing him into the rucks should Archie miss a game. Love the flexibility it gives me by not having Gawndy. Allows me to go to M5 Premo + Brouch + Libba and to F4 premo + Moore
Ah, with The Hoff in your forward line my faith in your sanity is restored.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back