Position 2019 rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's coughing up for the Grundy/Gawn combo from round 1 ?? Preuss back to the VFL for JLT2 and said to need time developing as a ruckman.
looks like it at this stage. Feeling the cheaper options more viable in AF and not cheap enough to make enough difference elsewhere in RDT.
Darcy the one ill watch this week as a potential challenger

Who's coughing up for the Grundy/Gawn combo from round 1 ?? Preuss back to the VFL for JLT2 and said to need time developing as a ruckman.

Yes. I'm just not happy with anything else.

Pruess will be named emergency round 2 or 3 and pulses will start racing

Pruess will be named emergency round 2 or 3 and pulses will start racing
especially with 4 emergencies named now I expect Preuss to be named emergency a lot, hopefully 22 times in regular season, its when he's not Emg id be more worried as it means he's playing!

If you think Crows will improve this year and I think they will by quite a bit, you couldn't be blamed for backing Jacobs in

A few points from earlier in the thread (I'm just catching with everything DT at the moment). Hickey is our number 1 ruck with Vardy playing the traditional Scott Lycett role. They should both get game time as Simmo loves his tandem rucks where one is a legitimate forward option (Vardy).

Darcy will score very well the number 1 ruck for Fremantle as he tackles hard and gets around the ground for a decent amount of touches too. Ross Lyon and Freo would be mental to drop him once Sandilands is fit... So expect Darcy to play WAFL in six weeks time ;).

I just can't pick who I'm going to start as ruck this year. At the moment I have Grundy and Westhoff but I really don't know. I feel like Lycett is a genuine option at Port Adelaide to start in DT teams, but I'm still worried about the possibility of a potential 80's average which just won't cut it.

A few points from earlier in the thread (I'm just catching with everything DT at the moment). Hickey is our number 1 ruck with Vardy playing the traditional Scott Lycett role. They should both get game time as Simmo loves his tandem rucks where one is a legitimate forward option (Vardy).

Darcy will score very well the number 1 ruck for Fremantle as he tackles hard and gets around the ground for a decent amount of touches too. Ross Lyon and Freo would be mental to drop him once Sandilands is fit... So expect Darcy to play WAFL in six weeks time ;).

I just can't pick who I'm going to start as ruck this year. At the moment I have Grundy and Westhoff but I really don't know. I feel like Lycett is a genuine option at Port Adelaide to start in DT teams, but I'm still worried about the possibility of a potential 80's average which just won't cut it.

Darcy is also a giant walking injury waiting to happen

Last week I was keen on Lycett at R2 to start with as it saved cash, but after looking around the Port board and seeing Westhoffs role on the weekend, it seems he'll be roaming around the ground again racking up the +6s, so I'd be left with an inferior ruck forward if I went Lycett

Really down to Gawn vs Westhoff for R2 now for me

With moneyball being the current theme, does anyone have the stones to do something crazy like picking Sean Darcy and Shane Mumford. Darcy will play a whole bunch of games this year you would think and as long as he played the first 2 you would have Mumford from there on out. Both would make cash, and Mumford should score well. Or is Mumford too much of a question mark with Dawson Simpson around??

With moneyball being the current theme, does anyone have the stones to do something crazy like picking Sean Darcy and Shane Mumford. Darcy will play a whole bunch of games this year you would think and as long as he played the first 2 you would have Mumford from there on out. Both would make cash, and Mumford should score well. Or is Mumford too much of a question mark with Dawson Simpson around??

Issue is Mumford won't play until round 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only way you'd pick Mumford is having a Westhoff/Vardy/Lycett type too then swing them forward when Mummy returns

Considered it in SC as his scoring is better suited for that game but not DT as he doesn't find enough of the footy, relies heavily on hitouts and tackles to score, he'll only be a cash cow only, can see him averaging 80-85, durability a problem too.

And you thought my mid priced squad was risky. WOW!! :p

It actually inspired this line of thinking. Just throwing around ideas for everyone to consider. Thought you might like it. It could work.
Yeah, but there is mid price madness and then there is just plain stupidity. Kudos for thinking of something so far out of the box though.

I know planning for the bye this far out is crazy, but if Gawn Didnt share the bye with Grundy, I’d most likely just pony up and be done with it.

Been running with Westhoff recently, thinking the DPP connection could be handy down the track. Think he is likely to drop value thou. Goldstein my other option like many others.

I know planning for the bye this far out is crazy, but if Gawn Didnt share the bye with Grundy, I’d most likely just pony up and be done with it.

Been running with Westhoff recently, thinking the DPP connection could be handy down the track. Think he is likely to drop value thou. Goldstein my other option like many others.
Was looking at Goldstein before

If I drop Macrae to Rockliff and Gawn/Westhoff to Goldstein then I can have both Witherden and Boak and not need to pick a Moore/Cousins/McCarthy type to fill a gap somewhere, be it at F4/M5/D4

Goldstein doesn't play Grundy or Gawn before his bye too which is interesting, though it's probably more a Supercoach relevant factor in deciding whether to pick him or not

Daniher our, Clarke become a short term option if named up fwd? Prob too risky for R2 but interesting thought on paying up for cash generation at R3

Possibly.
Once Dixon is back he'd be the third tall (of we play Marshall). Should kick 20+ goals and get 15 hitouts a game at least.
Ryder/Lycett will kill it forward this year if they both stay fit.

20+goals and 15 hitouts a game is impressive 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back