News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah yeah yeah .. funny how the media have gone with the idea of Lukosius and Rankine being possible players in the trade ..

Maybe 1 or both of these young men are thinking about coming home. And maybe Brad doesn't have to be a part of it.

Everyone keeps bannging on about how unfair it is that GCS may get a PP. Yet Lukusious and King refuse to re-sign.
Oh so conservative mid table finishes are quite tranquil.
Sick of it. Do some work s**t club and make some moves.

Oh so conservative mid table finishes are quite tranquil.
Sick of it. Do some work s**t club and make some moves.
Misty .. I wasn't having a crack at Misty

No problem with the incompetence we all know comes with being a fan of victorian football

Glenelg .. winners

Why does it seem most clubs have warchests gto buy players yet Adelaide seem to max out each year. Overpaying ave players.
I think a lot of other teams go on the front foot on moving out guys, whereas we seem to cling to everyone who wants to stay. Swans let guys like Hannebery, Rohan and Newman go last year, replaced them with rookies and now have the cap to potentially bring in Daniher this year.

We seem to just roll the money we've freed up to the player next down the line, rather than looking for cheaper options from the draft, though that seems to potentially be changing.

Doubt it, it'll be a 3rd round pick.

Just on them, if they want to pay Brouch 900K on a lengthy deal then they can't be saying "Luko is off the table, so is pick 1 and 2".

We just walk away.

In reality, GC are not going to trade something that is so far overs this year whilst he is contracted (I hope) - and you guys should walk away.

IF GC are considering giving him a big contract. I'd prefer to wait until end of next year - see if his body can hold up to 2 seasons in a row for the first time and then if he likes the look of our contract and direction get him uncontracted for a fair price.

Brad for pick 14 plus their future 2nd is probably about where it sits.

He is an injury prone crash and bash midfielder with relatively low efficiency.

At the start of next season he will be 26. We should be very cautious about a 5 year extension taking him through to 31.

We probably won’t want to match a deal like that when he is RFA either.

GC would know all of that, which means we aren’t in a position to refuse a reasonable trade offer.

Brad is a fine player but we also need to be strategic about where our list is at.
If that ends up the best we can do then Brad stays. Simple.

In reality, GC are not going to trade something that is so far overs this year whilst he is contracted (I hope) - and you guys should walk away.

IF GC are considering giving him a big contract. I'd prefer to wait until end of next year - see if his body can hold up to 2 seasons in a row for the first time and then if he likes the look of our contract and direction get him uncontracted for a fair price.
That's why he's pushing for an extension with a year left on his deal. He wants the security now in the event of his body packing it in on him again.

My guess is if no one wants to give him a deal now then it works in our favour in re-signing him long-term.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. I suspect the AFL will be pulling the reins in an attempt to get GC competitive in 2020, so there might be some outside assistance/coercion to get trades like this done now, even though it would arguably be better for both clubs to wait 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we going to have anyone left to play in the midfield?
Not a bad thing considering how s**t our midfield was this year

This is the area if the ground that needs most of the attention in our list rebuild

We are ok down back and have young players coming through up forward with Fog, Stengle, McAdam, Davis and Easy, however there is much work to do in rebuilding our midfield

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a bad thing considering how s**t our midfield was this year

This is the area if the ground that needs most of the attention in our list rebuild

We are ok down back and have young players coming through up forward with Fog, Stengle, McAdam, Davis and Easy, however there is much work to do in rebuilding our midfield

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure our midfield issues are entirely personnel related, which does surprise me given the players seem to love Godden so much.

Why does it seem most clubs have warchests gto buy players yet Adelaide seem to max out each year. Overpaying ave players.

Crows don’t pay their top end players the big bucks cause they have been paying overs for their mediocre players for years in an effort to keep together a well rounded squad.

Fifth hand Chinese whispers suggests they will move towards the Richmond model where the top 6 or so players take up a large portion of the cap.

The idea being if players 7 and 8 leave everyone moves up 2 cogs in the chain so players 23 and 24 come into the 22 and nothing is lost.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After going out in straight sets, and not having done much in those games, he really shouldn't be trolling. Looks like a Lever/Polec style flog.

How much crap would Tex be copping if it was him doing that?
Or he could just be having a bit of fun with his mates?

He’s a superstar waiting for 2 straight years of not being injured. Brad is the equivalent of every elite mid in the league. He’s just not had a consistent run at it so doesn’t have the tank and confidence in his weapons. Make no mistake, Brad is a superstar, if his body allows.
I wholeheartedly agree, but it's an enormous risk given his history that dates back to his junior days.

I wouldn't mind giving him a 5 year deal, but 1mil a year ?? Not for mine.

Not sure our midfield issues are entirely personnel related, which does surprise me given the players seem to love Godden so much.
I think we just brought Godden in because Campo took over a team wide role, so needed more assistance on that line, especially on game day, but full control was never handed over to Godden from Campo from what I'd heard.

Last edited:
I think we just brought Godden in because Campo took over a team wide role, so needed more assistance on that line, but full control was never handed over to Godden from Campo from what I'd heard.
Makes sense doesn't it, hence why Campo seems to have been smashed in the review.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back