News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Carey trade is indicative of how far trading has evolved
Pick 4 for an albeit legendary forward over 30 was a desperate reach at the time
Would a team give up a top 10 pick for a Kennedy, Riewoldt or Hawkins today

In my mind, our worst trade ever

Pick 4 for an albeit legendary forward over 30 was a desperate reach at the time

Points wise what was Gibbs worth?

What is Pick 4 worth?

Carey at least took us to a flag. :$ :drunk::$

The theory wad sound.

We had a gun midfield, a gun albeit older defence, we just lacked a power forward. Carey at 75% would've been enough and we took the risk.

The theory wad sound.

We had a gun midfield, a gun albeit older defence, we just lacked a power forward. Carey at 75% would've been enough and we took the risk.

Im not sure if Carey went through a medical at the Crows, but the fact he couldnt mark above his shoulders was measure of just how cooked he was.

I thought he played a ripper GF for us though in the preseason. He looked fairly solid. But an average Carey was always going to be better than any big tall forward we had the time.

In fairness he also had a few issues while he played for us that prematurely ended his career with us.

Crows got pick #12 for a nearly cooked Shaun Rehn

The theory wad sound.

Agree the theory was sound, just gave up too much for Duck
In today’s AFL, we would’ve traded pick 4 for two first rounders, then on traded a mid first for Carey
Carey was never worth pick 4
Should’ve thrown everything at Pavlich
But that was then

Agree the theory was sound, just gave up too much for Duck
In today’s AFL, we would’ve traded pick 4 for two first rounders, then on traded a mid first for Carey
Carey was never worth pick 4
Should’ve thrown everything at Pavlich
But that was then

Pavlich in 2002, had "only" kicked 10 goals which I am presuming it was because he must have played in other positions. This may have put the Crows off?

Sadly for us, he averaged around 70 goals a season, from 2005 to 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure if Carey went through a medical at the Crows, but the fact he couldnt mark above his shoulders was measure of just how cooked he was.

I thought he played a ripper GF for us though in the preseason. He looked fairly solid. But an average Carey was always going to be better than any big tall forward we had the time.

In fairness he also had a few issues while he played for us that prematurely ended his career with us.
There was a game against Hawthorn at the G where he had 24 and kicked 4 I think, and a few cameos but yeah.... very poor outcomes.

There was a game against Hawthorn at the G where he had 24 and kicked 4 I think, and a few cameos but yeah.... very poor outcomes.

I swear I thought he kicked 4 or 5 goals in the GF and importantly kicked the match winner or sealer in that Night GF?

Gosh I was so pumped that night.

I swear I thought he kicked 4 or 5 goals in the GF and importantly kicked the match winner or sealer in that Night GF?

Gosh I was so pumped that night.
He did, kicked the first of them inside the centre square. Strutted around s bit too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back