News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
From what I'd been told it had become Fagan vs Roo/Chapman on the review. Fagan was pushing for it, Roo/Chapman kept telling him it wasn't needed, Burton and Campo were great, then Roo put his foot in his mouth with the "go support someone else" comment and so Roo/Chapman called the review as damage control, but limited the scope not to include the board (which Fagan wanted)

Liked by some of the older senior core, but not as much outside that.
Interestingly, this info came from a senior player.

Maybe playing favourites? It would probably be hard not to when you've been at the club for a decade.

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Interestingly, this info came from a senior player.

Maybe playing favourites? It would probably be hard not to when you've been at the club for a decade.
I don't think it's all the senior players, but he had an older group like the Douglas/Thommo/Danger types who loved him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
From what I'd been told it had become Fagan vs Roo/Chapman on the review. Fagan was pushing for it, Roo/Chapman kept telling him it wasn't needed, Burton and Campo were great, then Roo put his foot in his mouth with the "go support someone else" comment and so Roo/Chapman called the review as damage control, but limited the scope not to include the board (which Fagan wanted)

From what I heard, Brett was surprised (probably all that public support he was receiving from Chapman), and is pretty unhappy that he is the scapegoat when there are others still there who perhaps shouldn't be.

I'm not sure who they are though

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

I believe that. Fagan is an outsider and not stupid, I believe he’s eventually seen through the Boys Club culture and wants to change it.

Burton was Roos appointment. Chapman loves Roo and the Boys Club culture. It’s obvious they would have held on if they could, you just had to see what Chapman was trying to do by pumping up Burton in that needless interview. Thankfully Roo has a big mouth and isn’t that bright at times.

Chapman and Roo have to go.

Jul 31, 2007
The land of draft picks
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats, Dethklok
From what I heard, Brett was surprised (probably all that public support he was receiving from Chapman), and is pretty unhappy that he is the scapegoat when there are others still there who perhaps shouldn't be.

They should get him on Footy Classified to explain his side of the story. Would be a good laugh I reckon.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
No that's not right, Fagan didn't think we needed the review and had ideas on what he wanted to change, took those ideas to the board, the board said they want a full review before implementing what Fagan wanted to do.

"go support someone else" was Roos hypothetical response to people who would not accept the findings of the review so it definitely wasn't what caused the review.

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
No that's not right, Fagan didn't think we needed the review and had ideas on what he wanted to change, took those ideas to the board, the board said they want a full review before implementing what Fagan wanted to do.

"go support someone else" was Roos hypothetical response to people who would not accept the findings of the review so it definitely wasn't what caused the review.
Roo was not responding to questions about the review but in general about the clubs leaders making decisions, that could have meant them keeping certain members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I reckon if he was coming we would have announced it quite quickly, reckon there will be no further changes or additions until next year.
But but but Rowey said he was a lock......

I think they'll get someone, who that is o have no idea. Glenelg were quite concerned Stone was going early days though.

My guess would be Nicks might want someone he's had a relationship within football before.

Ramify

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

The runners perhaps?

FullyBigKPro

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Heard through my source that Crows looking to trade pick 4 for picks 7 and 10 (Freo) or with Geelong (14 amd 17 along with something else)...

Shiver me timbers....:oops:

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows

Burton has no self awareness & is the type of person who never thinks he has done anything wrong, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I believe that. Fagan is an outsider and not stupid, I believe he’s eventually seen through the Boys Club culture and wants to change it.

Burton was Roos appointment. Chapman loves Roo and the Boys Club culture. It’s obvious they would have held on if they could, you just had to see what Chapman was trying to do by pumping up Burton in that needless interview. Thankfully Roo has a big mouth and isn’t that bright at times.

Chapman and Roo have to go.
We really need a fresh Chair outside the boys club & along with the rumored footy manager would change the dynamics of AFC.

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Burton has no self awareness & is the type of person who never thinks he has done anything wrong, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.
You can immediately tell his type. The whole "I find that offensive" BS when questioned about anything, just an insecure man who can't handle people not agreeing with him. He probably said sorry to the players by saying "I apologise if you took issue with what I did", which is the type of thing someone not actually showing any contrition at all will say.

mattymac

GM of Awareness
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Heard through my source that Crows looking to trade pick 4 for picks 7 and 10 (Freo) or with Geelong (14 amd 17 along with something else)...

Shiver me timbers....:oops:
I'd rather keep 4.

Quality over quantity every day of the week. One Red Baron or two pretty good pilots?

However, 7 and 10 I could stomach. Means we've traded 9 and 19 for 7 and 10.

14 and 17 for 9 and 19 can piss right off.

Top Bottom